Ants in the Cheerios - Final Update 12/21

The abuse your new camera took is making me nervous about Jason bringing his new one on our trip. Or maybe you just need to switch to Canon. LOL!

Jason probably won't put his camera through what I did mine.  Besides, what's the use of having it if you can't use it?

I know Canon makes some great cameras, but I'm a diehard Nikon user.  And I would have to not only buy the camera body but five lenses.  Ouch.  That would be around a $4,000 investment to switch.  After the holidays I'll send my camera back to Nikon.  At least it is under warranty.  And I have to say I've been using Nikon products for over 30 years and this is the first time I've had any problem other than just plain wearing out a camera.

What a great trip! 

Thank you!  I thought so too.

I want to full time some day too, even if it's just for a year or two. 

We can always dream ...

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you x 2.   The PGA has chaplains, too.  But I don't think he would want to be on the road so much and away from his family right now since his children are so young.  We'll see.

Man, that's a sad photo of the Motorhome pulling out of the 700 loop.

Your windshield doesn't look very dirty to me.  You should see mine after a nice drive through central Florida during love bug season.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

I hope the camera gets fixed up good as new, so you'll have it ready to go for the next time.

TCD

p.s.  I am amazed by how many people never noticed the vine at Sir Mickeys?

Are you kidding me?

How could you miss the vine?

TCD

I know it has been quite a few years since you've visited the MK with little kids, so I'll remind you of a few things.  "I need to potty!"......"I'm hungry!"......."I wanna ride Dumbo!!!"........."Daaaaad, can we get ice cream??".........."Hey, she hit me!".........

Kind of tough to take in the detailed surroundings and notice a vine in that environment.  

Someday....

A Few PhotoPass Pictures

000firstpictogether.jpg

005meetingBuzz.jpg

001buzz1.jpg

002buzz2.jpg

003space1.jpg

004space2.jpg

006cinderella1.jpg

007cinderella2.jpg

008aurora.jpg

009family.jpg

010dinosaur.jpg

011indhs.jpg

012indhs.jpg

013rnrc.jpg

014tot.jpg

015withmickey.jpg

016withgoofy.jpg

017allwithMickey.jpg

018famwithgoofy.jpg

019allwithMinnie.jpg

020cwithrapunzel.jpg

021cwithsnow.jpg

022cwithariel.jpg

023allwithtalkingmickey.jpg

Matthew, Erica, and Einstein rode EE but didn't like the photo so they didn't get it.

M/E, Einstein, and Diva rode Splash, but I got another family's photo.  Ours wasn't found.

Did you notice how Einstein has the same blank stare on every ride photo?  He loved all of them.  Not sure of why the stare.

Why are you looking the wrong way in the Buzz ride photo?

That's a blank wall you're looking at.

That's a funny photo!

TCD

I have no idea.  Glad I could give you a laugh.   ;D

I like everyone's expression in the Dinosaur photo.

Me too.  I was afraid Diva might get scared since she was in HM and TOT, but she loved it.

Final Thoughts

The two weeks were so different!  Hence Yin and Yag was a possible title. 

Which did we prefer?  I honestly can't answer.  Our time spent with the grandkids was wonderful and a once-in-a-lifetime experience.  We made lots of great memories.  It will be at least three years before we can do this again, and the kids will be older and more self-sufficient.  They won't be as excited about having Gigi and Papa along. 

Miracle and Red treat us so differently now!  One of the downsides of living away from small grandchildren is that they don't really get to know us with occasional visits.  We really bonded with them on this trip!  When we attended Matthew's graduation, Red curled up in David's lap and went to sleep.  He would never have done that before.  It was so sweet.

Our time alone was also wonderful.  By the time the kids/grandkids left, we were exhausted.  It took us a few days to recover.  I'm glad we had the week with the kids first.

But, honestly, large parties are hard to maneuver. 

Especially when one of the adults changes his/her mind every five minutes. 

Especially when the group is constantly being fragmented and some of us get caught waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting ...

Red had far fewer meltdowns than a normal day.  Great!

Miracle had more meltdowns than I would have imagined.  That's just not his nature.  He is usually a patient, happy-go-lucky, go-with-the-flow little boy.

Diva didn't change clothes during any day!  A first!  Guess her mom didn't pack enough clothes to allow it.  Good for Erica!

