So the safety device that was implemented as a result of the accident, is not able to be used on the buses which operate where the accident occurred.

No wonder I haven't seen them, I've been checking the FT, busses. I do know that there have been several similar accidents in Cincinnati with the public transit buses so I think it would be a good idea where ever they can be used.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are planning where to set off the sink hole that will swallow the Fort.   This will save them on demolition costs and speed up the River Country DVC project.   It will get rid of those undesireab

Construction is supposed to start in about 1 to 2 weeks at the "old" 3 way..They are going to add a walkway to the right (as you face the Settlement) that will merge about 20 to 30 feet past the stop

They are just about ready to pour that walkway. Also seeing lots of surveyors, construction stakes around the 700 and 800 loops.

Construction is supposed to start in about 1 to 2 weeks at the "old" 3 way..They are going to add a walkway to the right (as you face the Settlement) that will merge about 20 to 30 feet past the stop sign with the cart path.(the wood wall and mound get leveled out)This will eliminate the pedestrian/GC congestion right at the road. According to the contractor there are other small walkway projects that are to be done involving similar types of improvements. This one is the only one currently under contract.

Rumor is that a seperate sidewalk may eventually run parallel to the cart path. Supposedly the various changes/improvements are part of the final resolution with the family of the boy that got killed by the bus several years ago.

Dave-

Great job on getting the scoop on this!  Of course, it helps that the intersection is right behind your campsite.

The only question I have is what took them so long?  That intersection has been an issue the entire time I've camped at the Fort, and became worse when they closed off the 100 loop outlet. 

I wonder how they're going to handle the construction?  At some point, I guess they'll need to close off the path so they can remove the wood and mound.  Where will carts go when that work is being done?

TCD

Dave-

Great job on getting the scoop on this! Of course, it helps that the intersection is right behind your campsite.

I wonder how they're going to handle the construction? At some point, I guess they'll need to close off the path so they can remove the wood and mound. Where will carts go when that work is being done?

TCD

Thanks and I'm not afraid to ask questions.. As to handling the traffic. Having spent most of my career doing just this sort of thing, removing the mound should happen fairly fast and all that would be needed would be a "flagger" just like a road project.

Personally I would leave the wall as a safety barricade, I'll work on a photo journal as they progress.

Edited by Grumpy and Grandma
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like we may be pouring concrete tomorrow. It also looks like this is going to be done in stages. ne8u9e2y.jpgzunyzeqe.jpguqa5esu9.jpgBoth the contractor and one of the Imagineers said the walk would merge further down the path, but as of right now all they are doing is shifting the walkway towards 100/400.

At this point, but if they would move the sign you could get a cart in and out simultaneously.

I hope that they at least do that.   It would be pretty dumb on their part to not widen it at least so carts could travel in both directions at the path entrance.  But, it's been that way the entire time I've been visiting the Fort, so I am not holding my breath.  I know firsthand there's no shortage of dumb there.

TCD

We have concrete.tetudeqy.jpgepudevun.jpgAnd this project is being done in phases. They do plan on extending the walk down further, parallel to the path, but they don't know how they want it designed. WTF. :( It's not rocket science folks and you thought Government was bad...