• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I know a bunch of you Fiends are milling around the Fort with nothing better to do so... after you find out the answer to Marty's lemonade question, can somebody confirm if the magic bands are fina

1500 is effective the 23rd as well. Both automated gates switched over as of yesterday. The was a surprise, they have had notices up regarding the comfort stations, but nothing about the gates.

I am still mystified as to why they are installing the fancy light-up Mickey head scanners on the Fort Comfort Stations.   I did a little research this past weekend.   The Contemporary uses the simple

The readers at the comfort stations are really really sensitive. You only have to walk within about 3 feet of the laundry room door and it will chime and unlock if you are wearing a magic band. It does this even if you have you hands in your pockets.

Wow.  I wish the resort gates would work like that.

Are the restroom scanners the same way?

TCD

The readers at the comfort stations are really really sensitive. You only have to walk within about 3 feet of the laundry room door and it will chime and unlock if you are wearing a magic band. It does this even if you have you hands in your pockets.

Very interesting!!

These definitely aren't the same locks as the resort rooms - or at least not the same "settings."  I had to take my MB off a couple of times to get that thing lined up perfectly to work.

Wow.  I wish the resort gates would work like that.

Are the restroom scanners the same way?

TCD

The restrooms have never been locked when I have been there. I go to bed fairly early though.

Yeah, they aren't locked until midnight.

So, please set your alarm and go like at 3 am and let us know.

Thanks.

TCD

Sorry, but no.

Very interesting!!

These definitely aren't the same locks as the resort rooms - or at least not the same "settings."  I had to take my MB off a couple of times to get that thing lined up perfectly to work.

Aren't the resort doors similar to the old CS readers, or have they put Mickey Heads on the doors?

Dave- This is how all the resort room doors look.  They require the Mickey head on the MB to be tapped to the Mickey head on the door to work.  A physical tap is required, no waving:

mb%20scanner_zpszrcymlgb.jpg

TCD

Thats what the cruise line doors look like and our card had to be physically touching the pad.

Dave- This is how all the resort room doors look.  They require the Mickey head on the MB to be tapped to the Mickey head on the door to work.  A physical tap is required, no waving:

mb%20scanner_zpszrcymlgb.jpg

TCD

Those are very similar to the ones that use to be on the CS. Maybe since POP has the new Mickey Head as MO posted they are going to eventually switch them all.

Aren't the resort doors similar to the old CS readers, or have they put Mickey Heads on the doors?

The ones at POP are the Mickey Head touch points similar to the ones when you pay in the stores.

This is a "pay" reader in the store. cae2ab09a2c65b0fbb9e75f60db9aa85.jpg

Looks more like the MB scanner on the CS.3dd57d9b40fd6865810fdd5a86a2d5ba.jpg

Also new signs being added

890daca01e1887abe3e036593e410533.jpg

The ones at POP are the Mickey Head touch points similar to the ones when you pay in the stores.

Those are very similar to the ones that use to be on the CS. Maybe since POP has the new Mickey Head as MO posted they are going to eventually switch them all.

Sorry - for some reason I thought you meant the old CS card readers.

Yes, the POP rooms are the same as what TCD showed - the "flat" version of the Mickey Head touch point thingys.