Townsend, TN - Memorial Day Grand Gathering 2014

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will add that Sheila and I had a great trip. We always enjoy getting together with the fiends. I always love getting together and laughing, eating and telling stories. Sheila's dad had a great time.

After we left the visitor center, we continued on through the driving path.   Here is another home in the park           More mountain views       Another cabin         I think we've actually

On Sunday, after a wonderful Missy breakfast, along with waffles from Live4FW, we decided to wander into Gatlinburg.  We went to a couple of Moonshine distillery's - Free Moonshine!!            

In! And maybe first?!?

Yup, you are first!

Count me in. I want to see what I missed.

You were definitely missed!

I'm here as well.

Awesome!

I'm in! Laughing at the sign!

Yes, it was funny :)

Look at that the Gettysburg gang grabs the first 3 posts, good job!!!!

You want to see how the best do GGs? ;0)

Page 1!  

You should have called the report "It's All About Bob".  But then again, every trip report could be called that.

Yeah, pithy titles aren't my thing though

I'm in.  Can't wait to hear all about it!

Thanks for reading!

We're a gang? What's our sign? A fork and knife?

Not sure I wanna know

I am in!

Yeah!

In

Thanks for reading along!!!

In.

Sorry to hear about the $100 fine......

LOL

I'm in. I can't wait to hear all the details about y'all's trip.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Thanks for reading

I'm in.

I never heard about Bob and his fine.  Now he has a sign?  It really is all about him.

He needs a sign on his dock and campsite at the Fort.

TCD

Bob definitely needs a sign

I'm in!

Love the sign!

Just a few short hours until I head that way!

Sorry we missed you!

In!

WooHoo!

We saw this sign right before we pulled out Monday.  Fail on me for not getting the photo!

Speaking of photos, where ARE your photos?

Yes but they would be dirty because it always felt like we were eating

Sounds right

Eating is what GGs are all about!

Im in too. !  On page 1 !!!!   

Last spot on page 1!

I am in!

Welcome!

But do you know the sign to get in? Apparently we Gettysburg peeps are a gang now.

I know what the sign is but this is a family forum.

As discussed earlier the sign is perfectly family friendly. You are thinking of the greeting for cranky bus drivers when they tell you to get off their lawn. 

Gettysburg peeps did a darn good job of page 1! Go us! (And pass me something to eat lol!)

OK, we now have to see this sign!!

Hey. I think there were more people than just Carol and bob. You guys start posting some pix. Iris this a Carol only TR?

Nope, it's not a Carol only TR, but a lot of folks are still there, and internet STINKS up there. Regular cell phone service was (happily) non-existent, and the Wi-Fi only worked if you stood in just the right location and held your tongue out and turned three times on one foot,

I am just making the sign up now. It would be like crossed arms with a closed hand on one side for a knife and showing 4 fingers on the other for a fork. 

Just for the record I had to be at a store house before they opened today. I havent slept even the little i usually do and am quite silly at this point. LOL

We arrived at almost 9pm on Friday evening, and as usually there was plenty of food around, so we sat down to Lorna's DF chicken, salad, and some other goodies, then set up.  Ya'll would be proud of me, took about 20 minutes to set up the bare minimum, no awnings, just put out the utilities, stabilizers, and tossed down a couple of rugs and chairs. I did put up a single EZ-UP later to have something to put the chairs under in case it rained, but this trip was about relaxing!!!

Saturday morning, some of us went to the grocery store, then spent the afternoon sitting around.

Judy had arrived right before we had on Friday night, but left a lot earlier, she said she had AWFUL traffic. We must have come through right after the traffic jams cleared.

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

TJ and Missy pulled in Saturday evening

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

On Sunday, after a wonderful Missy breakfast, along with waffles from Live4FW, we decided to wander into Gatlinburg.  We went to a couple of Moonshine distillery's - Free Moonshine!!

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

This was a silly game with a metal ring on a string, and a hook on a board mounted to a post. They wanted almost $40 for that thing, which had maybe $3 worth of parts.

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

Some more randomness around Gatlinburg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

Our 2nd distillery

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

So did you stop at the Cat's Meow before or after the moonshine consumption?  hehehe

Why are Rick and Richie wearing ponchos at the distillery?  Is there a whiskey barrel ride similar to SM?  Only you get sprayed with whiskey at the end?

All kidding aside, this looks like yet another great gathering of fun people.  And what a beautiful campground!

Free moonshine is good!

Yes it was!

I'm in! It looks like everyone is having a great time!

We had an awesome time!

Moonshine Gooood!!!

You enjoyed quite a bit of it!!!

Looks like a great time.

Moonshine!

Yummm!

I'm in, too.

All of these GG weekends seem like the greatest time.  

Someday we'll have to try to make our schedules work so we can attend one.

You really should! Lots of fun, and more Fiend Time, less wandering off on individual schedules!

So did you stop at the Cat's Meow before or after the moonshine consumption?  hehehe

Why are Rick and Richie wearing ponchos at the distillery?  Is there a whiskey barrel ride similar to SM?  Only you get sprayed with whiskey at the end?

All kidding aside, this looks like yet another great gathering of fun people.  And what a beautiful campground!

No stops, just a random picture :) There was a random rain shower while we were at Gatlinburg

Moonshine..almost as good as Pood Forn.

We were sorely slack on Pood Forn pictures

Ahhhh good ole Gatlinburg.... Myrtle Beach of the mountains! Can't wait to read more. Love this part of the country!

Lots of cheesiness in Gatlinburg

Continuing on, some were getting a bit hungry, so we stopped for a snack at Johnny Rocket's.  Were hoping for something besides a chain, but the chains have taken over:

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

Rick and Tim conned one of the servers out of their bowtie for a few minutes

IMG_3126.jpg

Now back to random pictures

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

We stopped and watched a BlueGrass band play for a little while:

IMG_3128.jpg

and Rick sang a song with them, sounded awesome!

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

The whole gang

IMG_3137.jpg

and thus ends Sunday. We went back to the campground and cooked up lots of meat on the grills and what not, sadly no Pood Forn pictures