• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mo left off the best part ...   "Upon the completion of your shift, you will receive a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort 1 Day (1 Theme Park) ticket that entitles you to one (1) day of admission to your choic

Oh there will be PLENTY of craft beers to try also!  :)

$50 for me, but no drinks, and we're outta there in a few hours.

Trying to get our plans for the week set, this will be our first trip during F&W.  With the dogs being left behind at the Fort, we're not planning on being away from them much more than 6-7 hours at a stretch. 

I was thinking of hitting Epcot on Wednesday (Nov 5) late afternoon to sample our way (and drink!) around the world, taking advantage of the EMH that evening.

Good idea, or not so hot?  Are we going to be in too much a crowd by 4-5 pm or will that be offset by being a weekday?  Figured we also could be sampling during Illuminations too.

Thanks!

I was thinking of hitting Epcot on Wednesday (Nov 5) late afternoon to sample our way (and drink!) around the world, taking advantage of the EMH that evening.

You'll be fine, but even though there is an EMH, the F&WF is from 9am to 9pm.

From the Mouse:

"Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Presented by Chase 9:00AM-9:00PM"

You'll be fine, but even though there is an EMH, the F&WF is from 9am to 9pm.

From the Mouse:

"Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Presented by Chase 9:00AM-9:00PM"

In the past, they have kept the Food and Wine Festival booths open during EMH's.

What you quoted are the regular hours- is there something official that says the booths will not be open for EMH's?

TCD

A screen capture of Nov 5th from the internal calendar on The HUB. How would you interpret it?

(Edited, larger screen capture)

FW1_zpsb8d09c0c.jpg

Just looking at what you posted, I would interpret it the same way that you are.

But, they've always had the food booths open during evening EMH's, and I see no reason for them to change that.  That's a lot of revenue they would lose.

Perhaps the person who posts stuff on the Hub made a boo boo?

TCD

Perhaps the person who posts stuff on the Hub made a boo boo?

I don't think that it's a HUB specific calendar.

Could it be that because they've added the "Late Nights live street party" which runs until 1am and the "Wind Down" which also runs past closing, that they figure they've got enough late night offerings..........for a price of course.

Could it be that because they've added the "Late Nights live street party" which runs until 1am and the "Wind Down" which also runs past closing, that they figure they've got enough late night offerings..........for a price of course.

The street party is only 2 days a week though. I know one night is Thursday. 

The street party is only 2 days a week though. I know one night is Thursday. 

It's held on Tues and Thurs. with the "Wind Down" taking place at four locations every night.

Is it worth keeping the food booths open for 2 additional hours and is it a question of diminishing returns?

Also, there's no point in having a "Wind Down" if the park remains open.

Last year we started tear down and clean up as soon as the lights went down for "Illuminations".  'Course I didn't work every night...

When we were there in Oct/Nov last year and stayed for PM EMH the F&W booths did not stay open. By the time Illuminations ended, they were shut up tight. 

I don't recall what nights they were though, so I'm not sure if this was the case every night.

Actually they had CMs there all night on Marathon Saturday.  I forgot about that, I didn't work it so I'm not sure what went on. 

That makes sense because it's the "Wine and Dine Half Marathon" and is based around the F&W Festival.

The discussion started after TCD questioned the closing time of the F&W kiosks on a EMH night. The HUB calendar shows them closing at 9pm.

I think you're right.

Keeping the food booths open late on an EMH could possibly hurt sales for the "exclusive" events they are adding. 

They must be counting on the fees they take in for the special events making up for any small additional profit they might make by keeping the booths open for EMH.  Those special events take less staff, and they also have better control over the food costs, because they know how much they need to prepare in advance.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

Updates coming to the France booth for this year's Food & Wine Festival, per Disney Food Blog...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/09/06/first-look-france-kiosk-updates-escargot-and-more-at-the-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

Excerpts...

The Tartelette aux Escargots is shaking up the tried and true France menu. For years, guests could expect and anticipate their snails tucked inside little buttery-garlicky rolls, like this:

france-booth-escargot-2-500x333.jpg

Escargots Persillade en Brioche in France

But this year, a Tartlette featuring spinach, garlic, bacon and parmesan will serve as the escargot dish on the menu! Taste testers have raved, so we’re excited to get our hands on one soon.

