• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I know a bunch of you Fiends are milling around the Fort with nothing better to do so... after you find out the answer to Marty's lemonade question, can somebody confirm if the magic bands are fina

1500 is effective the 23rd as well. Both automated gates switched over as of yesterday. The was a surprise, they have had notices up regarding the comfort stations, but nothing about the gates.

I am still mystified as to why they are installing the fancy light-up Mickey head scanners on the Fort Comfort Stations.   I did a little research this past weekend.   The Contemporary uses the simple

I wonder if Darth Vader will talk to me if I had a Star Wars Magic Band?

Might be kind of creepy at the restroom door.

TCD

We tried Becky's Olaf band at the gate and it did not say "My own personal flurry," like it does at the FP in the parks.  A little disappointing, was hoping it would.  Maybe once everything is set up they will.

I am still mystified as to why they are installing the fancy light-up Mickey head scanners on the Fort Comfort Stations.

I did a little research this past weekend.

The Contemporary uses the simple rectangular scanners that the other resorts use. The Mickey head on the MB has to be held against the Mickey head on the scanner. There's a small light that will light green or red to indicate whether or not the door unlocked:

1%2031%2015%20124_zpswe5owtwv.jpg

Guest room doors at All Star Movies operate the same way:

1%2031%2015%20155_zpsgrbvxe8h.jpg

The All Star Movies laundry room door scanner looks like what they used to use at the Fort- this works with Magic Bands. You just need to touch the scanner with the Magic Band, and the door opens:

1%2031%2015%20159_zpsf8xsyi14.jpg

Why aren't they using these same scanners at the Fort?

TCD

I heard it has something to do with the fact that you don't have a "room" at the Fort.

When guests check into resorts, they are told to use ALL of their MBs on the room door to "register" them. Then that confirms the MB to the room, and then triggers all of the ancillary scanners to recognize the MB during their stay.

Well, at the campsite we of course skip scanning the MB to a room door, so therefore they were finding it difficult to assign the MBs to the ancillary scanners such as comfort stations or the gates.

Any smart programmer, could probably work around that, and make it a command in the check-in hosts screen, but instead they are doing something else.

Not sure why there was a difference with the blank cards they were giving us........

Ok so then put Magic Band scanners at every site like at the rooms at the resorts, I mean come on Disney it's only money and look how much has been wasted I mean spent so far :rofl2:

Not sure why there was a difference with the blank cards they were giving us........

The blank cards probably were all pretty much the same with the exception of the effective dates.  It could be the data format already on the Magic Bands, and used everywhere else, made it very difficult to read into a more "generic" system.