• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mo left off the best part ...   "Upon the completion of your shift, you will receive a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort 1 Day (1 Theme Park) ticket that entitles you to one (1) day of admission to your choic

Oh there will be PLENTY of craft beers to try also!  :)

$50 for me, but no drinks, and we're outta there in a few hours.

The Disney Food Blog has posted a first look at the list of performers for the Eat to the Beat Concert series...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/2014-eat-to-the-beat-concert-lineup-announced-for-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

This was posted on the Disney Parks Blog- not the Disney Food Blog- and they made a bit of a boo-boo.

They originally had the photo that Mo is showing- which is of the Go Go's.

The only problem is the Go Go's aren't performing this year.

They have since swapped out the photo.

Whoops.

TCD

I got an email today re: the 2014 Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic...

Eat, Drink & Be Merry at the 5th Annual Walt Disney World Swan And Dolphin Food & Wine Classic.

Enjoy award-winning cuisine!

Event dates are October 31st and November 1st. Introducing the All-New Terrace Beer Garden!

Eat

Indulge in a culinary festival featuring tastings sure to please every palate. Meet our all-star line-up of award-winning chefs including Laurent Branlard, the only two-time winner of the World Pastry Team Championship.

Drink

Sample fine wine, beer & spirits from around the world. NEW to The Food & Wine Classic, this year we bring you our All-New Terrace Beer Garden!

Be Merry

Why not make it a "date weekend"? Our all-inclusive "Stay & Play" package includes overnight accommodations & tickets to the causeway event. Why
not enjoy yourself and take advantage of everything we have to offer?

Learn

Expand your knowledge. Our certified sommeliers will be offering educational seminars from beer to bubbly. Find a new favorite or learn a great
new cocktail recipe for your next celebration!

More information, menus and ticket purchase here...

http://www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/

More info on the 2014 Food and Wine Classic taking place at the WDW Swan & Dolphin from the Disney Food Blog...

We are so excited to share with you some big news today!

2014-Swan-and-Dolphin-Food-and-Wine-Clas

The Swan and Dolphin Resort at Walt Disney World has announced that it will hold its Fifth Annual Food and Wine Classic this Fall!

Coinciding with the 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, the two day event returns with some fan favorites and some brand new experiences!

2014 Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic Details

Save the dates for Friday, October 31, and Saturday, November 1, 2014. Most of the Seminars will get underway at 4:30 p.m. and the Causeway Booths will be open from 5:30 until 9:00 p.m.

The two-day event will offer opportunities to learn while you play, with informative seminars covering facets of food and wine. Seminars are conducted by experts in each field and last about an hour — giving you plenty of time to join in on the Causeway fun afterwards!

Once the seminars conclude, the booths open and the tasting begins! Wines from all over the world and dishes in appetizer portions are available to sample from each of Swan and Dolphin’s nine restaurants. For the last few years, Celebrity Chef Todd English has also been on hand to interact with guests!

And don’t forget the music! As night falls, you’re treated to live music as you dine under the stars.

Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic Seminars

For 2014, guests can choose from ten different seminars. Choose from categories of Beer and Wine, Spirits and Mixology, or Pairing Experiences. The seminars take place on both days of the event. Beverage seminars all begin at 4:30 and last for approximately one hour; Pairing Experiences begin slightly earlier. Prices for the seminars vary.

You can check out all of the details about the 2014 Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic Seminars — including specific start times and prices — here!

The popular Pasta-making Seminar, which debuted last year, returns to the Classic this Fall.

And guests can also choose from two other brand new seminars! Check out all the details about The Fine Art of Sushi and Sake and The Cheese Course!

Causeway Tasting Booths

Once again, the big ticket will be the Causeway Tasting Booths, which line the promenade between the Swan and Dolphin Resorts. Eat and drink your way up one side and down the other! And new this year, the Classic will introduce a Beer Garden for the very first time on Crescent Terrace!

Be sure to click over to our 2014 Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic Menus, Wine Tastings and More page to see full details! Please note: there is a an additional charge for the Beer Garden, but tickets for the experience can only be purchased in combination with other ticket options.

Book Your Tickets Now!

