I have no idea on if a real trailer will be shown with the new Hunger Games movie. 

Here is an explanation for being Rickrolled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling

Thanks.

I thought the video had some connection to Star Wars or the name of the new movie.

Now that I have no more teens living in the house, I am slipping on keeping up with modern trends.

If it makes you feel any better, you rickrolled me real good.

TCD

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw it on Saturday and thought it was really good!  Like others have said more in line with the originals, which is a very good thing.   I did good avoiding spoilers but it wasn't easy.   I will say

But if they didnt at least include them in this, and there is no guarantee they will have huge roles, a large group of fans might dismiss this and be lost to them. Including them in at least this movi

I'm blown away that they are building these as physical props. (BTW, did absolutely no one get my Dantooine joke? That was friggin hilarious!) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I thought the video had some connection to Star Wars or the name of the new movie.

Now that I have no more teens living in the house, I am slipping on keeping up with modern trends.

If it makes you feel any better, you rickrolled me real good.

TCD

If you send the link to the girls you can make them roll their eyes. LOL

• 1 month later...

From Entertainment Weekly...

George Lucas says Disney 'didn't want to do' his version of 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
By Darren Franich on Jan 21, 2015 at 5:51PM twitter-bird-16x16.png@DarrenFranich

More than two years after he sold his empire (and his rebels!) to Disney, George Lucas is enjoying his retirement from making Star Wars movies—not to mention his retirement from people getting angry at him for making Star Wars movies.

So when CinemaBlend reporter Nick Romano asked Lucas about his contribution to the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII—The Force Awakens, the filmmaker genially responded that Disney basically ignored Lucas’ ideas for the new trilogy. Lucas explains that he had sold his ideas for Episode VII to Disney, but “they came up to the decision that they didn’t really want to do those. So they made up their own.”

It’s not really clear if Lucas had a specific story in place for Episode VII, or just vaguely-defined notions like “Han and Leia’s children have lightsabers” or “this time it’s personal” or “Death Stars???” or “Z-wing.” Episode VII Kremlinologists will recall that Lucas had some interaction with Michael Arndt, the screenwriter who was writing Episode VII until he wasn’t writing Episode VII. Of course, Star Wars scholars will also recall that Lucas spent a couple decades variously claiming that he was definitely making a sequel trilogy and definitely not making a sequel trilogy.

So it’s all as clear as a summer day on Mimban, which is a swamp planet covered in clouds. You can see Lucas’s full statements in a video at CinemaBlend.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2015/01/21/george-lucas-disney-star-wars/

• 5 weeks later...

From BBC News...

20 February 2015 Last updated at 05:02 ET

Star Wars: Some rumours 'are true'

By Tim Masters Entertainment correspondent in Los Angeles

JJ Abrams has said some of the rumours surrounding his new Star Wars film are true.

The director was hosting the Irish Oscar Wilde awards in Los Angeles where actress Carrie Fisher was being honoured.

Fisher reprises her role of Princess Leia in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which is scheduled for release in December 2015.

The film reunites her with original co-stars Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford.

"I can't wait for you to see it. It's been a blast working on this and luckily we have an incredible post-production team," Abrams told the BBC News website on Thursday.

"There are always challenges as you go but it's been a complete kick to put this together."

In recent days a rumour about one of the characters in the film has been circulating on some websites.

Asked about the secrecy surrounding the script, Abrams added: "We did the best we can to preserve the story for the audience, but it doesn't always work.

"There are a ton of rumours - some true, some false. But I'm grateful for everyone who would want to read a spoiler because it means that they care and want to see the movie.

"I know what it feels like, as an enormous Star Wars fan myself."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31548370

• 7 months later...

Thanks to DaveTN for pointing out I posted in the VIII thread instead of this one...

Roman Numerals BAH!

Got our tickets for A Force Awakens opening night 12/17 at 7:00

Wife got an email from the science museum (MOSI) where we have a membership, offering ticket sales to members first to see the movie in IMAX.

Adults were $15 and kids were $12

They are available to anyone now.

