• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw it on Saturday and thought it was really good!  Like others have said more in line with the originals, which is a very good thing.   I did good avoiding spoilers but it wasn't easy.   I will say

But if they didnt at least include them in this, and there is no guarantee they will have huge roles, a large group of fans might dismiss this and be lost to them. Including them in at least this movi

I'm blown away that they are building these as physical props. (BTW, did absolutely no one get my Dantooine joke? That was friggin hilarious!) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Some allegedly leaked info from UPROXX...

The stormtrooper is the most basic unit of cannon fodder in the Empire, and as such, they don’t get to look cool; bright white armor, helmets that obviously obscure their vision, and orange shoulder pads. But apparently, in the intervening thirty years, the Empire has hired a stylist.

The images come courtesy of Indie Revolver, which kindly gave us permission to reproduce them on the site.

wpid-jt-sun.jpg?w=650&h=466

Indie Revolver

wpid-st-helmet.jpg?w=650&h=484

Also someone on a prop forum who claims to have seen a lot of production designs posted a photo that looks very similar. So either these are our new stormtroopers, or there’s a props ninja out there really good at fooling us all.

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/08/star-wars-episode-vii-stormtroopers-look-different-in-leaked-images/

Well, it looks like today’s the day for hot Star Wars fashion leaks. First we got a look at Episode VII’s sleek new stormtrooper helmets, and now designs for Harrison Ford’s sassy new Han Solo duds have leaked.

First we have a classic, almost Jedi-esque outfit (Han must be at least an honorary Jedi by now, right?). Han looks to be carrying his classic blaster and holster in this one, and ready to get that first shot in…

Next we have, um, a slightly more questionable look. I dunno — that furry hood, those Uggs-like boots. It’s a little too easy to imagine a high school girl wearing this one…

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/08/heres-a-first-look-at-han-solos-stylish-new-star-wars-episode-vii-duds/

• 4 weeks later...

Excerpt from BBC News...

A man who was taking publicity shots for a flying school returned home to find he had captured images of spacecraft from the new Star Wars film.

_77498498_77498497.jpg

Matthew Myatt only discovered he had taken a picture of the Rebel Alliance ships a day later

Full article here...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-29144135

• 1 month later...

From Entertainment Weekly...

'Star Wars: Episode VII' has a title: 'The Force Awakens'

By Anthony Breznican on Nov 6, 2014 at 12:00PM twitter-bird-16x16.png@breznican

star-wars-force-awakens_612x380.jpg

If you feel a disturbance in the Force, it’s millions of voices suddenly crying out the new title of Star Wars: Episode VIIThe Force Awakens.

The reveal comes as the movie finishes its final day of shooting (with many more months of post-production to come.)

The cast and crew of the J.J. Abrams film already celebrated their wrap party last weekend, although sources told EW there were still a few days left before the cameras at Pinewood Studios outside London. The shoot — spanning from the deserts of Abu Dhabi to the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire, England — was anything but smooth, having been thrown into crisis after Han Solo himself, Harrison Ford, broke his leg on set in an accident involving a falling door on the Millennium Falcon.

The set was also plagued by spoiler leaks — or was it? The flow of rumors and apparent concept images has been non-stop, but how much of it is accurate remains an open question. The grapevine got the title wrong, with some fan sites such as Ain’t It Cool News grabbing headlines by reporting that it had confirmed the film would be called The Ancient Fear.

Of course, Return of the Jedi was filmed under the fake title Blue Harvest, a common technique on high profile films to remain slightly more low-key. (The Avengers, for instance, was nicknamed Group Hug.)

The new Star Wars film, which picks up three decades after the events of Return of the Jedi, is headlined by original trilogy stars Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Kenny Baker (R2-D2), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), with new additions including Lupita Nyong’o (the best supporting actress Oscar-winner from 12 Years a Slave) and Gwendoline Christie, the 6-foot-3 British actress best known as the female knight Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones.

Other new additions include Adam Driver (Girls), Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis), John Boyega (Attack the Block), newcomer Daisy Ridley, performance-capture maestro Andy Serkis (Rise of the Planet of the Apes), Domhnall Gleeson (About Time), and the imperious Max von Sydow from The Exorcist.

Hype is already underway. C-3PO star Daniels recently tweeted this expectation-setter:

"Anthony Daniels @ADaniels3PO Follow

"No movie sequel is better than The Empire Strikes Back." You might eat those words for Xmas dinner in 2015. Joy & Indigestion to the world!"

Episode VII, er … The Force Awakens, produced by Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and veteran Abrams collaborator Bryan Burke,  is set for release Dec. 18, 2015.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/11/06/star-wars-episode-vii-breaking/

• 2 weeks later...

I need someone to explain it to me. I am not on the same geek level with you guys.

And, is there going to be a real trailer shown with the new Hunger Games movie?

TCD

I have no idea on if a real trailer will be shown with the new Hunger Games movie. 

Here is an explanation for being Rickrolled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling