Filling in part of the moat around Cinderella's Castle... a sign of more things to come?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Plaza Garden East, but it is the private viewing location for Kanye West, the West family and assorted Kardashians.  

That's a fascinating video there, Jason.    I took the final view from that video and set it side by side with a satellite image from Google.  It's remarkable how much this is going to change that are

People suck.     I think TCD's last post just made a light bulb go off in my head.     It's not so much the Mouse that sucks....it's the DAMN GUESTS!     Sure, Disney's greed is a contributing factor,

It has been over a year now since I have been back in the park. Have the circled structures been built or am I just not remembering them?

hub%20video_zpsamwmoabj.jpg

Those areas have been fenced in for a while now, and construction is still going on there.  I have not seen vertical construction of those new structures.  There are currently temporary structures there, which I believe serve as lighting towers for the castle stage shows.

TCD

The one thing that I don't like about the new areas and it looks really out of place, is that in addition to the very decorative light posts, with the hidden speakers, they have these very tall, very industrial looking spot light type lights. They just don't go with the area. I'm wondering if they are going to get camouflaged somehow.

The one thing that I don't like about the new areas and it looks really out of place, is that in addition to the very decorative light posts, with the hidden speakers, they have these very tall, very industrial looking spot light type lights. They just don't go with the area. I'm wondering if they are going to get camouflaged somehow.

And those light towers obstruct the view of the castle from the fireworks viewing areas.  I am not sure what those light towers do, and maybe they are temporary until they complete some of the other structures.

TCD

And those light towers obstruct the view of the castle from the fireworks viewing areas.  I am not sure what those light towers do, and maybe they are temporary until they complete some of the other structures.

TCD

My guess is that just like the new "trees" at the Fort they are new cell towers reserved solely for guests of the Four Seasons......

• 2 weeks later...

We just had our fourth Plaza Gardens FP+ Wishes fireworks viewing area experience this past Friday night.

It seems they are letting more and more guests into the reserved area, and, so far, they are only using the east side.

We arrived earlier than the return time, but were admitted.  Most of the spots on the fake grass were taken by guests who arrived earlier, but we found a spot that was behind one of the planters along the fence.  A tall bush in the planter would partially block the view of anyone sitting directly in front of it, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

The visit before this one, all the guests in the area were chill, and no one went to the front and stood in front of the guests seated on the grass.  We had that happen on just one of our previous visits.

This visit was different.  As more and more people showed up, late comers were sending their kids to the front to kneel near on the walkways in front of the grass.  That wasn't too bad.  But then two soccer moms showed up with their precious snowflakes and decided that they needed to stand in front of everyone else with their brats hoisted up on their hips.  One of the soccer moms stood in front of the family next to us.  The mom in that family said "excuse me, but we have been sitting here nearly an hour, and now we cannot see."  The soccer moms turns around and says "well, we have Fastpasses just like you," and then keeps standing there.  The dad from the family then went to one of the CM's at the gate and complained.  The next thing you know, a manager type comes in and says "folks, it's standing room only in here tonight, so everyone needs to stand up and move forward- no sitting."  That did not happen on any of our three previous visits.

The standing room only thing blows.  What happened next is not surprising.  The soccer moms and other late comers raced to the front and took spots along the railing.  Those who arrived earlier and were peacefully sitting and waiting for the fireworks got to stand behind them.

If they're going to make people stand in there, you're definitely better off finding a spot closer to the castle on one of the new pathways that has opened.

Again, FP+ for Wishes is a huge waste.

TCD

People suck.  

I think TCD's last post just made a light bulb go off in my head.  

It's not so much the Mouse that sucks....it's the DAMN GUESTS!  

Sure, Disney's greed is a contributing factor, but the guests are the ones primarily responsible for ruining everyone else's experience, and for making a simple evening at the Magic Kingdom a stressful suckfest.  

I'm moving to a private island and establishing the Kingdom of Fiendlandia.  Who's coming with me?  

Will there be MSB cinnamon rolls?

Every single morning.  

And there will be no alarm clocks.  The smell of cinnamon rolls will be piped into every room to gently wake all Fiends up.  But no one has to go to work....they just need to sit under the giant awnings spread throughout the Kingdom and run their mouths all day.  

