Runner's years long trip to The Dopey ... and beyond!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad I could be  part of keeping you moving Ed. 

Thank you schmuckface,  I forgot where I was posting.   I hereby retract any apologies.  I'm really not sorry.   TCD

Nope - Some Red and sprinkle in some White Stars ... I'm going to sport the Red, White and Blue!

And more beyond. I completed the Flash 12K in St. Marks, FL in 54 minutes. My first run in the chair at that distance, so it was a PR.

Right after finishing, I loaded up, and OldeKoot and I headed to Gainesville. Why? Another run, of course. I did packet pickup for the 5 Points of Life Marathon tomorrow morning.

If you are headed up 95 and need anything from say Balt Md. until north of De. let me know, that's the area within 90 minutes either way of our house would be more then glad to help anyway if needed.

Meanwhile ... 2/15 I did the 12K Flash in St. Marks, FL

Place     First Name             Last Name               Sex        Age       Time1         Edward                 Russell                  M          60       54:47

Then I did something totally in compliance with being Goofy and Dopey - I did the 5 Points of Life Marathon in Gainesville today (2/16). You run through The Swamp (at least the parking garage and vendor sections). They had video clips playing football highlites - or maybe they were cherry picked to avoid the lowlites.  :rofl2:

Place   Time      Pace  |Group Group | Sex  Sex| Bib#   Name                                City State13    3:03:09.7   6:59   Master   3     M   11   1364  Edward Russell                       Bristol, FL

I was First in the Wheelchair Division and won a water bottle  ... and a $15 Gift Card! :clint:

Photos as they become available.

Meanwhile ... 2/15 I did the 12K Flash in St. Marks, FL

Place     First Name             Last Name               Sex        Age       Time1         Edward                 Russell                  M          60       54:47

Then I did something totally in compliance with being Goofy and Dopey - I did the 5 Points of Life Marathon in Gainesville today (2/16). You run through The Swamp (at least the parking garage and vendor sections). They had video clips playing football highlites - or maybe they were cherry picked to avoid the lowlites.  :rofl2:

Place   Time      Pace  |Group Group | Sex  Sex| Bib#   Name                                City State13    3:03:09.7   6:59   Master   3     M   11   1364  Edward Russell                       Bristol, FL

I was First in the Wheelchair Division and won a water bottle  ... and a $15 Gift Card! :clint:

Photos as they become available.

GO GATA!

I wonder if you went by Twin #1's dorm this time?

A  water bottle and a $15 dollar gift card?  How generous of them!

Eewwwwwww

Don't be a hater.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Nope - It's all good.

Go Gata.

TCD

GO GATA!

I wonder if you went by Twin #1's dorm this time

TCD

Not sure - from SW 12th St., we turned onto Inner Rd.; Inner Rd. to Newell Dr.; Newell Dr. to Union Rd.; Union Rd. to Buckman Dr.; Buckman Dr. to Stadium Rd. Enter the Stadium at Gate 15 and circle the long way to exit at Gate 18. Stadium Rd. to Fraternity Dr., Frat Dr. to Museum Rd. ...

The actual map is at http://www.fivepointsoflife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Marathon-Map-2014.pdf

Not sure - from SW 12th St., we turned onto Inner Rd.; Inner Rd. to Newell Dr.; Newell Dr. to Union Rd.; Union Rd. to Buckman Dr.; Buckman Dr. to Stadium Rd. Enter the Stadium at Gate 15 and circle the long way to exit at Gate 18. Stadium Rd. to Fraternity Dr., Frat Dr. to Museum Rd. ...

The actual map is at http://www.fivepointsoflife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Marathon-Map-2014.pdf

Thanks for the map.  If you did the full, that railroad bridge you crossed is close to where she lives.  That wasn't a trail when I attended UF- it was still used by the railroads.  I imagine there was a hill somewhere around the bridge.  I'm sure you remember that.

TCD

The first half of the Marathon had a lot of hills; I don't specifically remember a railroad bridge, but it might have been the one we went under (and there was a big hill there); going into the Swamp wasn't a picnic, either; when we split from the 1/2 Marathon, the course leveled out (mostly).

I am SO hyper right now! :jumpforjoy  Just got word that the VA has approved my racing chair! Next week I go to get fitted for it at the factory that will actually build it - so it will be an exact fit.  They will also determine the 'best fit' model - either the Force G Froce%20G%20Glamour400.jpg or the Force RX FRCRXA.400.jpg

Isn't that Force RX one sexy handcycle?

The factory is near Tampa, so OldeKoot and I are going down the day before and visiting Busch Gardens!

Both of those are very cool looking!

How long does it take after the fitting before they have it ready for you?

TCD

The choice isn't looks - it's going to be the one that is the best fit for me based on physical limitations. Both have pluses and minuses. The company has a handcycle racer that does the fitting, and he should be able to put me in the best one for me. Personally, either will work - but I'm leaning toward the RX as the best fit.

The long a wait after the fitting is back in the VA court. I've gotten past the pole vault of getting approved - now it is going to be the low hurdles getting it past the ones that have to actually cut a check.

Once the company is notified to go ahead ... a few days to weld it up, powdercoat it - going for Grape Madness 1000x1000.jpg - and mount all the hardware. I figure it will be a month or more for me to actually have it in hand.