In that space now is........

100_4313.jpg

with flip up lids on both sides. We put away the top cushion long ago, but even so, there is vertical space wasted, and the top of the bench is unusable, because you have to be able to flip up the lid(s).

In that space now is........

100_4313.jpg

with flip up lids on both sides. We put away the top cushion long ago, but even so, there is vertical space wasted, and the top of the bench is unusable, because you have to be able to flip up the lid(s).

I totally agree. The extra storage would be a lot better use of space. Post some progress pix and the completed project when it's done. I'd love to see them.

Sure.

Go ahead.

Make fun now.

But, if those wheels weren't there- bad things could happen.  That's a porta-potty on that shelf.

If you look at the photo, you'll see a shadow underneath the Potty. I assumed that it was a support of some sort, because no one in their right mind, not even you, would build that with only the slides shown for support.

Although you can buy extra heavy duty slides that will support the cantilevered load, and as long as the support structure that they're attached to is beefy enough, it's ok.

I find it amusing that the 3 of you are carrying on a conversation regarding how much support is needed to keep someone sitting on the potty from falling onto the floor.  

Only on Fort Fiends.  

True.  Though I must admit it isn't nearly as entertaining as the story of a fiend member crashing to the floor while in the midst of, um, voiding would be.