• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's this we stuff? Next time I see you behind a grill, I'm taking a photo with my smart phone. But Lou, you don't have one. That's right, I won't need it.

Ok, a "breakfast GG" at Carol's next time at the Fort.

So, basically, we just need to be at the Fort (when you 'all are) then follow you around and eat at everyone else's site.  Yeah... we can do that :)

We just use other grills that Fiends have :)  Lorna and Rich, Jen and Chris, and I believe Tim and Sheila all have Coleman Road Trip grills. Judy has this awesome pellet grill.

When we camp alone, we usually use the campground grill with the disposable grill grates on top of the nasty grate at the campground.

So, basically, we just need to be at the Fort (when you 'all are) then follow you around and eat at everyone else's site.  Yeah... we can do that :)

I'll never forget the pics of the guy who draped his sewer hose over the grill at the Fort.  

:barf:

Oh my... turns my stomach just reading that.  I didn't know that disposable grill covers (like Carol mentioned) even existed... but now I'm not sure if that would even do the trick.  Yuck :(

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  So...we purchased a basic cheap gas grill at Walmart ($24) and figured it would do the job, even though it very thin and flimsy and the grate made us very nervous as it was flaking paint the moment we took it out of the box (we decided to just put some foil over it).   Then, I decided to try craigslist one more time for a Weber Q and found a lady (who ended up living just 5 minutes down the road from us) selling a brand new Weber Q 100 and stand.  She wanted $200 for both, but that was way over our budget... so I offered (our max) of $100 for the grill and she accepted that plus she gave us the stand anyway! :)   Such a blessing as this Weber is made so, so, so much better!! The nice/thick grate alone made us happy.  Apparently this family purchase the grill and stand for camping a year or two ago and then sold their RV a week after the grill was delivered.

Sad for them but... yay for us  :jumpforjoy

Apparently this family purchase the grill and stand for camping a year or two ago and then sold their RV a week after the grill was delivered.

That's surprising because we are not campers, but we use it as our regular grill.

It's just the right size for us and it isn't in the way.

That's surprising because we are not campers, but we use it as our regular grill.

It's just the right size for us and it isn't in the way.

I agree.  I was surprised that they didn't pay to store their rv, rather than sell it (she said they sold it, because the HOA would not let them park it in their driveway).  I got the impression that impulse buys might be "the way they roll" ;)

I have a Weber Q with a 20' hose the I hook up to my main propane tanks

That's exactly what I do, Todd. I have an adapter on one of the tanks that allows it to be used for the grill and the trailer at the same time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a Coleman Road trip grill that I am loving so far.

I have a coleman road trip and a weber q. More times that not we take and use only the coleman.

Guys, how does the Road Trip work?

We just picked up a used one today for $80. It has 1 grill piece, 1 griddle piece, a stainless steel pot rack, and a large tank adapter hose. It has the stand also.

Anything special I need to know about it?

Guys, how does the Road Trip work?

We just picked up a used one today for $80. It has 1 grill piece, 1 griddle piece, a stainless steel pot rack, and a large tank adapter hose. It has the stand also.

Anything special I need to know about it?

It sounds like you ended up with the exact setup (and accessories) we have. I generally run mine off the 20 pound tanks and use them for anything from breakfast to dinner.