Book your stay, causeway tickets, and seminar tickets now before your favorites sell out! Contact the Swan and Dolphin at 888-828-8850! icon_smile.gif

One Night Room and Event

Includes 1-night room accommodations for 2 adults and 2 causeway event passes at check in to enjoy unlimited food and wine tastings and entertainment offered on the causeway. Seminar tickets and Beer Garden tickets may be added for an additional fee.

For reservations, call 888-828-8850 and ask for the food and wine package associated with Disney Food Blog.

Two Night Room and Event

Includes 2-night room accommodations for 2 adults and 2 causeway event passes for each night at check in to enjoy unlimited food and wine tastings and entertainment offered on the causeway. Seminar tickets and Beer Garden tickets may be added for an additional fee.

For reservations, call 888-828-8850 and ask for the food and wine package associated with Disney Food Blog.

Full article with photos...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/05/12/news-menus-and-details-for-the-2014-fifth-annual-disney-world-swan-and-dolphin-food-and-wine-classic/

Inside the Magic has posted information on some new things being added to the 2014 Epcot Food & Wine Festival...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/headlines/new-patagonia-marketplace-to-join-longest-ever-epcot-food-wine-festival-2014-at-walt-disney-world/

Excerpts...

The biggest change will be the addition of the new Patagonia Marketplace, combining cuisines of Argentina and Chile, including sustainable roasted Verlasso salmon, quinoa salad and arugula chimichurri.

There will also be new Farm Fresh Marketplace offerings and new menu items at multiple marketplaces around the World Showcase. The new Farm Fresh Marketplace replaces Florida Local Marketplace, with local flavors including a new “Bacon and Eggs” dish with applewood-smoked, pepper-coated bacon, sweet corn, potatoes, Hollandaise and pickled jalapeños. The Brazil Marketplace adds Mocequa de Pescado, a fresh tilapia dish featuring coconut lime sauce and steamed rice.

Also new for 2014 will be a dinner showcasing Walt Disney’s own culinary preferences, a “Boot Camp Series,” and a Friday morning celebrity chef cookbook event called “Food for Thought.”

• 2 weeks later...

More updates from the Disney Food Blog...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/05/28/more-2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-details-and-menus/

Returning Festival Fun

...Parisian breakfasts return on Saturday mornings. See our 2013 review here!

Cheese-Display-Parisian-Breakfast-459x62

Cheese Display at 2013 Parisian Breakfast

New Festival Fun

What’s new? “Back to Basics” will be offered as a new Festival Center series. (We’re guessing this will be a LOT like the Authentic Taste Seminars from previous years.) And on Friday mornings, “Food for Thought” will be a new cookbook event by celebrity chefs.

“Sunday Mornings With …” is a new plated brunch. This will be similar to Sweet Sundays from past festivals, but the plated brunch means no more buffet! Three desserts will be created by an expert pastry chef or baker.

The new Patagonia Marketplace merges Argentina and Chile flavors offering menu items like sustainable roasted Verlasso salmon with quinoa salad drizzled with a kicky arugula chimichurri. Pair your dish with a great Chilean wine: Cono Sur Bicicleta Viognier or Cono Sur Bicicleta Pinot Noir Rosé.

Farm Fresh Market replaces the Florida Local Marketplace with a breakfast for dinner dish or “brinner”: Bacon and Eggs (applewood-smoked, pepper-coated bacon, sweet corn, potatoes, Hollandaise, and pickled jalapeños). Or dig into the griddled “yard bird” (chicken) with braised greens. Quench your thirst with Orlando Brewing Company’s I-4IPA or a trendy Ba Ba Black Lager from Salt Lake City’s Uinta Brewing Company.

The returning Brazil Marketplace will once again offer crispy pork belly with black beans, onions, avocado and cilantro. New items will include: mocequa de pescado (tilapia with coconut lime sauce and steamed rice), pao de queijo (Brazilian cheese bread), and cocadas (Brazilian coconut candy).

Crispy-Pork-Belly-with-Black-Beans-Onion

Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Onions, Avocado and Cilantro

The Poland Marketplace has a new version of the popular pierogi dish that’s been around forever — sauerkraut pierogi and pork goulash.

What’s Free?

With your Epcot admission, the following Festival goodies are free: Back to Basics series, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Marketplace Discovery Passport, and all attractions and park entertainment. Plus, Festival hours extend to 10PM each weekend.

Totally taboo question: however would anyone like to tell me what they have spent buying food/drinks during a day at Epcot for Food & Wine Festival? Or better yet, what a "friend" has spent?  ;)

We plan to spend 1.5 days in Epcot during this time. Since it's our first time (& we'll have two kids with us), we just plan to hit all the "included with ticket" stuff...which pretty much means all the booths in the countries. We are not picky eaters and enjoy most adult beverages, so I'm trying to consider my budget. Any help with a realistic amount to spend is helpful. Thanks!

Totally taboo question: however would anyone like to tell me what they have spent buying food/drinks during a day at Epcot for Food & Wine Festival? Or better yet, what a "friend" has spent?  ;)

We plan to spend 1.5 days in Epcot during this time. Since it's our first time (& we'll have two kids with us), we just plan to hit all the "included with ticket" stuff...which pretty much means all the booths in the countries. We are not picky eaters and enjoy most adult beverages, so I'm trying to consider my budget. Any help with a realistic amount to spend is helpful. Thanks!

Last year a group of us sampled much of the festival. I may have spent around $80 on my portion. We were all sharing thing. 

Spread out over our 3 week stay, OldeKoot and I went through over $150 at EPCOT - but that included some meals at counter service stops, too.

For us it depends...

We are (as my mom would say) "healthy eaters" - LOL. If we go hungry and don't have another big meal that day, we can easily drop $100 at a whack for the 2 of us, including beverages.

Depending on the offerings, and if we're at least trying something at most booths, that usually gets us about 2/3 of the way around.

It can definitely add up in a hurry. 

It also depends on if you want to share a plate per booth, or try multiple things - and if you want adult beverages to go with. You're talking $6+ ish for a full beer (more like $12 if you want the commemorative cup) and $8ish for cocktails. Tasting cups of beer and wine are a little cheaper.

Since it's our first time (& we'll have two kids with us), we just plan to hit all the "included with ticket" stuff...which pretty much means all the booths in the countries. We are not picky eaters and enjoy most adult beverages, so I'm trying to consider my budget. Any help with a realistic amount to spend is helpful. Thanks!

You do realize, don't you, that the booths only sell food?  They have no other activities.  About the only thing you will experience with "included with ticket" is the Festival Center, and that's barely worth a walk-through.  

On our last trip to F&WF (just two of us) I put $100 on a prepaid card.  We went to EPCOT several times and used just over that amount (but we spent very little on alcohol).  I don't think in 1.5 days you would go to more than half the booths.

You do realize, don't you, that the booths only sell food? They have no other activities. About the only thing you will experience with "included with ticket" is the Festival Center, and that's barely worth a walk-through.

On our last trip to F&WF (just two of us) I put $100 on a prepaid card. We went to EPCOT several times and used just over that amount (but we spent very little on alcohol). I don't think in 1.5 days you would go to more than half the booths.

Oh yes, I'm aware. But we are two 6-foot-tall people with two hungry kids. I actually eat many small meals all day, so I think this set-up is better for me than a buffet of sorts. My husband and I plan to share, so we can try a lot. And even though we are mainly craft beer drinkers, we definitely want to try the different drinks offered at the booths.

We did F&W on three days with mom and a fourth day by ourselves. Mom didn't get much but my wife and I just really let loose and sampled everything we wanted to, including drinks. We averaged $200 a day, which is not too bad considering it replaced lunch and some dinners.

edited to add: I should mention that there were quite a few glasses of champagne, prosecco, grand marnier slushies and other expensive drinks as well as Scotch, Tequilla and beer flights as part of that $800 tab. YMMV! Also, FWIW, we did Victoria & Albert's that trip, complete with wine pairings, and if I had to choose between doing it again or three more days of abandon at F&W, I'd choose the latter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did F&W on three days with mom and a fourth day by ourselves. Mom didn't get much but my wife and I just really let loose and sampled everything we wanted to, including drinks. We averaged $200 a day, which is not too bad considering it replaced lunch and some dinners. edited to add: I should mention that there were quite a few glasses of champagne, prosecco, grand marnier slushies and other expensive drinks as well as Scotch, Tequilla and beer flights as part of that $800 tab. YMMV! Also, FWIW, we did Victoria & Albert's that trip, complete with wine pairings, and if I had to choose between doing it again or three more days of abandon at F&W, I'd choose the latter. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fantastic info! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Food Blog...

New La Passion Martini Slush Coming to the Food and Wine Festival Marketplace!

And today, we’ve got the skinny on a new slush being introduced at the France Food and Wine Festival booth this year.

The “La Passion Martini Slush” replaces the Cosmo Slush this year. Ingredients for this newly perfected cocktail include Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry & Passion Fruit Juice!

passionfruit-slush.jpg

La Passion Martini Slush

This cocktail will — at least for the 53 days of the Festival — find its place in France among the granddaddies of them all: the Grand Marnier Orange Slush and Grey Groose Citron Slush, available all year long at Les Vins de Chefs de France.

Grown-Up-Slushes-in-Epcots-France-417x62

Grand Marnier and Grey Goose Slushes in Epcot’s France Pavilion.

Oh, and be sure you stop by the Les Vins de Chefs de France any time of year to check out the “Featured” menu. You may encounter even more adult slush greatness, like the La Vie en Rose Slush – a carryover from the Flower and Garden Festival!

la-vie-en-rose-slush-sign-600x474.jpg

Featured Slush Sign

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/06/16/news-la-passion-martini-slush-debuts-at-the-2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

More updates from the Disney Food Blog...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/06/18/more-2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-menu-items-puerto-rico-is-back/

Some excerpts...

This year’s Food and Wine Festival will start on September 19th and run for an epic 53 days!! The newest booth to be introduced will be Patagonia, featuring dishes from Argentina and Chile.

Also returning this year will be the Africa Booth, Scotland Booth, Puerto Rico Booth (YAY!! This one’s back after a hiatus), Terra Booth, Hawai’i Booth, Hops and Barley Booth, Bean to Bar experience, and more!

Patagonia Booth — 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

This mish-mosh of a booth will treat guests to a variety of South American goodies! Be sure to head here to try Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri, paired with Cono Sur Bicicleta Viognier.

Puerto Rico Booth — 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

We’re SO excited to see the Puerto Rico booth back in action after a hiatus last year. This was one booth that was sorely missed, and I can’t wait to see what the full menu looks like.

In the meantime, here are a few menu items we know will be available:
“Papa Rellena” — Crispy Fried Potato Balls stuffed with Pork and Beef (YUM!)
“Carne Guisada con Arroz Blanco” — Slow Braised Beef with Puerto Rican Grown Rice
Medalla Light

Africa Booth — 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

The Africa Booth returns yet again in 2014!

This year, guests will be able to enjoy South African Bobotie with Turkey and Mushrooms!

Bobotie-with-Blatjang.jpg

Bobotie

Scotland Booth — 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Scotland is back for its second year in a row!

I can’t wait to try the new Sea Scallop with Spinach Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon!

Farm Fresh Booth — 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

The Farm Fresh Booth replaces the Florida booth from last year!

Stop by to try these yummy new dishes:
Griddled “Yard Bird” with Braised Greens and House Made Habanero Sauce
“Bacon and Eggs” featuring applewood-smoked, pepper-coated bacon, sweet corn, potatoes, Hollandaise, and pickled jalapeños
Chateau St. Michelle & Dr. Loosen Eroica® Riesling

Hawai’i Booth — 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Grab your boogie board, Hawai’i returns again this year!

Don’t forget to stop by and try the Aulani Sunset featuring Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum! (Yep, this one’s different from the Aulani Sunrise last year!)

Terra Booth — 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

The festival’s only all-vegan booth returns this year featuring a few new items!

These include:
Blackened Chick’n Breast, Farr, Spicy Gumbo Sauce featuring Gardein Chick’n Breast
Paperboy Red

Refreshment Port — 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Another “not really a booth, but they count it anyway” stop is Refreshment Port. This place is open year round, and it looks like the guest-favorite Cronut (Croissant Doughnut) is going to be on the Food and Wine Menu!

cronut-a-la-mode-other-side-564x625.jpg

cronut a la mode

Bean to Bar — 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Looks like the chocolate display will be returning to the Festival this year! We love this delicious Drinking Chocolate!

drinking-chocolate-600x585.jpg

Ghirardelli Drinking Chocolate from Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Block & Hans — 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Another year-round spot featuring specialty items for the Festival, Block & Hans is usually a craft beer joint. Looks like they’re expanding their horizons!
The Great American Wine Company, Chardonnay
Domaine Chandon, Brut Sparkling Blanc de Noir