A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

Yep, I knew it was vegetarian offering at the Scotland kiosk and wondered how it would taste.   As I said, it tasted really good and so did the companion vegies. 

Whitney, do you know why it is called a haggis?  Is that a Scottish style of a hash and is made in various fashions? 

I always thought the haggis is made with the innards of sheep plus other things, maybe grains?  I asked at the cash register and was told it is full of grains.

I actually googled the veggie haggis before we went. I found basically 1 recipe for it.

Totally non traditional! Which is ok because I don't think I could eat the real stuff.

So i never shared on here what my costume for the MNSSHP ended up being/looking like. I decided to try and go as the most annoying tourist possible. My original flag for this didnt pan out so I improvised. I wasnt about to bring my good tablet to I made one. Here you go TCD. 

10672263_10203618213068997_3201840618177

10653321_10203618213309003_6406527281950

I forgot to pack my Sandals to wear with my socks but I think my feet conspired against that. 

I should add that a lot of CM's loved this costume. They would look at me trying to figure out what it was and then see the flag and the iAnnoy and crack up laughing. 

LOL!

That is brilliant! 

Good job.

I love the homemade tablet.

Oh and here is Sil's costume. 

IMG_0282_zps16267036.jpg

Great costume!

She's Esmeralda, right?

What night did y'all go to the MNSSHP?  It looks like a rainy night.  The twins went to one on a rainy night.

I guess it's a good thing you can't drink on Main Street.

g2CAhCw.jpg

Very good.

You're right, it's a good thing there's no drinking in the MK.  Nobody would be able to get up off the curb.

I actually googled the veggie haggis before we went. I found basically 1 recipe for it.

Totally non traditional! Which is ok because I don't think I could eat the real stuff.

I think I would try real haggis if I ever had the chance.  Just to say I did.

TCD

You missed the twins by three days-they went on the 23rd. Which was a very rainy night.

Sil did great with her costume! You should have been Quasimodo.

TCD

We talked about that but I didn't feel like walking all hunched over which would be very bad for my already bad back.

The annoying tourist popped into my head and cost me almost nothing to do.

Since this week is about to get a bit crazy for me, I am going to post a second update today.  These photos need to be enjoyed before Halloween arrives, and it looks like I won't get a chance to post an update tomorrow. Twin #2 has the day off, and we need to go to Tallahassee to find her an apartment for when this new era comes to a screeching halt in January. Apartment hunting is always fun.  If all goes according to plan, we will be back on track for Thursday, and I'll finish up with the photos from October 16, and then we can move on to the photos from last week from where I got to go someplace where most of you never will.  Don't worry, I have photos.

For now, it's still the afternoon of October 16, and we are doing some people watching on Main Street.

This family was good.  They dressed as characters from the movie Ratatouille (thank goodness spell check knows that one).  You can see that the little kid has a Remy costume on (that's the name of the rat. Don't call him Ratatouille), and it looks like the dad is dressed as the restaurant critic:

101614248_zps95c352cb.jpg

The girls finally emerged from the Emporium, and we were able to move down the street to what I thought would be a better location to get photos, but wouldn't you know it that another balloon salesperson was there to?  The couple on the other side of the balloons had some kind of costumes on that involved shoulder/messenger bags, but that's about all we can see of them:

101614249_zpscf8f6aca.jpg

Hey- and look there in that last photo- it's an actual child in a Cinderella dress.  Not Elsa.  You go girl!

Here comes that Ratatouille family again:

101614250_zpsc3b3f9dd.jpg

Look across the street there- there are three girls dressed as the fairies from Sleeping Beauty.  You know, the ones that have segways under their dresses?  But these girls were on foot:

101614251_zpsd10c04fd.jpg

I also see a penguin there on the other side of the girls. The lady pushing the stroller ahead of the penguin is also in a costume, but I don't know what she's supposed to be.

