Tthsnks. It stinks but probably doesn't rise to SMB status. Lol.

DW and I talked last night about booking breakfast at MK before rope drop and either one of is skipping breakfast and waiting in line or me woofing down breakfast and getting there before rope drop. But we both like sleep in, till at least 8:00am while vacation.

Any suggestions on a breakfast place at MK?

We've never had breakfast there.

Have you tried making an A&E FP+ reservation for one?  I've seen reports of this working-the further out the better.

As for breakfast- I can't help you there- in the past it would've been Main Street Bakery for a cinnamon roll.  Can't do that anymore.  Now, I'll eat before I get there.

You're going to need to make a reservation for pre-park opening.  I think that means either Crystal Palace or the castle.

TCD

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DW and I were talking about booking crystal place for breakfast. We booked it for 8:35am and are just going to go straight to A & E. DD(9) over heard us and asked why we are we going to breakfast

Hey look I can diagnose Disney tech issues. Maybe they are hiring. I can fix code too. Can't write it but sure can fix it.

True.  I need to make a few more reservations and add names up to the ten maximum, and I'll be in business.   TCD

And I had no idea what A&E stood for tv wise

Don't feel bad, there hasn't been much in the way of Arts or Entertainment on that channel in quite some time.

The bulk of their programming now seems to be comprised of Parking Wars, Shipping Wars, Storage Wars, and now spinoffs of the characters on Storage Wars...

We always do breakfast at the Crystal Palace. I would eat & run

If it is really, really important to see Anna and Elsa, I would make the ADR just for one adult and the kid, and skip the breakfast and go straight to the queue.   You're paying 20 bucks to not stand in line for hours.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

if you actually eat, you will be wolfing down your food, and people will be getting in front of you in the line the whole time you do.

TCD

Andrew, let's make this easy on Ray.  You already know about my offer to dress as Elsa and do a meet and greet.  If you'll get an Anna dress, we could make lots of kids very happy.  And probably make some money off of the desperate parents. 

Of course, we'd also probably get slapped with a lifetime ban from Disney.  I think I could live with that. 

If it is really, really important to see Anna and Elsa, I would make the ADR just for one adult and the kid, and skip the breakfast and go straight to the queue.   You're paying 20 bucks to not stand in line for hours.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

TCD

But do they check before you go into the park as to how many names are on the reservation?

Andrew, let's make this easy on Ray.  You already know about my offer to dress as Elsa and do a meet and greet.  If you'll get an Anna dress, we could make lots of kids very happy.  And probably make some money off of the desperate parents. 

Of course, we'd also probably get slapped with a lifetime ban from Disney.  I think I could live with that. 

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.

I do not want to think of you in a dress.  I've already seen you in a wig, and that has had a lasting effect.  And not a good one.

But do they check before you go into the park as to how many names are on the reservation?

Absolutely-that's why I said just make the ADR for two, and only two go in.  The adult and kid who wants to meet the princesses.  Every no show costs $10. The rest of the party can meet up with them later.

TCD

But just as an FYI, those ADRs are hard to get and usually taken at the 180 day mark. 

Oh.

Probably even harder to get now that the word is out that they provide a head start to the A&E line.

I've already reported on what happened to us coming in with the regular rope drop crowd.  We found a 5 hour and 20 minute line at 9:15 am.  No doubt everyone in front of us had done the skip the breakfast ADR trick.

TCD

Is this some kind of joke?

They are the stars of the Disney movie Frozen.

You know, the highest grossing animated movie ever?

TCD

No joke. I haven't seen Frozen yet. No granddaughters to keep me up to date on the princess front.  I did get sprinkled with  :fairydust:

though at DTD last year. We're taking our niece to the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall & Cinderella's Royal Table when we're at the Fort in October so maybe I'll see one of them.

No joke. I haven't seen Frozen yet. No granddaughters to keep me up to date on the princess front.  I did get sprinkled with  :fairydust:

though at DTD last year. We're taking our niece to the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall & Cinderella's Royal Table when we're at the Fort in October so maybe I'll see one of them.

I don't know how old your niece is, but if she wants to meet the Frozen princesses, they aren't at the meals.  At least not for now.

They only meet in Princess Fairytale Hall at the Magic Kingdom.  Wait times have been hours and hours.  If you're a resort guest and already have park admission, you can book a FP+ to meet them 60 days in advance of your visit.  If you want to be a hero to your niece, put that date on your calendar.

TCD

I don't know how old your niece is, but if she wants to meet the Frozen princesses, they aren't at the meals.  At least not for now.

They only meet in Princess Fairytale Hall at the Magic Kingdom.  Wait times have been hours and hours.  If you're a resort guest and already have park admission, you can book a FP+ to meet them 60 days in advance of your visit.  If you want to be a hero to your niece, put that date on your calendar.

TCD

Thanks for the tip. She's 18 now & hasn't been to WDW since we brought her 10 years ago but she & her mom want to do the girly stuff. I'll check with her.  One question though: the DW & I have APs. Will we have the same problem getting FP+s more than 7 days beyond our arrival date like the OP? My SiL & niece are joining the DW & me after the initial 7 days of our 22 night stay at the Fort.

Thanks for the tip. She's 18 now & hasn't been to WDW since we brought her 10 years ago but she & her mom want to do the girly stuff. I'll check with her.  One question though: the DW & I have APs. Will we have the same problem getting FP+s more than 7 days beyond our arrival date like the OP? My SiL & niece are joining the DW & me after the initial 7 days of our 22 night stay at the Fort.