Tartelette-aux-escargots-600x400.jpg

Tartelette aux escargots

nother new addition, the Gratin de crozet de savoie, sounds like the best Mac and Cheese evar. A wheat pasta is doused in Gruyere and studded with mushrooms. All baked up bubbly.

Gratin-de-crozet-de-savoie-600x400.jpg

Gratin de crozet de savoie

Here’s a fun twist: the milk chocolate creme brulee of past years has been traded up for a salted caramel version! Get ready for the Crème brûlée caramel fleur de sel.

Cr%C3%A8me-br%C3%BBl%C3%A9e-caramel-fleu

Crème brûlée caramel fleur de sel

And France’s decision makers have brought back the famous Boeuf bourguignon, which was a hit at last year’s festival.

Boeuf-bourguignon-600x400.jpg

Boeuf bourguignon

I'm going to need a full report on the escargot.  8)

I wasn't sure if we'd covered this yet, but the Disney Food Blog has a page dedicated to Gluten Free Items at the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. The list is by country and includes some photos...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-gluten-free-items/

2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Gluten Free Items

Africa

• South African bobotie with turkey and mushrooms

Australia

• Garlic shrimp with roasted tomatoes, lemon myrtle and rapini
  • Grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies
Grilled-Lamb-Chop-with-Mint-Pesto-and-Po

Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies — Australia Booth

Brazil

• Mocequa de pescado: Regal Springs premium tilapia with coconut lime sauce and steamed rice
  • Crispy pork belly with black beans, tomato and cilantro
Crispy-Pork-Belly-with-Black-Beans-Onion

Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans at Brazil

Canada

• Seared rainbow trout with bacon, frisee and maple Minus 8 Vinaigrette 
  • “Le Cellier” wild mushroom beef filet mignon with truffle butter sauce

Farm Fresh

• Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon hash with sweet corn, potatoes, hollandaise and pickled jalapeños
  • Griddled “yard bird” with braised greens
007-farm-fresh-booth-pepper-bacon-hash-w

Pepper Bacon Hash with Sweet Corn, Potatoes, Hollandaise, and Pickled Jalapenos

Greece

• Griddled Greek cheese with pistachios and honey
griddled-Greek-cheese-600x283.jpg

Griddled Greek Cheese

Ireland

• Warm chocolate pudding with Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur Custard

Mexico

• Rib eye taco: Marinated rib eye, roasted chipotle salsa and grilled scallions on a corn tortilla

New Zealand

• Venison sausage with pickled mushrooms, baby arugula and black currant reduction
Venison-Sausage-with-Pickled-Mushrooms-B

Venison Sausage with Pickled Mushrooms, Baby Arugula and Black Currant Reduction

Patagonia

• Grilled beef skewer with chimichurri sauce and boniato purée
  • Roasted Verlasso salmon with quinoa salad and arugula chimichurri
argentina-grilled-beef-skewer-with-bonia

Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée

Puerto Rico

• Ensalada de carrucho: Caribbean conch salad with onion, tomato and cilantro
  • Carne guisada con arroz blanco: Slow-braised beef with Puerto Rican-grown rice

Scotland

• Fresh potato pancake with smoked Scottish salmon and herb sour cream
  • Seared sea scallop with spinach-cheddar gratin and crispy bacon
004-scotland-sea-scallop-with-spinach-ch

Sea Scallop with Spinach Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon

Singapore

• Lemongrass chicken curry with coconut and jasmine rice

While guests with other special diets will still need to ask to see the ingredient book available at each kiosk, folks adhering to a gluten free diet will find this information invaluable. It’s such a time-saver too!

NOTE: Because of the outdoor preparation of many of these items, we cannot guarantee that cross-contamination will not occur. Please double check with a Disney cast member or Chef to ensure that the item is gluten free before you purchase.

I've had the lamb chop, pork belly and beef skewer, and all are delicious.  I still maintain that you could put the chimichurri sauce that comes on the beef on small rocks and they'd be fantastic.  8)