Filling in part of the moat around Cinderella's Castle... a sign of more things to come?

Major cool factor points for those maps Captain Lou.

I worked for AT&T twenty something years ago. They sponsored the ride in the big golf ball. We actually had meetings for a week in conference room inside the big golf ball. One day was spent learning the "Disney" way. Not sure what it was called, but it included behind the scenes tours of every park. As a civilian, it was fascinating to walk through the utilidors and see the vacuum trash system. Seeing that map brings back some great memories.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Plaza Garden East, but it is the private viewing location for Kanye West, the West family and assorted Kardashians.  

That's a fascinating video there, Jason.    I took the final view from that video and set it side by side with a satellite image from Google.  It's remarkable how much this is going to change that are

People suck.     I think TCD's last post just made a light bulb go off in my head.     It's not so much the Mouse that sucks....it's the DAMN GUESTS!     Sure, Disney's greed is a contributing factor,

Major cool factor points for those maps Captain Lou.

I worked for AT&T twenty something years ago. They sponsored the ride in the big golf ball. We actually had meetings for a week in conference room inside the big golf ball. One day was spent learning the "Disney" way. Not sure what it was called, but it included behind the scenes tours of every park. As a civilian, it was fascinating to walk through the utilidors and see the vacuum trash system. Seeing that map brings back some great memories.

Sounds like a great experience.

The Disney way is now called "pain in the arse way" with the gotcha managerial style being the preferred method used by the idiot managers.

• 2 weeks later...

Orlando Attractions Magazine posted this to Facebook a few minutes ago...

The old swan boat landing at Magic Kingdom is now gone: It's part of the remodel of the hub area. More details here: http://attractionsmagazine.com/disney-begin-construction-enhancements-front-cinderella-castle/

1486857_10152254548749330_2036166784_n.j

https://www.facebook.com/attractionsmagazine

• 4 months later...

WDW Magic has posted updated photos of the redevelopment taking place in the Hub on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom...

Today we have an updated look at the construction work taking place on the redevelopment of the Magic Kingdom's hub area.

Work is still concentrated around the bridge area, with signs of foundation work now getting underway in the area around the former waterway.

If you are not familiar with the plans for the hub redevelopment, be sure to take a look at this post which provides animations of the completed area, which should be ready in 2015.

Main-Street-USA_Full_21523.jpg

Main-Street-USA_Full_21524.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was there ever a target date released for when this will be done? I have only seen 2015. So would that mean by the start if 2015 or just that they're confident they will get it done sometime in 2015 but still prior to the Mine Train running properly?

To be fair, the Mine Train has never run any differently than it does now.  So how do you know this isn't the way it was intended to run?  Or not run.  Whichever. 

With all this filling in of the moat, what has Disney done to ensure the security of the castle?