Ok I know a bunch of you Fiends are milling around the Fort with nothing better to do so... after you find out the answer to Marty's lemonade question, can somebody confirm if the magic bands are finally working on the comfort stations or if they're stilling handing out blank KTTW cards?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I know a bunch of you Fiends are milling around the Fort with nothing better to do so... after you find out the answer to Marty's lemonade question, can somebody confirm if the magic bands are fina

1500 is effective the 23rd as well. Both automated gates switched over as of yesterday. The was a surprise, they have had notices up regarding the comfort stations, but nothing about the gates.

I am still mystified as to why they are installing the fancy light-up Mickey head scanners on the Fort Comfort Stations.   I did a little research this past weekend.   The Contemporary uses the simple

Ok I know a bunch of you Fiends are milling around the Fort with nothing better to do so... after you find out the answer to Marty's lemonade question, can somebody confirm if the magic bands are finally working on the comfort stations or if they're stilling handing out blank KTTW cards?

Excellent question!!

Ok, I know Im still a newbie, but what is a KTTW card? I just want to be sure I get one in case we need some comfort:)

We dont really camp at RV parks, primarily state parks. I assume it is like an access code for the facilities? It would be great to use the magic bands for that purpose.

No they are not. In fact they are spotty at the return gate. You are issued 2 cards ___ door keys when you check in to access the comfort station.

Thanks for the confirmation.

And phooey on Disney for not sorting this out by now. This should have been taken care of ages ago.

Have you tried your MBs on the gate by any chance?  Last I heard that was hit or miss.

Ok, I know Im still a newbie, but what is a KTTW card? I just want to be sure I get one in case we need some comfort:)

We dont really camp at RV parks, primarily state parks. I assume it is like an access code for the facilities? It would be great to use the magic bands for that purpose.

In preparation for the MagicBands, they installed electronic locks (for lack of a better term) on all the comfort stations (which house the showers, rest rooms and laundry facilities).

Unfortunately for some reason, the Fort has not yet figured out how to get the MBs to work with the locks, so they're still giving people blank KTTW cards (think hotel key cards) to access the comfort stations.

So silly.  The point of the MBs was that they were your "one stop shop" for everything.

I have a big stack of blank KTTW cards from WWW - they tried to give us one card for our entire party of 8 women. Uh... no, that won't do at all.  So they gave us 8.  Twice. 

I would love to hear the official explanation from the idiots in charge for why they can't get the MB's to work on the Comfort Station doors.

I just stayed at Port Orleans Riverside.  We did on-line check-in, and check in took less than 5 minutes.  Without any scanning or other fuss, my AP Magic Band worked on our resort room door lock and the returning guest gate.

The Fort has less "rooms" than the POR.  What's the problem?

Aside from the fact that the Fort is managed by idiots, that is.

The next time I'm at the Fort, I'm going to ask.  I'll bet the official explanation will be as amusing as the one they give for why we can't have Wi-Fi at the Fort.

TCD

The next time I'm at the Fort, I'm going to ask.  I'll bet the official explanation will be as amusing as the one they give for why we can't have Wi-Fi at the Fort.

TCD

This I want to hear!  Can't wait for the movie to come out!   :pc:

We got our first set yesterday.

So if you are staying at the Fort, the Magic Bands are just about useless, unless you are going to the Parks it sounds like.

Do the MB create problems if you resort hop?  Do you have to scan them to get access to their activities?

The grandkids love the arts and crafts at the AKL and I was wondering if you have to scan them to participate?

Gate has worked only once with the MB so far. Just got back from Kona cafe did not work this morning on the gate coming back. BTW the Poly is a wreck with the construction.

Thanks for the update!  (and yes it is - eek)

So if you are staying at the Fort, the Magic Bands are just about useless, unless you are going to the Parks it sounds like.

Unless you put charging privileges on them... yep.

Do the MB create problems if you resort hop?  Do you have to scan them to get access to their activities?

The grandkids love the arts and crafts at the AKL and I was wondering if you have to scan them to participate?

Not sure about activities.  We did resort hop with our MBs last week, and when we drove up the guard scanned ours.

I agree with you about the activities at AKL.  In the past, the activities at resorts are open to all.  I haven't heard of any changes to that policy, nor have I seen them scanning MB's for that purpose.  They certainly don't do it at the Fort for the pool or campfire activities (which I'm sure the freeloaders are glad to know).

TCD

What is this return gate y'all are taking about?

There is a gate at the back of the parking lot, so you don't have to fool with the main entrance

I never use that gate.

I'm talking about the returning guest gate next to the guard shack.

Nursemickey- if you leave the Fort via you car, and return, there is a gate next to the guard shack with an arm that will lift if you scan your KTTW card at the reader. It's quicker than stopping and showing your picture ID to the guard. The other resorts have similar set-ups, where you can just scan your Magic Band.  Not at the Fort, though. At the Fort, you need to use one of the blank KTTW cards they give to you at check-in.

TCD

On Mother's Day Weekend, my Magic Band did work at the gate next to the guard shack.  Maybe I got lucky each time.  I do notice though, that even in the resorts when the Magic Band is used as a room key, it is somewhat sensitive to positioning over the sensor.

I never use that gate.

I'm talking about the returning guest gate next to the guard shack.

I use both - depends on where I'm coming from/going to.  I'm assuming the MB results will be the same with both.

...I do notice though, that even in the resorts when the Magic Band is used as a room key, it is somewhat sensitive to positioning over the sensor.

Last week at POP you had to have the Mickey faces touching. "Close enough" didn't work.