Two New Construction Notices

Faden Builders of Mount Dora, Florida, recently recorded two new Notices of Commencement indicating that construction of some type is about to begin on Pioneer Hall and the BBQ Pavilion.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20140067200.pdf?parent=DOC1425S1077

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20140038457.pdf?parent=DOC1419S352

These just indicate that there will be "general construction."

Are there any Fiends on the scene who can report on this?

This is the same company currently working on the new Bat House and dam.

TCD

I'll keep an "eye" out.

We had hoped to go to the BYBBQ before we left and were told the first one will not be until 3/20 as they had some upgrades planned so that may be it. They usually started around the Mar 7th. That word came from the new HDDR and BYBBQ Manager.

That permit also says "Improvement to real property" and not new construction.

I'll keep an "eye" out.

We had hoped to go to the BYBBQ before we left and were told the first one will not be until 3/20 as they had some upgrades planned so that may be it. They usually started around the Mar 7th. That word came from the new HDDR and BYBBQ Manager.

Aha!

It could just be replacing siding or something like that.  But it's interesting that it's down until 3/20. I didn't realize they closed down in the winter.  Is there a normal time that they close up in the winter?

I imagine this new manager would also know what's up with the Pioneer Hall NOC- that one just got recorded on 2/6/14.

TCD

Aha!

It could just be replacing siding or something like that.  But it's interesting that it's down until 3/20. I didn't realize they closed down in the winter.  Is there a normal time that they close up in the winter?

I imagine this new manager would also know what's up with the Pioneer Hall NOC- that one just got recorded on 2/6/14.

TCD

The 20th is also tentative, here's his exact quote.

This year, our first BBQ is tentatively scheduled for Thursday March 20th. We are currently upgrading our facility in order to provide a better food service experience to our Guests.

They never have to clean up baked beans when our Shawnee is there.  That boy can put away some beans.  One his favorite foods.  When we tell him we are going to Disney World he will ask "We go to backyard barbecue?"   We say yes and ask him what he wants to do there.

His reply is always "eat baked beans".  Now he is also adding "corn bread".

:wine:  :wheelchair:

They are scraping the dried BBQ sauce off of the buffet tables.

Never necessary when I am at the Fort. I use a plastic putty knife and save it in an old paint bucket. Add a little water to reconstitute it and use it on the chicken at the Outback! Free sauce and nobody is the wiser!

• 3 weeks later...

Activity has finally started at MBYBBQ. They are replacing most of the light polesedy5u8yg.jpgnote new poles next to the old ones. And contractors appear to be re working the buffet line area.yrypehym.jpgI just can't see these improvements if they are moving it. JMHO.

I just can't see these improvements if they are moving it. JMHO.

I agree with you- they put a new roof on the barn last year.  And now this.  These buildings are shown on the destruction list on the leaked DVC plans. 

At least I would think it means the DVC is not coming any time soon.

Interesting that they apparently just finished the work at the dam.  Now they jump over here.  I guess whatever work is to be done on Pioneer Hall will come next.

Thanks for posting the photos-you've done a great job keeping us up to speed on the happenings at the Fort.

TCD

I agree with you- they put a new roof on the barn last year.  And now this.  These buildings are shown on the destruction list on the leaked DVC plans. 

...Thanks for posting the photos-you've done a great job keeping us up to speed on the happenings at the Fort.

:bravo:   X2

Interesting that they apparently just finished the work at the dam.  Now they jump over here.  I guess whatever work is to be done on Pioneer Hall will come next.

Thanks for posting the photos-you've done a great job keeping us up to speed on the happenings at the Fort.

TCD

I agree. I think all this stuff was put off due to the DVC coming and now that it's not they are fixing things up. Atleast that's my theory.