I just bought tickets to see it in 3D on the 18th.  The opening night tickets were in IMAX, but the earlier showing was sold out and I didn't want to do a late show at 11pm.  So we'll wait until the next afternoon.  

I wasn't planning on going right away until my wife mentioned the membership email.

MOSI is a true IMAX Dome theater.  There are only about 3 in FL that are real 70mm other than Soarin and a couple at Universal.

But I saw in a VII ad that only parts were filmed in IMAX

Any true fans get tickets for this major event?

Disney Springs to host early Star Wars Force Awakens screening, tickets go on sale tonight

Posted By Marissa Mahoney on Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 1:11 PM

To celebrate the opening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Disney Springs is throwing a special party that should satisfy even the most die-hard superfans.

On Thursday, Dec. 17, Floridians will get the chance to screen The Force Awakens one day before the worldwide premiere at Disney Springs' AMC theater. But the fun doesn't stop there.  According to Disney Parks Blog, the event will wrap up with an after-hours DJ dance party at Hollywood Studios until 2 a.m., and fans will have special access to the new Star Wars Launch Bay exhibit as well as the Star Tours — The Adventure Continues attraction. 

And, it wouldn't be a Disney/Star Wars event without something blowing up. Disney fireworks will be blasting off with the iconic Star Wars score playing in the background while you're milling around at the after party. 

So, how do you get tickets? Well, the new theatrical trailer for The Force Awakens will debut tonight during Monday Night Football, and tickets for the Disney Springs special event will go on sale immediately after the trailer airs at amctheatres.com/starwarswdw.

Tickets range from $94.99 to $99.99 depending on whether you want to watch the film in 2-D, 3-D or 3-D ETX, and moviegoers will be given a special commemorative ticket as an added bonus.

Here's more info, but the tickets sold out almost immediately.

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Opening Night Event FAQs

bg-post-top.png

How can I get tickets to this event?
This event will go on sale on Monday, October 19, 2015, at www.amctheatres.com/starwarswdw.

Why does the price for this event vary?
Ticket prices reflect a variety of format options for the movie, including 2D ($94.99), 3D ($98.99) and 3D ETX ($99.99).

Can I purchase a ticket just for the private after-hours party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®?
No, the event includes both admission to the movie at AMC Disney Springs™ theatres as well as the after-hours event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. Separate admission is not available.

Are any discounts available for this event?
No. Discounts are not available for this special engagement event.

Will transportation be provided between Disney Springs™ and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®?
Participants will need to provide their own transportation between Disney Springs™ and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. If you are staying at a Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel the night of the event and prefer not to drive, complimentary transportation will be provided from Disney Springs™ to Disney’s Hollywood Studios® and back to your resort. There will not be transportation provided between Disney’s Hollywood Studios® and Disney Springs™ at the end of the event. Parking at Disney Springs™ is complimentary. Parking at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® is included in the event ticket price. Please allow extra time for parking at Disney Springs™ due to construction in the area. More information about parking and event logistics will be communicated closer to the event.

What time should I arrive at Disney Springs™?
By purchasing a ticket to this event, participants are confirmed to receive a seat to see the movie at a specified time in the format chosen. There will be two steps to check-in for this event:

1. Anytime after purchasing a ticket online and up to one hour prior to the event, participants will need to bring their online confirmation number to the theatre box office or Automated Box Office kiosks during normal operating hours to print a AMC Disney Springs™ 24 Theatres ticket.
  2. On Thursday, December 17, 2015, Disney Springs™ will open at 8:00 a.m. for guests to begin checking in for the event. Plan to arrive at least 1 hour prior to the show time to allow ample time to check in. Guests should bring their printed AMC Disney Springs™ theaters Box Office Ticket (with Auditorium Number) to the check-in location that will be communicated prior to the event. Please be aware that Guests are not able to enter Disney Springs™ prior to 8:00 a.m.

Will there be any characters at this event?
Yes, characters will be appearing at Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.

Will anything else be open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® for the private after-hours party?
Yes, select merchandise and food and beverage locations will operate during the after-hours party in addition to Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Tours The Adventures Continue attraction. There will be additional entertainment throughout the park. No other attractions are planned to operate.

