Filling in part of the moat around Cinderella's Castle... a sign of more things to come?

And what is the view of the castle coming down Main Street?

Well, there hasn't been a decent view of the castle or anything else on Main Street for the last several years. Every picture I have shows the buildings on Main Street covered by tarps and cranes behind the castle. Last good picture I have is from 1983.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Plaza Garden East, but it is the private viewing location for Kanye West, the West family and assorted Kardashians.  

That's a fascinating video there, Jason.    I took the final view from that video and set it side by side with a satellite image from Google.  It's remarkable how much this is going to change that are

People suck.     I think TCD's last post just made a light bulb go off in my head.     It's not so much the Mouse that sucks....it's the DAMN GUESTS!     Sure, Disney's greed is a contributing factor,

Well, there hasn't been a decent view of the castle or anything else on Main Street for the last several years. Every picture I have shows the buildings on Main Street covered by tarps and cranes behind the castle. Last good picture I have is from 1983.

Last good picture I have is from November 2013.  

033mainst.jpg

Just a note based on that last photo. If you get a good shot from that vantage point, move your camera 10" to the side and take another... the second shot will have the pixels you need to clone out the flagpole... assuming you don't want a flagpole slicing through your picture.

Just a note based on that last photo. If you get a good shot from that vantage point, move your camera 10" to the side and take another... the second shot will have the pixels you need to clone out the flagpole... assuming you don't want a flagpole slicing through your picture.

Great idea!  I think I have a pic that would work.  Thanks.

When in November are there no decorations on Main Street?  I thought they went straight from Halloween decorations to Christmas?

WBI

Must have been during those 5 days between the last Halloween party and the first Christmas party.  8)

I took that photo on November 3.  Don't remember when the Christmas decorations started going up, but they were all in place by November 11 (according to my pictures).

This time lapse video on a recent Disney Parks blog gives the impression that the transition from Fall to Christmas decorations happens overnight.

The wording in the quote below also gives the same impression that they go from one to the other overnight. Is that misleading?

I've never really paid attention to it, just another day.

"But the work of replacing jack-o-lanterns with ornaments and toy soldiers happens in hours. Did you spot any of your favorites being placed in the park?"

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/time-lapse-video-magic-kingdom-park-decorated-for-the-holidays/

• 4 months later...

• Starting today, January 12, the viewing location for Magic Kingdom parades will be relocated from the Central Plaza Viewing area to the Town Square Viewing Area, near the flagpole. This new location is available for both the daytime and nighttime parades.

Starting February 27, the viewing location for Magic Kingdom fireworks will relocate from the Rose Garden Fireworks Viewing Area to the Main Street Plaza Gardens. This preferred viewing location is adjacent to Casey's Corner and the Plaza Restaurant. Guests may choose either side upon arrival to the Main Street Plaza Gardens, based on availability.

• Starting today, January 12, the viewing location for Magic Kingdom parades will be relocated from the Central Plaza Viewing area to the Town Square Viewing Area, near the flagpole. This new location is available for both the daytime and nighttime parades.
  • Starting February 27, the viewing location for Magic Kingdom fireworks will relocate from the Rose Garden Fireworks Viewing Area to the Main Street Plaza Gardens. This preferred viewing location is adjacent to Casey's Corner and the Plaza Restaurant. Guests may choose either side upon arrival to the Main Street Plaza Gardens, based on availability.

I assume these are FP+ viewing areas, right?

What are the reasons for the changes?  Is the Rose Garden area going to be a construction zone now?

TCD

I assume these are FP+ viewing areas, right?

What are the reasons for the changes?  Is the Rose Garden area going to be a construction zone now?

TCD

Yes, these are the FP+ viewing locations. Sorry.

Construction is going to begin soon on the castle hub area and rose garden area. So these locations will not be accesible.

But did you notice the fireworks viewing? This area they are talking about is the area currently walled off. So the walls should be coming down very soon.

Yes, these are the FP+ viewing locations. Sorry.

Construction is going to begin soon on the castle hub area and rose garden area. So these locations will not be accesible.

But did you notice the fireworks viewing? This area they are talking about is the area currently walled off. So the walls should be coming down very soon.

Yes, I did notice- and didn't understand where they were going to put people in those two areas.  You're right- it has to mean that walls are coming down.

I hate to hear that the Rose Garden area is going under construction. I know the original information said that it would be included as part of the project, but after the other walls being up for so long, I was hoping that the area close to the castle would be left untouched. 

Man, this is taking them a long time!

TCD