People suck.  

I think TCD's last post just made a light bulb go off in my head.  

It's not so much the Mouse that sucks....it's the DAMN GUESTS!  

Sure, Disney's greed is a contributing factor, but the guests are the ones primarily responsible for ruining everyone else's experience, and for making a simple evening at the Magic Kingdom a stressful suckfest.  

I'm moving to a private island and establishing the Kingdom of Fiendlandia.  Who's coming with me?  

I agree that inconsiderate guests are part of the problem.

But Disney exacerbates the problem by not anticipating guest behavior and establishing and enforcing rules.

When we visited Disneyland, we found the viewing areas they had for Fantasmic there to be very organized.  In case you don't know, Fantasmic is performed in Disneyland park there, and there is no dedicated seating area like at Hollywood Studios.  Instead, they have viewing areas marked off.  The ones closest to the show are reserved for guests who want to sit on the ground, and CM's come through and make sure everyone knows that.  There are areas behind the sitting areas for guests who want to stand.  And they don't let idiot guests cram in to the sitting area with strollers.  It's simple and organized, and it works.

The incident we encountered on Friday night at the Magic Kingdom could have been completely avoided had there been some rules in place.

TCD

I was going to ask if they allowed strollers in the viewing area.

Adam still isn't an up close firework fan, and that's fine with me lol. Much easier not to deal with this.

Yes, they allow strollers and wheelchairs in there.  And, I'm fine with that, as long as nobody pushes one in front of a guest who staked out a spot first.  But, you know how that goes.

TCD

Every single morning.  

And there will be no alarm clocks.  The smell of cinnamon rolls will be piped into every room to gently wake all Fiends up.  But no one has to go to work....they just need to sit under the giant awnings spread throughout the Kingdom and run their mouths all day.  

Where do I sign??

The incident we encountered on Friday night at the Magic Kingdom could have been completely avoided had there been some rules in place.

If we had a nickel for every time this had been said (or something related to existing rules being enforced), we'd be having this discussion in Fiendlandia while snacking on ooey gooey cinnamon rolls.

It really is Disney's fault as much as the rudeness of guests. That "soccer Mom" 's statement is very telling. (My son plays soccer so I do need to use quotation marks with that term that is used in a derogatory manner to brand all of us (and I drive a minivan so just go ahead and categorize me there too!).)   There are a lot of observations about how people think Fastpass means "I get to go to the front of the line" no matter how many people actually have the fastpass and there is no way all of them can be in the front of the line. Fastpasses for things like fireworks is even more ridiculous. You're planning your trip and the wonders of Fastpass+ are touted everywhere. It will make your visit magical.  Giving that Mom the benefit of the doubt, she may have though Fastpass meant she could come at the last minute and have a great viewing location and not have to sit for an hour with her small children waiting.  And she can't do that, especially for an event like that. Her error was deciding she would then stick it to the other guests, rather than being irritated at Disney for creating such a ridiculous situation. Then Disney makes it worse by sticking it to the other guests who had been waiting patiently.  

It really is Disney's fault as much as the rudeness of guests. That "soccer Mom" 's statement is very telling. (My son plays soccer so I do need to use quotation marks with that term that is used in a derogatory manner to brand all of us (and I drive a minivan so just go ahead and categorize me there too!).)   There are a lot of observations about how people think Fastpass means "I get to go to the front of the line" no matter how many people actually have the fastpass and there is no way all of them can be in the front of the line. Fastpasses for things like fireworks is even more ridiculous. You're planning your trip and the wonders of Fastpass+ are touted everywhere. It will make your visit magical.  Giving that Mom the benefit of the doubt, she may have though Fastpass meant she could come at the last minute and have a great viewing location and not have to sit for an hour with her small children waiting.  And she can't do that, especially for an event like that. Her error was deciding she would then stick it to the other guests, rather than being irritated at Disney for creating such a ridiculous situation. Then Disney makes it worse by sticking it to the other guests who had been waiting patiently.  

Great post.

And, sorry about the "soccer mom" reference. I used that term euphemistically to refer to a self-absorbed person.  She could have easily been a "dance mom," "pageant mom," or something else.

TCD