Just noticed on the Good Sam's web site that the rating for Fort Wilderness is now 9.5/10/10. Still a great rating but for the first time I remember they no longer are on the 10/10/10 list.

www.goodsamclub.com/travel/campgroundsandrvparks/generalinfo.aspx?cgid=810000368

I know nothing about Good Sam ratings, but I think it's interesting/amusing/a little sad that not having WiFi in a campground could lower the rating. Who would have thunk that about 10 years ago!

While I agree in a lot of ways, it is everywhere now and RV'ers have come to expect it.  Good Sam seems to be geared more toward the big RV'er that is rolling with the whole house down the road.

It could have also come about since there is no grey water dump stations in the 1500/2000 loops. Disney is the only campground that I have ever been in that doesn't provide it. There are many campgrounds that don't provide wi-fi.

Being the cynic that I am, my first guess is that Disney didn't send their Good Sam "membership check" out fast enough this year.....   ;)

I agree, there is a campground not far from my house that is an 8 on their scale.  I've been there, not so much.  There are quite a few we have come across that are rated high and should be at the most a 4.

Their rankings are flawed.  Here is a park near me that is a 10 10 10.  http://www.goodsamclub.com/travel/campgroundsandrvparks/tour.aspx?ret=details&tourid=X&campgroundid=250000510&campgroundname=Rayford+Crossing+RV+Resort

It is nothing more than a large parking lot with hookups.

Completely agree!  I stopped using their ratings in doing research of new places for us to try.  Found they are way off.  Personally, I have found RVparkreviews dot com to be much more helpful and accurate, except for the occasional miserable individual who isn't even happy at the Fort leaving negative reviews.