Can we come in costume?
Yes, participants are encouraged to attend in costume, provided they follow these guidelines:

• Costumes should be child-friendly and adhere to any guidelines determined by AMC and Disney.
  • Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent; drag on the ground; contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest; contain any weapons or objects which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
  • At AMC Disney Springs™ 24 Theatres, masks must be carried and can be worn for photos. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios® for this event, masks may be worn, but they must not obstruct vision, and eyes must be visible at all times.
  • Guests who dress like Disney characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs.

Will I still be able to see “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” at AMC Disney Springs™ 24 theatres if I don’t attend this event?
Yes. Visit amctheatres.com or the AMC Disney Springs™ 24 theatres box office for later show times and details.

Didn't this sell out almost instantly?

Whoever was in charge of the pricing goofed.  They easily could have gotten away with another $50 or $75 for this event.

TCD

yes, they are long gone.

Now I don't feel bad spending $15 to see it on 12/17 at the MOSI IMAX Dome.

They way I look at it is that I saved $240 on 3 tickets!

Couple of interesting items for Star Wars Fans.

This is a supercut of the 3 Star Wars trailers that a fan put together.

He did a great job of it.

It answers a couple of questions, but opens up a lot more...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/10/22/star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-supercut/74422900/

Then the report of the pre-sales for tickets

The force is strong with the upcoming “Star Wars” sequel.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens” has established a new record, bypassing “The Hunger Games” to move the most tickets in its first day on sale, Fandango reports. It didn’t just surpass that picture, it shattered its benchmark, outselling “The Hunger Games” eight times over.

Traffic to the online ticketer’s site surged to seven times more than its peak level in less than 24 hours.

“This is an extraordinary time for the industry, which experienced unprecedented ticketing demand last night for ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens,'” Fandango said in a statement. “The enthusiasm for this year’s most anticipated movie is out of this world and we expect it to continue all the way to its debut on Dec. 18.”

There are already sellouts, particularly in Imax screenings, and to meet the demand, movie theaters are continually adding show times, the online ticketer reports. “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” presales also broke every Imax record, generating over $6.5 million.

The film eclipsed “The Dark Knight Rises,” “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” and “Avengers,” which each earned around $1 million for their first reported presales.

MovieTickets.com did not release any data, but “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is the top-selling film on its site. It represents 95% of sales over the past 24 hours. Interest in the film was so intense that both MovieTickets.com and Fandango reportedly crashed for some users.

The first full-length trailer for the film debuted on ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” game between the New York Giants and the Philadelphia Eagles. It appeared in conjunction with tickets going on sale. That footage has been viewed nearly 12 million times on the official “Star Wars” YouTube channel.

The film is intended to kick off another trilogy of pictures and brings back cast members from the first film, such as Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, along with new stars Adam Driver, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. J.J. Abrams directs the film. There are also planned spin-offs and origin stories expected to debut in the coming years, as Disney and Lucasfilm hope to embrace the Marvel model of building a cinematic universe.

• 1 month later...

We enjoyed it.

Granddaughter really liked it.  She had a very hard time not telling her classmates all about it at school on Friday.

I felt the same way about the action, and lighthearted spots.

I felt it fit in better with the original 3 than the prequels did.

Records have fallen and wait and see what happens during the 2 weeks of Christmas Break!

And did you see this part of the movie where this happened?

Pew pew, pewpew, vroosh, pew pew pew.

Clang clang, pew pew pew!!

And did you see this part of the movie where this happened?

Pew pew, pewpew, vroosh, pew pew pew.

Clang clang, pew pew pew!!

No, I don't recall that.  I know that I need to see it again.  Now that I have some idea of where things are going, there are parts I want to re-watch.

All of my viewing plans have been thwarted by the universe so far. I may not get to see it until I get home from FL in January.

Oh man, Jason, I hope that you can avoid spoilers before then.  I tried real hard to not see any spoilers before seeing it, and managed to be surprised by quite a bit.  And I'm glad.  You need to scratch something off of your plans and get to the theater!

TCD