4,000th post mini TR

Well I'm finally in the 4000 post club. Being that this is such a big, big accomplishment I wanted to do something I've never done before...write a Trip Report...sort of.

WARNING!!! If your looking for a TR that has witty commentary or sarcastic wit stop reading this report now. Also, there's no great pictures from the Fort or Disneyworld. This is going to be a sweet story of a man and his daughter with lots of cute pictures. And it really isn't a TR as we only drove about 25 miles from our house.

As some of you may know I'm taking my DD(9) to the annual Daddy/Daughter Dance. Well this is the fourth annual dance and our fourth time to attend. And since its my 4th 1000th post I feel it was meant to be.

So here's where we are heading to.

image_zpsf6001b63.jpg

But let's start from the beginning. It was going to a full day. So we had to start with a good breakfast. Nothing says love like a heart and Mickey shaped pancake, or as we like to call them man cakes. As they are to big for a little kid.

bdee72ca-c4fb-472e-84e6-62e29325b95b_zps

After breakfast. I had to run to the florist shop to pick up a little something for my best girl.

image_zpsff27be4b.jpg

She loves white roses almost as much as pink ones.

But every little princess needs some flowers for her hair. So DW suggested I pick up some of these mini roses and baby's breath. "Mother knows best!"

image_zps43e83e53.jpg

I got back home took a shower and got dress as my DW helped DD get dressed and she looked great! She's as beautiful as her momma.

image_zps4b9c11af.jpg

Notice there's no little roses in her hair only baby's breath. She want to carry the roses and she wanted me to have one for my lapel, but she decided it looked better in my handkerchief pocket.

image_zpsf4e85ff9.jpg

Well it's time to head on down the road but daddy always needs his sugars before we leave the house.

image_zps5772e4ef.jpg

Ok that's enough for now, actually I need to download some more pictures to photobucket and then I'll be back.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Ray, your pictures made me cry!  Your daughter is so beautiful, and those pictures are so sweet!  You are making unforgettable memories for her - and you.  I can't wait to read the rest of your report!

I didn't mean to make you cry. Sorry. I personally remember ever dance.

What a beautiful young lady and awesome TR.   Our school district runs a father - daughter dance each year for grades 1 through 5.  I miss those dances...

Thank you. Fortunately she gets her looks from her mother and not me.

This D & D dance is not limited to any age.

Ok we left off with kisses and heading out to the dance. DW drove us so she could take pictures and go shopping.

We had to pose for a picture before we went in.

image_zpsffa0ddf4.jpg

Then it was time to head inside to get our groove on.

image_zps906c4c79.jpg

If you remember the first picture you'll notice the dance is sponsored by Northpointe.tv. Yes that's a church and yes it's being held at a public school. I'm so glad I live in a state were we can still pray before football games etc. ok that's enough of that or ill be sent to the debate board.

The theme for this years dance was Alice in wonderland. And the volunteers were dressed in cute costumes that the kids loved. Sorry I still feel funny about taking pictures of strangers but ill work on that.

They always do a good job of decorating.

image_zps8061772d.jpg

Ok one more picture. I need to go for now. But we walk in to find a table. We arrived early so we had several tables to choose from. Some had heart center pieces. Others had flowers or butterflies. And my daughter picks the table with this center piece. We're does she get it from? Lol!

image_zps37317fa6.jpg

Ill be back with some more pictures in a little while. Thanks for reading along.