This probably shouldnt make me as giddy as it does. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw it on Saturday and thought it was really good!  Like others have said more in line with the originals, which is a very good thing.   I did good avoiding spoilers but it wasn't easy.   I will say

But if they didnt at least include them in this, and there is no guarantee they will have huge roles, a large group of fans might dismiss this and be lost to them. Including them in at least this movi

I'm blown away that they are building these as physical props. (BTW, did absolutely no one get my Dantooine joke? That was friggin hilarious!) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A couple of new actresses have been named to the cast.

One is Lupita Nyong'o, who is currently a hot commodity after she won the Oscar for best supporting actor last time around.

The other is Gwendoline Christie, who is a big deal on the trendy Game of Thrones series.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-star-wars-episode-vii-lupita-nyongo-gwendoline-christie-20140602-story.html

I guess these names will help sell tickets.

TCD

Oops, nevermind! I just lost my Star Wars street cred! I mistook Dantooine for Leia's home world that was the first planet destroyed by the Death Star. No, Dantooine was the rebel outpost she gave up to save her home world, Alderaan. Doh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oops, nevermind! I just lost my Star Wars street cred! I mistook Dantooine for Leia's home world that was the first planet destroyed by the Death Star. No, Dantooine was the rebel outpost she gave up to save her home world, Alderaan. Doh! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now it makes sense. 

Oops, nevermind! I just lost my Star Wars street cred! I mistook Dantooine for Leia's home world that was the first planet destroyed by the Death Star. No, Dantooine was the rebel outpost she gave up to save her home world, Alderaan. Doh! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am lost.

What do you mean Leia saved Alderaan?  Didn't it get blown up?

Are you hitting the eggnog a little early?

TCD

She gave up the outpost in order to save Alderaan, but the meanies tricked her and blew it up any way. If I could find eggnog, I'd be drinking it. You betcha. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best part was Dantooine was long abandoned. It was a stall tactic and Tarkin called her bluff. 

But, Tarkin was genuinely surprised when the base turned out to be abandoned, so he wasn't calling her bluff, he was just being cruel. (Sorry to argue, I'm desperately trying to build anew some credibility!)Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct. Bluff was the wrong word.

In response to all the leaked photos from the set of Star Wars Episode VII, writer and director J.J. Abrams used the Bad Robot Twitter to send a note to fans. It says “I wish people would stop leaking photos from Episode VII and making ridiculous claims that the Millennium Falcon is in the movie.” But, the location makes it very funny. Check it out below.

Here’s the tweet.

BpS4EBRCMAAZvhE.jpg

Obviously, that’s the holochess board from inside the Falcon, as made famous by the “Let the Wookie Win” scene in A New Hope. Oh J.J., you so clever. We get it.

Star Wars Episode VII is now filming in London, aboard the Millennium Falcon apparently, and it hits theaters December 18, 2015.

http://www.slashfilm.com/jj-abrams-millennium-falcon/

From BBC News...

Another Star Wars film will be made in the UK next year, Chancellor George Osborne has confirmed.

He made the announcement during a visit to the set of the Star Wars: Episode VII film which began shooting at Pinewood Studios, near London, in May.

The new movie will begin filming in 2015, also at Pinewood.

Mr Osborne said the decision to shoot Episode VII in the UK was "testament to the incredible talent in Britain" and meant "more jobs and more investment".

Confirming the details of another Star Wars film on Twitter, he wrote: "On set of Episode VII tonight, can announce another #StarWars film will be made in UK. A #LongTermEconomicPlan in a galaxy far far away"

And in a statement regarding the filming of Episode VII, Mr Osborne said: "Lucasfilm and Disney's decision to shoot the Star Wars standalone movie in the UK is testament to the incredible talent in Britain."

"The further changes the government made to the film tax relief at Budget 2014 will support our highly skilled, innovative creative sectors so that they continue to thrive and encourage more films to be made in the UK."

Tax incentives

Episode VII includes original actors Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill and is being directed by JJ Abrams.

Lucasfilm President, Kathleen Kennedy said: "The UK crew that we're working with on Star Wars: Episode VII is incredible. They're among the most gifted and passionate when it comes to film and storytelling. Star Wars couldn't be in better hands."

A Treasury spokesman said the UK's film tax relief gives 25% tax relief on the first £20m of qualifying expenditure, and 20% thereafter.

Investment in UK-based film production in 2013 was over £1bn, an increase of 14% on the previous year, he added.

Episode VII is the fifth Star Wars movie to be shot in the UK and is due in cinemas on 18 December 2015.

The original trilogy was filmed at Elstree Studios in Hertfordshire, while prequel The Phantom Menace began shooting on 26 June 1997 at Leavesden Studios in Hertfordshire.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27789638

From The Hollywood Reporter...

Harrison Ford has been injured on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. The actor injured his ankle on Thursday, and was taken to a local hospital.

"Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates," said a statement from Disney.

A source tells THR that the actor, who reprises his role as Han Solo from the original franchise, was injured by the door of the Millennium Falcon, the spacecraft that his character pilots in the original films. The spaceship looks to be making a return in the sequel.

Ford, 71, along with the rest of the cast of Disney and Lucasfilm's project, is currently shooting the hotly anticipated J.J. Abrams film.

Star Wars: Episode VII features newcomers John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Lupita Nyong'o and Max von Sydow, who will join the original stars of the saga, Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker

While details of the plot have been kept tightly under wraps, the story will be set 30 years after the events in 1983's Return of the Jedi.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/harrison-ford-injured-star-wars-711457