Filling in part of the moat around Cinderella's Castle... a sign of more things to come?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Plaza Garden East, but it is the private viewing location for Kanye West, the West family and assorted Kardashians.  

That's a fascinating video there, Jason.    I took the final view from that video and set it side by side with a satellite image from Google.  It's remarkable how much this is going to change that are

People suck.     I think TCD's last post just made a light bulb go off in my head.     It's not so much the Mouse that sucks....it's the DAMN GUESTS!     Sure, Disney's greed is a contributing factor,

Which structure are you referring to?

I am assuming the Gazebo type structure.

This building is multi purpose. On the top houses the sound boards and light controls for the castle stage. Anytime you see a show on the stage, look at the roof of that building, you will see the techs sitting up there.

The bottom, in addition to the water fountains, is the custodial area. Inside is where the hub custodial crew work out of. There are several of these bases all around the parks. There is a port where they can dispose of the trash into the vac system that then transports it to the central collection facility, a mile away. They also store supplies and equipment in there. There is no utilidor entrance in there though.

I'm talking about this building on the left here.  There's one like it over there on the right too:

hub_zps0874c360.jpg

I think it's a utilidor entrance, and it's probably also a place where CM's trade those secret blue paper passes they use to skip all the lines. ;)

Someone on the Disney blog actually made a comment asking if this would be completed for their trip next week. People are idiots.  

What are you saying here?

Is it going to take two weeks?

TCD

Looking at that picture if it ends up being accurate it looks like the rose garden is going to be gone. Any word on that Dave. Sil loves that area. 

Again, that picture is just a guess. Not sure on how the plans will really turn out. So no, no word on the rose garden. That is one of our highest grossing positions in DPI. It would be a shame to loose that.

If accurate it looks like the Rose Garden path may be gone as well as the old swan boat dock across from Cosmic Ray. Also it's hard to tell but I think all the little character statues in the hub around the Partners statue are gone as well. 

The word from the Mouse on the Rose Garden:

rosegarden_zps013e877f.jpg

This is similar to the mouse-speak that was used when guests asked about the fate of Main Street Cinnamon Rolls when the Starbucks was announced.

I believe the wording on the blog was along these lines- nothing to worry about, there will be a selection of your favorite treats.

So, with regard to the Rose Garden, kiss it goodbye.  But don't worry- there will still be a variety of plants for you to enjoy.

TCD

The word from the Mouse on the Rose Garden:

rosegarden_zps013e877f.jpg

This is similar to the mouse-speak that was used when guests asked about the fate of Main Street Cinnamon Rolls when the Starbucks was announced.

I believe the wording on the blog was along these lines- nothing to worry about, there will be a selection of your favorite treats.

So, with regard to the Rose Garden, kiss it goodbye.  But don't worry- there will still be a variety of plants for you to enjoy.

TCD

Thanks TCD. I will leave her oblivious till its confirmed in pictures or person. More peace and quiet for me that way. 

Thanks TCD. I will leave her oblivious till its confirmed in pictures or person. More peace and quiet for me that way. 

For what it's worth, I agree with Sil and others who are sad to see that path go.

We have watched the fireworks several times from a spot along that path, and like it very much.

If they wanted to, they could add all of these enhancements and leave the path.  But they apparently don't want to.

Guest opinions don't count for much these days.

TCD

As Lou pointed out, no utilidor entrance in that building. Although that is an old map. The area marked "photography" is our old base. We are now in the area marked character zoo.

Speaking of which, the zoo area is directly below the castle and there is an entrance there. It takes you right into the middle of the castle, just past the BBB.

As Lou pointed out, no utilidor entrance in that building. Although that is an old map. The area marked "photography" is our old base. We are now in the area marked character zoo.

Speaking of which, the zoo area is directly below the castle and there is an entrance there. It takes you right into the middle of the castle, just past the BBB.

Aha!

An unmarked entrance!

So, my theory is still possible.

Found a different one.

disney-world-magic-kingdom-tunnel-map_zp

That's better.

But #26 says Timekeeper.

Should say Laugh Floor.

TCD