• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DW and I were talking about booking crystal place for breakfast. We booked it for 8:35am and are just going to go straight to A & E. DD(9) over heard us and asked why we are we going to breakfast

Hey look I can diagnose Disney tech issues. Maybe they are hiring. I can fix code too. Can't write it but sure can fix it.

True.  I need to make a few more reservations and add names up to the ten maximum, and I'll be in business.   TCD

I believe that is the annual pass limit of 7 days in a 60 day period. Once you use 1 day you can make another that kind of thing. Hurts especially in your case with a. 2 week trip.

Although I though you were supposed to be able to make length of stay for your on site reservation. I wonder if your split stay is causing it issues.

I know on my account on My disney Experience it shows they will be sending me magic bands for our Fort stay and another set for our bay lake tower stay. Not sure if that makes a difference. I cant test anyting out for you though bc we are much further out than 60 days.

I think Ray had a week at Bonnet Creek followed by a week at AKL. Probably only allowing the 7 days due to that being the length of stay

I think Ray had a week at Bonnet Creek followed by a week at AKL. Probably only allowing the 7 days due to that being the length of stay

So youre saying bc Bonnet Creek is technically considered off property and he already has seven days worth of passes with the AKL reservation?

Ray-

Don't sweat it too much.

I have only been able to hold 7 days of FP+ reservations at a time, but for my two most recent day trips, I've had no problems scheduling FP+'s for whatever I want just a day or two before the visit.

As you use each of your 7 days, you get another to replace it.  So, for your two week trip, you can still make FP+ reservations a week ahead of time, one day at a time.  That will be fine.

The only FP+ that can't be had on short notice is the Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet.  From what I hear, those have to be snagged at the 60 day mark.

The FP+ spots for the parades and fireworks are only released a few days ahead of time, so those wouldn't be showing up now for you anyway.

Plus, as Devores revealed, Disney holds back FP+ spots and releases them the day before and the day of for a lot of the attractions.

Bottom line- there isn't that much benefit (if any) to holding a bunch of FP+ reservations ahead of time.

TCD

I just spent 1,:26 minutes on the phone with Disney. The problem is that there conflicting perimeters in their system. One says AP holders can only book 7-FP+ in a 60 day period. The other says that a resort guest can book them for the length of stay. So basically what Jason said.

The tech guy and guest services guy said I should be able do both and they are looking into it and are going to call me when they figure out a way to fix the problem. I'll let you know what they say and do if they call me back.

Thanks for your help.

I have an AP and a fort reservation for September. I'll be interested to see if this is fixed by then. Maybe you need to make the FP+ reservations using the Magic Band that you get with your Fort reservation & not the one you get with your AP? Not sure how you would do that.

I have an AP and a fort reservation for September. I'll be interested to see if this is fixed by then. Maybe you need to make the FP+ reservations using the Magic Band that you get with your Fort reservation & not the one you get with your AP? Not sure how you would do that.

Every MagicBand issued to a guest is the clone of the others.  Currently, they issue new MB's to resort guests, even if they have AP MB's or MB's from previous trips, but all of those MB's will show up as being issued to you on your MDE account.

So, no single guest can make separate FP+ reservations using more than one MB.

At some point, I would imagine they will stop issuing all of the extra MB's.

TCD

Just got off with Disney guest services. They told me that was the way the system is designed. AP holders are only allowed 7 FP+ in a 60 period.

So if don't use your FP+ before a resort stay. The system will limit you to just seven days.

I asked what would happen if I stayed with a friend for two days before a 14 day resort stay and I wanted to book a FP+ the day before my arrival. He said since you booked a FP+ before your arrival you would be limited to just 7 days but if you waited to book your first FP+ till the day of your arrival you could book length of stay.

Is it just me or does this make no sense?

Just got off with Disney guest services. They told me that was the way the system is designed. AP holders are only allowed 7 FP+ in a 60 period.

So if don't use your FP+ before a resort stay. The system will limit you to just seven days.

I asked what would happen if I stayed with a friend for two days before a 14 day resort stay and I wanted to book a FP+ the day before my arrival. He said since you booked a FP+ before your arrival you would be limited to just 7 days but if you waited to book your first FP+ till the day of your arrival you could book length of stay.

Man that is poorly coded. I actually understand it. The way it is setup if when you book your first FP+ it has to be on the first day of your stay, at which point the system says ahhh you are here x number of days so you can make reservations for the same x number of days. 

However in your instance and in your example you are attempting to use it before your arrival date which kicks in the other set of parameters for FP+ on an annual pass which is 7 days in a 60 month period. 

The coding doesnt have a way to allow for both circumstances to happen as you are experiencing right now. 

But they spent a billion dolllars so this has to be good right?

I wonder what the system would do if you booked your first FP+ for the day of your arrival, thus triggering the guest scenario, and then tried to book a FP+ for the 2 days prior to your arrival date while you'll be staying with your friend. Would the system then recognize you as an AP holder & allow it or would it think, hey, this guy is a guest & he wants to book a FP+ for a date before he's even here? Bzzzt! No FP+ for you!

I wonder what the system would do if you booked your first FP+ for the day of your arrival, thus triggering the guest scenario, and then tried to book a FP+ for the 2 days prior to your arrival date while you'll be staying with your friend. Would the system then recognize you as an AP holder & allow it or would it think, hey, this guy is a guest & he wants to book a FP+ for a date before he's even here? Bzzzt! No FP+ for you!

I asked if I cancelled my FP+ and make them only for my AKV days, can I then make my FP+ reservations for those days then?

The answer was no. It only allows you to do one or the other.

Second scenario I gave them was. My company is sending me to Orlando for a weeks long meeting at an offsite hotel and I'm bringing my family. We want to make FP+ rezzies while were there.

then my brother and his family is coming for a two week vacation at the Grand Floridian and we will be arriving at the GF the same day. He is able to make FP+ for his entire two week stay but since we just moved from our offsite hotel to the GF will we also be able to make length of stay rezzies like he did?

Again, NO. We won't be able to make FP+ Rezzies for that trip till we use our first seven days of FP+ So he can make his rezzies 60 days out but we can't.

Again does this seem right to anyone?