This spot ended up being too congested for me to see anything clearly.  We needed to move a bit closer to the castle:

101614252_zps888918d8.jpg

OK, here's a place where guests were lining up to get photopass photos.  Let's see what we have here- looks like some kind of female superheroes there on the left, and they're not Wonder Women! That's good.  And then on the right, we have Spiderman, Rapunzel, Belle, and a guy in a suit with a red balloon.  Who is he supposed to be?:

101614253_zpsbcd4cb32.jpg

We need to take a closer look at those female super heroes.  Oh, one is a female Captain America. Is there any such thing?  And the other one, I don't know.  But, at least she's not Wonder Woman. Or Elsa:

mscaptamerica_zpsb4b9fd80.jpg

The line for photos was getting long:

101614254_zps97ef51f0.jpg

Let's take a closer look at the guy in the suit.  Who is he?:

photopassline_zps9a75f9d7.jpg

Is he supposed to be Karl from UP!?  Is that why he has a balloon?  But, if he is, how about some white hair and a walker?  If you're going to do it, do it right, man.

Hey look at that.  A dog in a stroller!:

101614255_zpse0a228a1.jpg

He has a vest on, so that makes it OK.

From here, we left Main Street and visited Twin #1 at the Tiki Room.  We got to see her do her spiel, and then headed off to ride the Mine Train again.

And, here we are, looking at the squid weathervane:

101614257_zps738d5b45.jpg

We didn't get front this time, but we were close:

101614258_zps89d6d7dd.jpg

Now that it was well past 4, guests in costumes were all over the park. Like this sumo wrestler at the Mine Train exit. Who thought that costume was a good idea?:

101614261_zps44b30241.jpg

Our plan for now was to pop over to Epcot.

So, we headed toward the exit.  We couldn't walk through the castle, so we went around the side by Sleepy Hollow. Which is good, because we ran in to a bunch of party guests over that way.

Like Mary Poppins and Bert (I presume) :

101614262_zpsffbb89c0.jpg

And Buzz and Jessie:

101614263_zps6df1dfbd.jpg

I assume these chimney sweeps belong with Mary and Bert:

101614264_zps023bf292.jpg

The sun was setting, so the lighting was low, and I was walking when I snapped this blurry photo of Miss Piggy and Kermit. Which is too bad, because the costumes were awesome:

101614265_zps344b393c.jpg

Down Main Street, we ran into Princess Leia and Han (he was dressed as a stormtrooper?) :

101614266_zps82a59662.jpg

Some more Incredibles:

101614267_zps692ec7b4.jpg

Now here's something.

Ariel and a pirate:

101614268_zps0f0ffa84.jpg

We need a closer look at this one. This lady has on no body suit.  And just a regular bikini top. No seashells.  Sorry, but that doesn't cut it. She did have a Flounder, though:

arielandflounder_zps7010e5e1.jpg

There's a kid over there with a box on his head. I saw a kid like that last year, and had no idea what he was up to.  Twin #2 says this is from a video game called Minecraft:

101614269_zps38e83419.jpg

Oh.

Here we go.

Maleficent in a skin tight leather suit. Complete with wings.  What's up with the glasses though?:

101614270_zpsf59a361d.jpg

And, right behind Maleficent is Daisy Duck and a Chef?  What's going on there?  Why the Chef?

All I can say about this Jasmine is WOW!:

101614271_zps95329507.jpg

Now, that is something.

But, I better not say anything more about her.

This is a family board and all.

Check out this next group.  We have a grandpa dressed as a toy soldier, and a lady in a pink wig with a sign that says "HELP!"  What's that all about?:

101614272_zps7b472d8d.jpg

Look again- they are dressed in costumes based on the Small World ride:

101614273_zpsa17efdda.jpg

Let's take a closer look at the details in the costumes that group is wearing:

smallworld_zps3941acc3.jpg

Just look at that.

