Gettysburg 2014

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm In....   Wish I was at this GG....   Oh wait I was there !   and it was AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!      Taylor Pork Roll can be used as a breakfast meat, lunch or dinner meat.   My favorite way is to fry

I can't believe you guys are making fun of me. I was cold and went and out more clothing on and you make fun of me for it? Some friends you are.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of Miracle Whip.  But it does have a bit of sweetness IMO that likely enhances this recipe.  If it ain't broke, I wouldn't fix it.  You just don't mess with the t

I am trying to lose weight and am dying reading this TR full of photos of mouth watering food!

Rebekah your children are adorable.

It looks like this was a great weekend, anticipating the rest of the story from other fiends.

I cannot believe the tag fairy hasn't grabbed on to the torpedo meat comments yet.

Weight loss and fiends at a GG doesn't happen lol. I've heard of a lot of weight that was gained that weekend. I said before "fiends good for the soul, not so good for the waistline"

I think my kids are pretty adorable too, thanks!

Hope you can join us next year, there is talk of moving it to Lancaster, maybe that will make it easier for you to join us!

The older kids set out the Easter Eggs for the kids to get. They also sat their protecting them until the kids got them. There was a lot of kids at the campground and I'm sure they would have been tempted to help themselves had they had the chance.

IMG_3428-1.jpg

Don't get in between fiend children and their eggs!

IMG_3427-1.jpg

IMG_3458-1.jpg

IMG_3438-1.jpg

There was no shortage of eggs

IMG_3437-1.jpg

He loved his Snarky shirt, thanks to Jen's son for outgrowing it!

IMG_3452.jpg

IMG_3436-1.jpg

The kids were very happy with their findings, candy, snap beads, $1, little toys. The fiend children of Gettysburg make out very well lol

After the hunt, we ate and then the kids painted salt water flour dough egg ornaments that I made (and forgot to bring the string for, oops!)

IMG_3470-1.jpg

Glow in the dark paint

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3474-1.jpg

work in progress

IMG_3484-1.jpg

concentrating on his masterpiece

IMG_3491.jpg

We were lucky and the campsites across from where most of us were happened to be empty so we overtook them.

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3487-1.jpg

IMG_3501-1.jpg

Proud of her work

IMG_3517-1.jpg

Don't ask (because I don't have an answer!)

IMG_3532-1.jpg

favorite game of the kids, squish the lemon.

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

Where we spent all our time

IMG_3526-1.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

I know Monty Python movies were watched Saturday night, can remember if there were any kid ones before.

Easter Sunday it was decided we would have a pot luck brunch. Mom made a jello salad and I made pineapple stuffing, which I burned because I started talking and lost track of time. Whoops. There was also ham, Mac and cheese, salad and a few other things. Everything was licked clean. I had to feed the baby and when I went back everything was gone!! Thankfully I got some before I fed her!

Brian took Adam and Bill's kids down to the lake to fish, 4 kids and 1 fishing pole isn't ideal. And at some point Adam got in trouble for not listening so fishing was given up on and they played in the other playground that was down there.

Sunday was more playground time, saying good bye to fiends who were leaving and sitting around bs'ing. Brian tried getting off Monday but never got a straight answer so we had to pack up the truck with as much crap as possible since space was limited in my van. He left around 9pm and called me a little after midnight as he was pulling in the driveway. Then he said a few choice words as he realized he had my dad's spare keys, which have no house keys on them! So it's midnight, he has to go to work in 8 hours and he is locked out. Thankfully we have a family friend who stays up until about 1 every night and they were still awake so he was able to stay there. But he had to go to a 24 hour cvs (thankfully it was right by their house) to buy a razor, shaving cream etc because he has to be clean shaven for work. So Brian gets to work and his boss goes, why are you here? I have you off. But he never told Brian. Oops. Thankfully Brian was able to get my parents key from the person watching their cats and hang out there.

Forgot to mention we pulled together and ordered pizza for dinner, 16 of them.

Sunday night Spaceballs was the chosen movie.

Monday was more cleaning up, packing and saying good bye :( the black tank was giving me trouble showing it was empty and that was bugging me because if it was not emptied we would be charged $150. I called them and they said not to worry (if you held the button it would go from 1/3 full and fade to E). We left at noon, I meant to leave earlier but I was dragging my feet about going.