Einstein was brave and rode all the biggies.  Although the photos don't indicate it, he loved all of them.

Diva was also brave and rode all the biggies she was tall enough for.  And was heartbroken that she couldn't go on RNRC.  The only biggie she didn't like was TOT.  And she didn't like HM.  Both were too spooky for her.  I wonder if this has anything to do with my father passing away recently.  There has been a lot of talk about this in their house.  Miracle doesn't understand and is still questioning his parents about why he can't see Papaw.  (Yes, to the kids and grandkids my parents were Nanny and Papaw.  Not by my choice but by my mother.  I hate those labels.)

We only had a little pixie dust, but that's okay because on our last trip we had MUCH more than our fair share.

WDW transportation -- it was great except  for a couple of very long waits returning to the fort from EPCOT.  Otherwise, we never had a wait of more than ten minutes.

It's Been a Long Time

• TSM
  • ITTBAB
  • Photos with Mickey

We experienced a lot of firsts:

• PP+.  I'm glad I purchased it for this trip.  Wouldn't, though, for just the two of us.
  • Columbia Harbor House - ho hum.
  • Wilderness Lodge - wow!
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe - good, but the kids were too tired to enjoy it.  A waste.
  • Crockett's Tavern (can I really count it?) - disappointing b/c of the crowds.  They need more space and another bartender on busy nights.
  • Disney Junior Live on Stage - won't go back unless the grandchildren insist.  I'll do anything for them.  Well, almost.
  • Rosie's All-American Cafe - good, not great, burgers.
  • Fantasmic! - glad we attended, but we won't go back.  A huge disappointment.
  • Liberty Tree Tavern - a first for David.  He thought it was just okay.  I think it's great.
  • Talking Mickey.  He was so much fun!
  • Visiting Mickey and Minnie in their Christmas sweaters.
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge - glad we saw it once.  Won't go back.
  • David bought a rapid-fill mug.  I always get one, but this was his first time.  Saved us a ton of money.  Just on coffee.  Not counting the sweetened tea for dinner.  I got a couple refills of sugar-free Pomegranate Lemonade every day.  I could drink that nonstop.  And did I mention that it's great with a splash of tequila?
  • MagicBands -- we liked them.  Every night I would get FPs for the park we planned to visit the next day.  This allowed us to experience a lot of things we wouldn't have otherwise.

Things on my to do list that we didn't accomplish:

• Captain EO.  I'm gonna let that one slide.
  • MK Flag Retreat.  I'm determined to see it one day!
  • Visit with the schmuckface bus driver.
  • And since the Snow White mine train is scheduled to open next year, I'm adding it to my list.

So this trip we did whittle down our to do list.  We should be able to mark everything off our list next October, provided schmuckface attends the Halloween potluck.

And I've talked David into staying at least three weeks next fall!

I hope I included enough pood forn to keep DIT and others happy.

And if anyone wants to see more photos, let me know what you want ... with the amount of pics I took, I probably have most anything you could ask for except for inside men's restrooms.

Now, to start my scrapbook ... that's even more intimidating than finishing this TR!

Thanks to everyone who has read along and encouraged me.

Thanks for a great trip report and WONDERFUL pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

Gwen, with all of the trouble that you have had with the new camera during this trip, are you gonna keep it get another one?

I'm gonna ship it back to Nikon after the holidays.  I imagine they will repair instead of replace it.

Thank you for sharing your trip!  I enjoyed reading it very much.  

Thanks for posting all the pictures and sharing the trip with us!

Thank you both!  Glad you read along.

Finally all caught up Gwen.

What an awesome TR!

Your pics are awesome.

You have set the bar high for your WWW TR!!!

Alas, I might not be able to share much of it!  MPR rules, you know.  And the good camera will be in the shop by then.

MPR for the public domain? Sure

PM'd TR updates should be fair game though.

Hmmm ... I don't think the WW would agree.

Thanks so much for sharing your great photos. They were excellent! I especially liked the one with the snow. I really enjoyed reading all about your trip.

Thank you!  The snow one is the background on my computer right now.  It makes me smile every time I look at it.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

I can only Imagine how much work it is to do a great TR like yours

Thank you, Ray.  Yes, it is a lot of work, but in the end it's worth it.  My hat goes off to everyone who writes a TR, but especially to TCD for writing several each year.