Gettysburg 2014

It got pretty cold at night, and the bunk ends weren't as warm as I would have liked but better than a tent!!

Friday morning the kids were at the playground by 8:30. I hardly saw Adam the whole weekend.

Dad made breakfast for him and I. Pork roll, egg and cheese on bagels. For some reason toasting the bagels on the griddle set the smoke detector off again.

0CA40708-AA78-4807-A709-0C4368EAA5D8-541

My parents went sight seeing for most of the day, I still need to upload the photos from that, my dad got a bunch of great pics.

The remaining fiends showed up during the day. Adam was at the playground except for when I made him come eat.

Friday night was also our first potluck. I don't have any pictures but Jason or Pam may. We had chicken fingers, hot dogs and beans, tequila lime chicken, hamburgers, homemade hamburger buns, salad and I'm not sure what else.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm In....   Wish I was at this GG....   Oh wait I was there !   and it was AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!      Taylor Pork Roll can be used as a breakfast meat, lunch or dinner meat.   My favorite way is to fry

I can't believe you guys are making fun of me. I was cold and went and out more clothing on and you make fun of me for it? Some friends you are.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of Miracle Whip.  But it does have a bit of sweetness IMO that likely enhances this recipe.  If it ain't broke, I wouldn't fix it.  You just don't mess with the t

I'm in!

That trailer looks really nice- it's great that it was like new.  Well, except for the part about how well the smoke alarm worked.

I think it's great that the grandparents got to come along.  What nice memories this will create for Adam.

Pork Roll.  I haven't had that in more than 30 years.  I need to track some of that down.  I don't think any of the TCD girls have ever tried it.

TastyKakes finally made it to Florida a few years ago.  The girls had never enjoyed a Butterscotch Krimpet until then.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your dad's photos and the rest of the report.

TCD

Pork roll....yuuuuummmmmm

TCD, Publix sells pork roll in GA. Some stores have it in the deli case and will slice it for you. All have it prepackaged with the breakfast meats. I bet you can find it in FL too.

I remember you sharing this fact. With all the Yankees in Florida, I have to believe the Publix stores here carry Pork Roll.  I just haven't looked.  But, I'm going to.

TCD

So cool.

This TR has it all!

But what's Pork Roll?

And what the heck is a butterscotch Krimpet?

This has to be. Northeastern thing.

I need pictures or mail me a sample.

Is this going to be a group TR? Or are the rest of the fiends going to make Beckers do all the work?

Hint! Hint!

Hello Jason, Rennie!

Is anybody out there?

I'm in!

Looking forward to pood forn, hilarity, and hijinx!

To keep the amount of brain bleach needed, I will leave some details out. I'm pretty sure at one point someone did google an image of brain bleach...

Way to cover up your double post with the heater/smoke detector story.

Shameless I tell, just shameless.

Proud to be shameless

Solid page 2 bragging rights for me.

I'm kind of sad you weren't able to blow up my page 1

May be late, but I am here.

just don't be late for potluck! 

I'm in!

That trailer looks really nice- it's great that it was like new.  Well, except for the part about how well the smoke alarm worked.

I think it's great that the grandparents got to come along.  What nice memories this will create for Adam.

Pork Roll.  I haven't had that in more than 30 years.  I need to track some of that down.  I don't think any of the TCD girls have ever tried it.

TastyKakes finally made it to Florida a few years ago.  The girls had never enjoyed a Butterscotch Krimpet until then.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your dad's photos and the rest of the report.

TCD

my parents get it at publix in Fl. I think by the deli. It's Taylor brand.  

I have yet to try pork roll. That needs to change.

Sounds like Adam had a great time!

I really enjoyed your site. Somehow felt guilty about using it.

I'm in!

TCD

I believe you can order Taylor Ham on-line.  I think someone needs to do that for a GG.

So cool.

This TR has it all!

But what's Pork Roll?

Is this going to be a group TR? Or are the rest of the fiends going to make Beckers do all the work?

Hint! Hint!

Hello Jason, Rennie!

Is anybody out there?

I popped on for just a second. I am working most of the day and all of the night all this week. Don't expect much out of me till sometime next week. 

Pork Roll. I haven't had that in more than 30 years. I need to track some of that down. I don't think any of the TCD girls have ever tried it.

TastyKakes finally made it to Florida a few years ago. The girls had never enjoyed a Butterscotch Krimpet until then.

TCD

I have never had a Pork Roll.

Mmmmmmm Tastycakes Butterscotch Krimpets haven't had one of those in ages.

Friday night the kids watched Planes. It works out great, they watch a movie, adults sit around the fire and do what fiends do best. Every morning Bill's site looks like a recycle/trash truck over turned. Monday morning I think I picked up 2 medium trash bags full of bottles.

Saturday morning was Mickey waffle day!

1513831_10154007994405456_75728873364254

Jason and I made waffles

10006342_10154007994230456_3873740612154

John made Stitch juice. It's orange, guava and passion fruit. It's amazing and I love John for making it!! (And giving me some for the road!)

Rennie made a breakfast skillet of eggs, potatoes, sausage and peppers/onions. It was all really good.

And our youngest camper!

10246277_10154007992895456_3744861865967

The burp cloth she is holding was made by a fellow fiend, Whip. She has a store on Etsy and FB called Dotted Pocket, check it out. She also made a dress for Elizabeth from the dress shirt Adam wore for Christmas. It's adorable.

Here Adam was wearing it under a sweater vest

F8140721-E5D5-4750-9D65-77F64B9C4F7E-902

And her is what Elaine turned it into.

3F299199-1C6D-4A9A-9CF0-A28B3660A503-602

But what's Pork Roll?

Both of those are Philly/South Jersey things.

Those, and Philly Cheese Steaks are about the only things I miss from living there.

But, they sell TastyKakes in Florida now, and lots of places have mastered the Philly Cheese Steak, so there's no need for me to go back.

just don't be late for potluck!  my parents get it at publix in Fl. I think by the deli. It's Taylor brand.  

Thanks, good to know.  Taylor is the only brand I remember, so I'll look for it.

The other thing needed for a GG is some NJ sloppy joes.  Preferably from the Millburn Deli.  Or maybe I just need to go visit Jersey.

You have mentioned these NJ Sloppy Joes before, and it's not something that I remember at all.

What made them different from a regular Sloppy Joe?

TCD

what is this "Pork Roll" you speak of  8)

is it pork? is it a roll?  :sad-emoticon-msn:

give me a buttered hard roll and a coffee and I am a happy boy!

X2 on your choice. A fresh roll still warm nothing better.

I'm In....   Wish I was at this GG....   Oh wait I was there !   and it was AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!   

Taylor Pork Roll can be used as a breakfast meat, lunch or dinner meat.   My favorite way is to fry it and then put fried onions, American Chesse, horseradish sauce, on the pork roll in a soft streamed bun...   That is a litlle slice of heaven right there. 

pork-roll-frying_zps4ea2b8b1.jpg