And check out the dress on this lady- she has Small World dolls decorating it.  What I don't know is what the guy in the green has on his hat, or what he's supposed to be:

smallworld2_zps8c9b5f00.jpg

Here's one last shot of that group. Note the hat on the lady behind the toy soldier:

101614274_zps66a482ce.jpg

Uh oh.  Here comes another group of minions.  As I said earlier, if I was in charge, I wouldn't allow guests dressed in costumes from non-Disney movies in.  Take that stuff down the road to Uni:

101614275_zpsde3417ca.jpg

Well, that's as far as we can go with this update.

You'll have to wait until Thursday for the next one.

Which will have some more cool and interesting Halloween costumes.

Just in time.

TCD

I understand.

I wouldn't want to be Quasimodo either. Your costume was very fun, and also must have been comfortable.

TCD

The fact that I was comfortable was the biggest selling point. After seeing the pics you have posted I knew I wanted something I wouldn't even think twice about wearing.

101614251_zpsd10c04fd.jpg

I also see a penguin there on the other side of the girls. The lady pushing the stroller ahead of the penguin is also in a costume, but I don't know what she's supposed to be.

Based on her hat I'm guessing she's Marry Poppins.

We need to take a closer look at those female super heroes.  Oh, one is a female Captain America. Is there any such thing?  And the other one, I don't know.  But, at least she's not Wonder Woman. Or Elsa:

mscaptamerica_zpsb4b9fd80.jpg

The line for photos was getting long:

Let's take a closer look at the guy in the suit.  Who is he?:

photopassline_zps9a75f9d7.jpg

Check out this picture of Miss Captain America and the other super hero, you can see her Iron Man Mask, I guess she's a female Iron Man.

Also it looks like her friend has a big green hand so I guess she's The Hulk.

Is he supposed to be Karl from UP!?  Is that why he has a balloon?  But, if he is, how about some white hair and a walker?  If you're going to do it, do it right, man.

Hey look at that.  A dog in a stroller!:

101614255_zpse0a228a1.jpg

He has a vest on, so that makes it OK.

TCD

Is it just me or has the dog thing gotten out of hand. We had a lady on our cruise with "certified" chow once.

Oh and those Small World costumes were crazy, you know that took a lot of time and work.

WBI

The fact that I was comfortable was the biggest selling point. After seeing the pics you have posted I knew I wanted something I wouldn't even think twice about wearing.

Well, you did a good job. I'm sure the CM's there enjoyed it most of all.

Based on her hat I'm guessing she's Marry Poppins.

That makes sense. And that penguin was probably with her!

Check out this picture of Miss Captain America and the other super hero, you can see her Iron Man Mask, I guess she's a female Iron Man.

Also it looks like her friend has a big green hand so I guess she's The Hulk.

That's it. A female Iron Man. I like those costumes. At least those are Marvel characters. Unlike that Wonder Woman person.

Is it just me or has the dog thing gotten out of hand. We had a lady on our cruise with "certified" chow once.

I don't know. I give those folks the benefit of the doubt. I know that not all special needs are apparent.

Oh and those Small World costumes were crazy, you know that took a lot of time and work.

Yes. Those costumes were something else. They had to be all handmade. You can't buy anything like that in a store. It's amazing the trouble people go to to dress up for a theme park party.

The sun was setting, so the lighting was low, and I was walking when I snapped this blurry photo of Miss Piggy and Kermit. Which is too bad, because the costumes were awesome

I think they are Princess Peach and Yoshi..

Who?

I had to Google, and I think you're 100% correct.

In my defense:

A. The sun was in my eyes.

and

B. I have never heard of Princess Peach. Or Yogi. I mean Yoshi.

And speaking of TV shows I've never seen, the TCD girls told me that these girls were dressed as the The 7D version of the seven dwarfs. What? :

7D_zpse34e93a2.jpg

The 7D?

Yeah, it's a show:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2219622/

It's on Disney Junior.

