WDW replaced side garden salads with caesar salads

I'm a counter service sort of person.  I've been checking out the WDW menus for my trip next week.  I'm surprised to see that the side garden salads have been replaced at most of the counter service restaurants with caesar salads.  Who thought that was a good idea?   Not me, that's for sure.  The only reason I can think they are doing this is to limit the type of salad dressings they have to stock.  No salads for me.  Bummer.  :-[

Hang on a minute.

Is this really a new change?

Where were they serving garden salads?

I can only think of one place where they served side salads- Pizza Planet in DHS- and that's been a small Caesar salad for as long as I can remember.

FYI- at the quick serve places you can ask to just have the entrée, and they will deduct the price of the salad from your meal- usually around $2.

TCD

Hang on a minute.

Is this really a new change?

Where were they serving garden salads?

I can only think of one place where they served side salads- Pizza Planet in DHS- and that's been a small Caesar salad for as long as I can remember.

FYI- at the quick serve places you can ask to just have the entrée, and they will deduct the price of the salad from your meal- usually around $2.

TCD

I used to get a pizza with a side garden salad at Pinochio Village House.  I also think I was getting a side salad at Colonial Harbor House.  That's where I would get the Ken's Country French dressing.   

I used to get a pizza with a side garden salad at Pinochio Village House.  I also think I was getting a side salad at Colonial Harbor House.  That's where I would get the Ken's Country French dressing.   

My guess is that they offer the side salads as an option at a lot of places but don't advertise it.  It's all part of the conspiracy to screw TCD. 

OK-but how long ago was that?

Your mention of Pinocchio Village Haus reminded me that we ate there in September- I didn't see any garden salads there.

I know that they have packets of salad dressing at some of the restaurants for guests to use who are ordering the large salads, but still don't remember seeing a CS location serving a side garden salad any time in recent history.

TCD

OK-but how long ago was that?

Your mention of Pinocchio Village Haus reminded me that we ate there in September- I didn't see any garden salads there.

I know that they have packets of salad dressing at some of the restaurants for guests to use who are ordering the large salads, but still don't remember seeing a CS location serving a side garden salad any time in recent history.

TCD

Last time I was at WDW was over a year ago.   You've probably been there 10 times since I was last.  Lucky you. 

If I were to, due to an illness affecting my brain and altering my thought processes, order a salad at WDW, it would be a Ceasar salad. It has cheese and a tangy high calorie dressing made with a raw egg. Why are we wasting valuable band width on some lettuce issues? Now, if they were replacing the delicious fried chicken in the GAG with tofu, that would be thread worthy. Carry on.