• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are planning where to set off the sink hole that will swallow the Fort.   This will save them on demolition costs and speed up the River Country DVC project.   It will get rid of those undesireab

Construction is supposed to start in about 1 to 2 weeks at the "old" 3 way..They are going to add a walkway to the right (as you face the Settlement) that will merge about 20 to 30 feet past the stop

They are just about ready to pour that walkway. Also seeing lots of surveyors, construction stakes around the 700 and 800 loops.

I'm surprised they didn't install a barrier like a wooden guardrail between the road and sidewalk.  Or maybe I'm missing something....

Not really, but another set of posts would probably make the sidewalk more dangerous. It would be similar to the bridge and that is awfully tight when two people try to pass. The walkway as designed meets most DOT specs.

• 7 months later...

As we discussed earlier, they are planning a seperate walkway adjacent to the cart path. I had a discussion with one of the engineers who was looking the area overe and he said it's just a matter of getting it into the budget. He is also planning on adding the same type of lights that are now in use on the walks at the BYBBQ. He hopes to use low walkway lights along the new sidewalk.

As we discussed earlier, they are planning a seperate walkway adjacent to the cart path. I had a discussion with one of the engineers who was looking the area overe and he said it's just a matter of getting it into the budget. He is also planning on adding the same type of lights that are now in use on the walks at the BYBBQ. He hopes to use low walkway lights along the new sidewalk.

The crew working on this must be the same crew that built New Fantasyland.  Ten months after this thread started about a new walkway, and they're still trying to figure out the details?  For what is basically a sidewalk? 

TCD

• 3 months later...