Probably no surprise that eventually Disney was going to need to update the Soarin' movie, but "word on the street" is that filming has already begun.  Apparently a flyover over Epcot has already been filmed, and word has it that Florida and WDW will be in the new movie.

No word yet when the movie will be completed and hit the attraction.

Stay tuned!  :)

Let's hope that this time it's not really being "filmed"... It really needs to get upgraded to digital projection so we don't end up in the same place in 10 years. Maybe even 3D?

Today when the word "filmed" is used, I take it to mean "captured".

And if for some reason they're using film to capture the images, it would be really, really, really, stupid for Disney not to re-mastered it into digital form for digital projection, and it better be 3d.

I love Soarin' , but can see the need for an upgrade in the film.  I am going to be the dissenter on 3D - I am not fond of the glasses and I have a kid that just won't wear them.  He sat through the Toy Story 1&2 3D double feature watching the blurry screen.....

Today when the word "filmed" is used, I take it to mean "captured".

And if for some reason they're using film to capture the images, it would be really, really, really, stupid for Disney not to re-mastered it into digital form for digital projection, and it better be 3d.

Agreed, but at the same time the vast majority of the projectors used at Epcot are film projectors, at least the last time I saw them: Energy, Soarin', Canada, France, China, Norway all had pretty painfully bad film prints. So what I was saying is that I hope they don't cheap out and just replace the film but actually upgrade the projectors, too. (In other words I wasn't merely making snippy wordplay, not that I'm above that).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love Soarin' , but can see the need for an upgrade in the film.  I am going to be the dissenter on 3D - I am not fond of the glasses and I have a kid that just won't wear them.  He sat through the Toy Story 1&2 3D double feature watching the blurry screen.....

Sorry Kadancer, but 3D will be the standard.

Agreed, but at the same time the vast majority of the projectors used at Epcot are film projectors, at least the last time I saw them

True, and all those need to be updated ASAP.

It's appalling and Disney should be embarrassed that they haven't kept up with projection technology. What are they waiting for?

I think high quality non 3D would be perfect.

I agree that 3D will be the standard - guess we'll just keep working on the glasses...

I agree 100% with both of you. And Lou.

I love Muppet Vision 3D, It a Tough Being a Bug, and Soar'in.

I don't think Soar'in needs to be in 3D but if they make it 3D maybe they'll make one screen 3D and one the Original.