Which apparently is a cable channel.

Is that where I would see Princess Peach and Yogi?

TCD

WBI

I agree with the "service dog" thing getting out of hand. I have been seeing a lot of them in the grocery stores.  There was one in Walmart the other day that barked just about the entire time it was in the store and I saw it snapping at anyone who got near.  It was down in the shopping cart with the guys fresh produce jumping all over the place.  It didn't have on a service dog vest.  No way this was a trained service dog.  I give people a pass at most locations but I don't want to deal with a dog in the grocery store or a restaurant.   

Princess peach and Yoshi (not yogi!) are from Mario brothers! No Nintendo in your house?

No Nintendo in our house.  Except for a Wii.  We are not video game people.  It wasn't really a thing when I was a kid.  I'm from the pinball era.  I was in college by the time video games became popular. And the drinking age was 18 then.  I wasn't going to be hanging out at some arcade when I could go to bars.  My girls used to play with Mario Kart and then all of the various dance games on the Wii.  But, no Princess Peach or Yogi in our house. 

I agree with the "service dog" thing getting out of hand. I have been seeing a lot of them in the grocery stores.  There was one in Walmart the other day that barked just about the entire time it was in the store and I saw it snapping at anyone who got near.  It was down in the shopping cart with the guys fresh produce jumping all over the place.  It didn't have on a service dog vest.  No way this was a trained service dog.  I give people a pass at most locations but I don't want to deal with a dog in the grocery store or a restaurant.   

Whenever I have to go to Walmart, I feel like snapping at anyone who gets near.  So, I'm on the dog's side here.

I always enjoy the costume pics.

I like the minions, but not at WDW.

You are in a wonder woman drought now.

Yeah, there definitely were fewer Wonder Women for this MNSSHP.  But, there were a few.  Including one whom you will see in the next update.

Which is coming right up.

TCD

I don't get why people do the super elaborate costumes but then don't stick with a theme. If you go to all that trouble, the group or couple should match. 

I agree- my favorites are families who all coordinate their costumes.

But, I'm sure there are times when someone rebels and refuses to be Olaf or Sven.  And that is OK too.

TCD

Here it is.

Halloween Eve.

Time to post the rest of the MNSSHP photos from 10/16.  I wasn't sure at the time, but that is the last MNSSHP night I will be at the MK this season.  I didn't get to as many as I wanted to,  And, I never got to a MNSSHP itself this year.  Which is a big fail, since there were nights that the TCD girls were able to bring guests with discounted tickets.  The TCD twins got to go as guests once, and have worked the parties many times in various roles, so that is good for them.  All is not lost for me. There are discounted tickets for the MVMCP too.  And, we did snag some of those. For the whole family.  Even Mrs. TCD.  So, we have that to look forward to during this Shining New Era.  But, that's yet to come.

For now, it's still the early evening of October 16, and we are on Main Street watching the party guests enter the park.

As promised, here's one more Wonder Woman:

101614276_zpsf5217675.jpg

You can see in that photo that Bat Man and Superman are ahead of the girls. The girls formed a pack of female superheroes.  I'm not sure if Princess Leia fits within that definition, but why not?:

supergirls_zps333ebfc9.jpg

I'm not going to lie- I like Robin as a female better than I like him as a male.

Is this Jessica Rabbit?  Then who's the dude?:

101614277_zps601e4650.jpg

Maybe those two are Nintendo characters?

Here comes a witch, followed by Woody and Buzz, and some fairies:

101614278_zpsdc0627db.jpg

I think the lady in the green dress is Tinkerbelle, but what about the lady to the left of her in the photo?  The one with the t-shirt?  The t-shirt looks like it was made by the same company who made Woody's t-shirt, but I don't think she's Jessie.  So, who is she?:

tinkandco_zps470b3732.jpg

And, check out grandma in that last photo- she looks a bit grumpy about being stuck pushing the stroller. Plus, I think she wishes that she had a Wonder Woman costume instead of whatever that is she is wearing.