As long as you have a stay booked you can get the length of stay for that. The OP has a split stay starting offsite. 

And you will be able to make them starting 60 days out. You can only hold 7 days worth in a 60 day period if not staying onsite. 

Unfortunately Ray has a set of circumstances that Disney didn't code for as it is probably not something that happens as often. 

Hey Ray book a partial site for that week make your FP+ and cancel. I wonder if the FP+ would stay active. 

She's probably going to want to meet Anna and Elsa.  You can be the cool uncle and make that happen with FP+'s.

As far as I can see, you will only be allowed to hold FP+'s for 7 days at a time.  As you use each day, you can book another.  If you're a WDW resort guest, you can book your FP+'s 60 days in advance.  If not, you're limited to 30 days in advance.

A guest must have a ticket or pass in order to book FP+'s.  So even if you have your niece and SIL on your reservation,they must have a ticket or pass in order for you to book FP+'s for them.

TCD

She's probably going to want to meet Anna and Elsa.  You can be the cool uncle and make that happen with FP+'s.

As far as I can see, you will only be allowed to hold FP+'s for 7 days at a time.  As you use each day, you can book another.  If you're a WDW resort guest, you can book your FP+'s 60 days in advance.  If not, you're limited to 30 days in advance.

A guest must have a ticket or pass in order to book FP+'s.  So even if you have your niece and SIL on your reservation,they must have a ticket or pass in order for you to book FP+'s for them.

TCD

If they are staying at the Fort though they should be able to make 22 days worth of FP+ reservations. Length of stay and all that jazz. The family joining would be limited to their ticket length. 

Oh.

Probably even harder to get now that the word is out that they provide a head start to the A&E line.

I've already reported on what happened to us coming in with the regular rope drop crowd.  We found a 5 hour and 20 minute line at 9:15 am.  No doubt everyone in front of us had done the skip the breakfast ADR trick.

TCD

If that many people are skipping their breakfast ADR and are ok with paying the fee to do that, what does that mean for the restaurants?  I have to believe they are preparing way too much food and have lots of empty tables.  Do you all think that is really THAT rampant? 

If they are staying at the Fort though they should be able to make 22 days worth of FP+ reservations. Length of stay and all that jazz. The family joining would be limited to their ticket length. 

Then what was Ray whining about?

I thought he was complaining that AP holders can't get more than 7 days of FP+ reservations even if they had a longer resort reservation.

If that many people are skipping their breakfast ADR and are ok with paying the fee to do that, what does that mean for the restaurants?  I have to believe they are preparing way too much food and have lots of empty tables.  Do you all think that is really THAT rampant? 

I don't know.  I just know what I saw the one morning I was there at rope drop, and headed straight back to the Fairytale Hall.

Maybe those people all ate fast and then got in line ahead of me.

You're right, if Disney was loosing money because of this practice, they would be doing something about it.

TCD

Then what was Ray whining about?

I thought he was complaining that AP holders can't get more than 7 days of FP+ reservations even if they had a longer resort reservation.

TCD

Ray's problem is occurring because his first week he is staying at this timeshare at Bonnet Creek and the second week he is staying at AKL. 

Clearly if he would just have given all his money to Disney in the first place he would have been all set. 

For the record though it sucks and there should be a way to make that work. The resort stay should be a separate thing from the 7 days in 60 issue. 

Is Disney letting people with A + E FP+ in early? Or possibly letting people make them for before park opening? probably no on both but With the amount of money they would be losing you would think they would rope off access to "encourage" going to your breakfast ressie. 

Ray's problem is occurring because his first week he is staying at this timeshare at Bonnet Creek and the second week he is staying at AKL. 

Clearly if he would just have given all his money to Disney in the first place he would have been all set. 

For the record though it sucks and there should be a way to make that work. The resort stay should be a separate thing from the 7 days in 60 issue. 

I see.

He is being treated like an off-site guest.  Which he is for half of his trip.

Disney's parks.

Disney's rules.

Give them all your money and they'll deal.

Is Disney letting people with A + E FP+ in early? Or possibly letting people make them for before park opening? probably no on both but With the amount of money they would be losing you would think they would rope off access to "encourage" going to your breakfast ressie. 

The day I went (Sunday April 27), we entered the park right as the countdown from the opening show finished and walked swiftly back through the castle. The line for A&E was already stopped in the castle itself.  It was like 8:57 am at that time.

We were then lead around the carousel and into the queue. 

There were no FP+ guests entering the FP queue until about 9:15 am.

When we gave up on this little experiment, the standby time was posted as 320 minutes at 9:20 am.  That's 5 hours and 20 minutes.

TCD

I just did a very unscientific study & found that only 4 days out of the 24 we'll be there in Sept/Oct with ADR times at the Crystal Palace prior to 9 AM. Every day had available times at 9 AM or later. I realize the early times are going to go first & the Crystal Palace has a popular character breakfast.

I hope this is the case. Maybe they'll get this bug out of the system soon (if Disney considers it a bug.)

I just did a very unscientific study & found that only 4 days out of the 24 we'll be there in Sept/Oct with ADR times at the Crystal Palace prior to 9 AM. Every day had available times at 9 AM or later. I realize the early times are going to go first & the Crystal Palace has a popular character breakfast.

I hope this is the case. Maybe they'll get this bug out of the system soon (if Disney considers it a bug.)

It's always been a popular spot for breakfast and being well inside the 180 day window I am not surprised.