I wanted to fill up on gas before we left so my dad had to show me how to pump gas because we don't do it in Jersey. We stopped at a McDonalds before the PA turnpike and bumped into another fiend family there. After feeding both kids and getting back on the road they were fast asleep until we got home. Thankfully there was no traffic and we got home in good time!

We had a blast, I think my parents enjoyed the company (maybe not the crammed trailer ;) and I think they will be attended more fiend functions in the future, especially if they have their own camper.

I know Monty Python movies were watched Saturday night, can remember if there were any kid ones before.

Easter Sunday it was decided we would have a pot luck brunch. Mom made a jello salad and I made pineapple stuffing, which I burned because I started talking and lost track of time. Whoops. There was also ham, Mac and cheese, salad and a few other things. Everything was licked clean. I had to feed the baby and when I went back everything was gone!! Thankfully I got some before I fed her!

Brian took Adam and Bill's kids down to the lake to fish, 4 kids and 1 fishing pole isn't ideal. And at some point Adam got in trouble for not listening so fishing was given up on and they played in the other playground that was down there.

Sunday was more playground time, saying good bye to fiends who were leaving and sitting around bs'ing. Brian tried getting off Monday but never got a straight answer so we had to pack up the truck with as much crap as possible since space was limited in my van. He left around 9pm and called me a little after midnight as he was pulling in the driveway. Then he said a few choice words as he realized he had my dad's spare keys, which have no house keys on them! So it's midnight, he has to go to work in 8 hours and he is locked out. Thankfully we have a family friend who stays up until about 1 every night and they were still awake so he was able to stay there. But he had to go to a 24 hour cvs (thankfully it was right by their house) to buy a razor, shaving cream etc because he has to be clean shaven for work. So Brian gets to work and his boss goes, why are you here? I have you off. But he never told Brian. Oops. Thankfully Brian was able to get my parents key from the person watching their cats and hang out there.

Forgot to mention we pulled together and ordered pizza for dinner, 16 of them.

Sunday night Spaceballs was the chosen movie.

Monday was more cleaning up, packing and saying good bye :( the black tank was giving me trouble showing it was empty and that was bugging me because if it was not emptied we would be charged $150. I called them and they said not to worry (if you held the button it would go from 1/3 full and fade to E). We left at noon, I meant to leave earlier but I was dragging my feet about going.

I wanted to fill up on gas before we left so my dad had to show me how to pump gas because we don't do it in Jersey. We stopped at a McDonalds before the PA turnpike and bumped into another fiend family there. After feeding both kids and getting back on the road they were fast asleep until we got home. Thankfully there was no traffic and we got home in good time!

We had a blast, I think my parents enjoyed the company (maybe not the crammed trailer ;) and I think they will be attended more fiend functions in the future, especially if they have their own camper.

Yeay you finished! I still beat you though. LOL

Bravo! Bravo!

Excellent TR!

From the looks of your great pix a good time was had by all.

the salt water flour eggs was a greast idea and im sure those kids had string at home.

I must say that those Fiend kids are adorable! 

And that little one, that was "proud of her work" is the cutest little thing in the world.

Squish the lemon!  LOL!

Brian's boss SMB!  JK

I wish i could have been there thanks for sharing.

I hope the bonus footage has some pix of Elizabeth.

Time for bonus pics (which really means I forgot my dad gave me 2 cd's of pictures). BTW my dad gets all photo credit. I took my camera but never got it out of the car. His is way better than my so I figured why bother....

easter baskets!

yes, he is wearing Christmas pjs. They are warm and I wasn't thinking. Oh well.

He is a Lego junkie

IMG_3559-1.jpg

This claw thingy, cost the Easter Bunny $3. This was his favorite toy. And then he ended up breaking it, the tears started flowing and he said "but I don't even know where the Easter Bunny bought it to get a new one". Target kid, the bunny shops at Target. (Side note, the Santa we hire every year for Christmas lives locally, one day we were in Target and saw him. So Adam thinks Santa shops there, which makes life easier if he sees something at Target and then gets it for a holiday)

IMG_3570-1.jpg

Claw can hold up a box of goldfish!

IMG_3573.jpg

And I had Easter pj's for her, but didn't get pics of her in them with her basket. Eventually I'll get this right.

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

Yup, winter pj's on for me too.. She's holding an egg big brother made

IMG_3585.jpg

and one more because she's cute

IMG_3603.jpg