As long as we are taking a closer look at that last photo, let's pan a bit to the right- there's a cool costume over here you may have missed:

gepetto_zps5743da68.jpg

Do you see that Geppetto?  That's a good costume.  I'm not sure why the kid in the stroller has a mini umbrella.  I don't remember Pinocchio having one.

And, still in that same photo, panning all the way to the right, we can see this awesome fairy.  I think she is one of Tinkerbell's friends, but I can't tell you which one.  Also, look there in the back of the photo- it's Elvis and maybe another Kevin (the bird from UP!) :

elvis_zps9d56e011.jpg

As you can see from just taking a closer look at that one photo, a lot was happening here as guests came streaming in.  There goes a Gaston, and we can still see Geppetto and Grumpy Grandma:

101614280_zpsd0774ec6.jpg

It was past 6 by now, and we needed to get going.

As I mentioned, the original plan was to head to Epcot.  We hadn't eaten since our late breakfast at Trail's End, and it would be a beautiful night to walk around the Food and Wine Festival booths and try a few of the offerings.

But, as we talked through this, we all decided to skip Epcot today.  My oldest daughter and I still had to drive home, and we decided it would be better to hit a resort quick serve for dinner and then be on our way.

So the Epcot visit got scrubbed.

Instead, we decided to head back to the car, and then head to Port Orleans French Quarter for dinner.  If it seems like we've been going there a lot lately, you're right.

As we exited the MK, we could see that the Fort boat dock was packed.  A boat had just left, but there was still a large group waiting.  It can be like that on party nights. I think they steal our boats and use them for the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, and the Fort guests get screwed.  Nothing new.

So, we instead headed to the WL bus stop, where no one was waiting.

As we waited for the bus, we could see guests walking along the path that goes to the Contemporary Resort.

There was a family across the way who was egging their kid on to run up the grass hill there:

101614282_zps2ba1282b.jpg

101614283_zpsbc34e84c.jpg

I'm not sure what was going on there, but we could hear the mom yelling at the kid- not to get off the grass- but directing him how to pose for photos.  It looks like the kid had a couple of lightning bolts.  Is he Thor?  Too bad his mom is a big dummy:

101614285_zps8a8bc1e7.jpg

The WL bus showed up in just a couple of minutes, and we took that to the Lodge.  The Fort bus showed up just a few more minutes later, and we were on our way. I'm sure those poor guests we saw at the boat dock were still standing there at this point.  At the Fort, our bus became an Outpost Yellow bus, and we drove right past the dog park. It was pretty busy for a Thursday night:

101614286_zpsbb692d68.jpg

Here's the swamp across from the 1400 loop, as seen from the bus. It looked better in person in the low light of sunset:

101614287_zps00186ba6.jpg

The other sight we saw from the bus is something that I reported in another thread.  They have installed a couple of cell phone towers just at the edge of the woods that you can see from Fort Wilderness Trail, right around the unhitch area:

101614288_zps213ebf64.jpg

101614289_zps50110f85.jpg

I do not like seeing these there at all.

From here, we retrieved the car, and headed over to Port Orleans French Quarter.  I am sorry, but I have no photos from there.  You've seen plenty though.  We dined on fine southern food under the watchful eyes of giant Mardi Gras floats.

Then we brought Twin #2 back to her apartment.

And we split.

That's all for October 16th.

I didn't know it at the time, but I would be summoned back for something important just the next week.

As in Thursday, October 23.

As in a week ago.

The twins needed my help with something.

So I went.

TCD

I didn't know it at the time, but I would be summoned back for something important just the next week.

As in Thursday, October 23.

As in a week ago.

The twins needed my help with something.

So I went.

TCD

At this point, wouldn't it be cheaper for you to just become a long term resident at the Fort and live in your pop up?