A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

We need a new, new era.

Well, it looks like your wish is going to come true.

A few weeks ago, applications came out for the Fall DCP programs at Disneyland and Disney World.

The TCD twins applied on the first day.

They made it right through the Web Based Interview stage, and had their phone interviews within a day of each other.

Then they waited to hear.

On pins and needles, I might add.

They started announcing acceptances to the WDW program two days ago.

Nothing.

They started announcing acceptances to the Disneyland program yesterday.

There were a lot of disappointed college kids.

After all, they only take around 500 students each semester in Disneyland.

Compared to around 5000 at WDW.

So the odds weren't in the twins favor.

Which makes it super good news that they both got accepted!

And to their first choice of roles.  Twin #1 will be back in attractions, and Twin #2 will be back in merchandise.

A new new era is on the way!

And it already looks shinier than the last one.

We have to wait until August for it, though.

Which gives us plenty of time to plan the cross-country road trip.

TCD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

Here's one more photo that needs to be shared.

From the twins' final MK visit last Sunday night:

castle1_zpsc219c3ca.jpg

I missed this when you posted it. That is one spectacular photo! This is the kind you use a photo to canvas joint and hang it on the wall.

That's awesome!  Congrats to the twins!

By the way I fully agree with you about them experiencing as much as they can now.  I was like you and went straight through college then on to start my career.  I wish I would have taken advantage of all the different programs when I had the chance. 

WBI

That's awesome!  Congrats to the twins!

By the way I fully agree with you about them experiencing as much as they can now.  I was like you and went straight through college then on to start my career.  I wish I would have taken advantage of all the different programs when I had the chance. 

WBI

I was the same way.

Congratulations to the twins on their newest adventure.

Which makes it super good news that they both got accepted!

And to their first choice of roles.  Twin #1 will be back in attractions, and Twin #2 will be back in merchandise.

A new new era is on the way!

And it already looks shinier than the last one.

We have to wait until August for it, though.

Which gives us plenty of time to plan the cross-country road trip.

TCD

Awesome news - congrats all around!!

Thank you all for the congratulations and well wishes.

The twins are super excited.  Us parents, not so much.  It was one thing with them being a few hours away and in-state at their universities.  When they did they WDW CP, they were even closer to home- less than 90 miles.  We got to spend Thanksgiving together at the Fort, and they both made it home for Christmas morning.  Now, they're going to be 2,500 miles from home, and it's not likely they will be able to travel home for the holidays.

We are glad that they will be together.  They're probably going to be roommates.  We will probably be traveling there for the holidays.  Think of the Trip Reports!

TCD

Congrats! Congrats!

Don't worry they will be fine. Besides most of my family is still in the area. Heck my older sister and BIL live in Fullerton. They sit in their backyard and watch the fireworks. You give me the word and I'll have my people there to help them.

I'm my best godfather voice. I knows people out there! They can make problems disappear! :lol:

Can't wait for the west coast TRs.

Congrats! Congrats!

Don't worry they will be fine. Besides most of my family is still in the area. Heck my older sister and BIL live in Fullerton. They sit in their backyard and watch the fireworks. You give me the word and I'll have my people there to help them.

I'm my best godfather voice. I knows people out there! They can make problems disappear! :lol:

Can't wait for the west coast TRs.

Thanks, Ray.  I may take you up on that.

I know that they'll be fine.  Their programs here passed in the blink of an eye, and I know they will there too.  Like Blake was saying above, I hope they don't get any SoCal boyfriends.

Mrs. TCD's college roommate lives close to Disneyland too, so we have that contact as well.

TCD