Gettysburg 2014

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm In....   Wish I was at this GG....   Oh wait I was there !   and it was AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!      Taylor Pork Roll can be used as a breakfast meat, lunch or dinner meat.   My favorite way is to fry

I can't believe you guys are making fun of me. I was cold and went and out more clothing on and you make fun of me for it? Some friends you are.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of Miracle Whip.  But it does have a bit of sweetness IMO that likely enhances this recipe.  If it ain't broke, I wouldn't fix it.  You just don't mess with the t

Thanks for the Turd recipe. I make them without the ill smokies and the BBQ sauce but I'm going to definitely try them that way.

You won't be disappointed! I don't normally eat poppers but wanted to try them since everyone was going crazy. I didn't eat the pepper, just the insides(someone ate my peppers, I didn't waste them!)

Ray, I'm torn on the potato salad. I am a Hellman's girl, so part of my wants to try it with that and the other part says I'm a fool for thinking about messing with it when I know it is great as is.

Ok. I'll make with miracle whip for two reasons.

1. Why mess with a good thing

2. DW prefers miracle whip over mayo.

I'm kind of out of order here, but none of you would know that :P

At 4 pm on Saturday they had a hayride (for free) with the Easter bunny. A few of the kids went on that. The campground had a decent amount of activities going on. Friday and Saturday they had the hayride, they had candy bar bingo, a pot luck, a dj, easter eggs hunts, etc. The hayride was the only thing the fiend kids did.

Here is a picture of Nathan's Becky. There is a story to the dress, but I didn't hear it. IT was pretty cool!

IMG_3320.jpg

and here's Adam and "his special camping dog, Jedi" Adam loves him.

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

I'm kind of out of order here, but none of you would know that :P

At 4 pm on Saturday they had a hayride (for free) with the Easter bunny. A few of the kids went on that. The campground had a decent amount of activities going on. Friday and Saturday they had the hayride, they had candy bar bingo, a pot luck, a dj, easter eggs hunts, etc. The hayride was the only thing the fiend kids did.

Here is a picture of Nathan's Becky. There is a story to the dress, but I didn't hear it. IT was pretty cool!

IMG_3320.jpg

and here's Adam and "his special camping dog, Jedi" Adam loves him.

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

Thanks for potato salad recipe. It sound delicious.

I'll be trying it soon.

Question: have you ever made it with Mayo? I bet it would change the flavor to much.

I have not tried it with mayo. Dont ever have it in the house unless we are out of Miracle whip and Sil needs some. Then I make my own. At this point I dont think I would even try it with mayo. Gram's been making it this way for longer than I have been alive. I am not going to mess with something like that. 

I have not tried it with mayo. Dont ever have it in the house unless we are out of Miracle whip and Sil needs some. Then I make my own. At this point I dont think I would even try it with mayo. Gram's been making it this way for longer than I have been alive. I am not going to mess with something like that. 

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of Miracle Whip.  But it does have a bit of sweetness IMO that likely enhances this recipe.  If it ain't broke, I wouldn't fix it.  You just don't mess with the tried and true recipes of our elders. 

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of Miracle Whip.  But it does have a bit of sweetness IMO that likely enhances this recipe.  If it ain't broke, I wouldn't fix it.  You just don't mess with the tried and true recipes of our elders. 

That is the thing everyone likes. This salad has a little sweetness and a little tanginess as well. Not sure I could get that if I switched to mayo.

That is the thing everyone likes. This salad has a little sweetness and a little tanginess as well. Not sure I could get that if I switched to mayo.

No, I think you'd lose that, or at least some of it.  I wouldn't change a thing.  I know that I have a few of my grandma's recipes, and they are a link to her that I wouldn't change.  I miss her. 

Somebody needs to tell the story of the dress.

And, Jedi and Adam are perfect together! I can't tell which one is happier. Great photos!

TCD

You are right. Jedi gets very excited when you mention Adam's name.

We had to make sure the night before we left Adam got to say goodbye. After he was in the camper he started trying to say something while crying. Beckers finally figured out he wanted to take a picture of Jedi. The next day he was eating his snack while looking at his picture of Jedi.

That is some serious puppy love.

Nobody mess with Gram's recipe...   This is some of the best potato salad you'll ever have...  This lady is an absolute genius in the kitchen,  and I hit that hard every year and get to take some home, just cause Jason makes a little extra.

Best ever is locally made in DE by RAPA!

Fried up nice and crisp in a cast-iron pan!  I like mine with cocktail sauce on it.

Never thought about cocktail sauce...   We eat Mozzy sticks with cocktail, but I guess I have to get to the freezer and get some scrapple out and try that...  It sounds incredible...  Thanks for the great suggestion !