I keep ours in a custom built three stall garage. Here is a construction picture:

toyboxfront.jpg

That was our last Fiver. It was stored in this garage the whole time we had it while not in use. When I traded it in on the new toy hauler in November, at 7 years old, the dealer asked me when I had the roof replaced and I replied "Never, that is the original roof." He stated it looked brand new. That is what keeping it protected will do. The garage was built to match the house and as it always goes, it was not built large enough. I wish it was 5 feet deeper and 10 feet wider.

Very nice garage!

We store our Fiver on my parents property about 45 minutes north of us.  It's not enclosed but it is covered and free.  The only problem is I'm supposed to build them a hay barn as payment but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

My house came with a nice pole barn shop in the back yard but of course its a couple feet to small and the ceiling is about 1ft to low.  I've thought about doing some mods to change it up but so far its not something I want to tackle.

WBI

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, when we lived in Atlanta we found the mountains of western North Carolina and decided that would be our retirement home.  So, we found 3 acres with 450' on a native trout stream and built a home

We replace the camper tires every four years, period.....   Of course, I can do that for around $200 on mine, so it's cheap insurance

I am in a rural area and land here is from $5k an acre to $15K an acre depending on how many acres and whether it is all dry or swampy. I have 67 acres, of which about 18 is high and dry to build on. My property was an inheritance and when it was bought, cost $500 per acre. The majority of the property is horse and cow pasture along with a 4 acre pond.

That's how it is where I keep our trailer.

My folks actually bought their 40acres back in 2004 for $800 an acre, I tried to buy the adjacent 40 but a preservation group gobbled up it and everything else the timber company was selling before I could get it.  Of course that clear cut property but now 11 years later it's all cleaned up and ready for them to build a house.  Prices now are anywhere from $2k to $10k an acre buy them.

WBI

Dave,

$100k here will get you 30-50 acres.

I don't doubt that.  I grew up on a 300 acre farm.  My Dad sold it not too many years ago....for $1,000/acre. 

The problem is, Nashville is one of the fastest growing economies in the country, and the area we are in is where all the rich folks, including the country music people, build their estates so they can have their horses and their 30,000 sq ft houses.  The prices are jacked up.  So there's no way we can afford land in our school zone.  

Now, the old timers who owned the farms here have made out like bandits.  There was one old farmer who had his land down the road from my office....where are the office parks, hotels and such have been going in south of Nashville.  He refused to sell, but then he died and his kids sold the farm, which was around 100 acres, for an average price close to $500,000 per acre!  That math will make your head spin....and makes me wish my Dad had been a farmer around here.  LOL.  

I am in a rural area and land here is from $5k an acre to $15K an acre depending on how many acres and whether it is all dry or swampy. I have 67 acres, of which about 18 is high and dry to build on. My property was an inheritance and when it was bought, cost $500 per acre. The majority of the property is horse and cow pasture along with a 4 acre pond.

Horses, land and a place to park your RV.... that is awesome!!   

Are you happy with the cover?  Does it hold moisture in??

Extremely happy. No moisture, it is designed for the RV with "breathable" fabric and vents. I usually leave one of the sliding windows open to allow air in and out of the TT when stored, no moisture and well ventilated.

Since we just upgraded our TT to a larger one, I had to purchase bigger size, so I did not hesitate on buying the same brand. Amazon has the best prices on them of anywhere I have found.

I don't doubt that. I grew up on a 300 acre farm. My Dad sold it not too many years ago....for $1,000/acre.

The problem is, Nashville is one of the fastest growing economies in the country, and the area we are in is where all the rich folks, including the country music people, build their estates so they can have their horses and their 30,000 sq ft houses. The prices are jacked up. So there's no way we can afford land in our school zone.

Now, the old timers who owned the farms here have made out like bandits. There was one old farmer who had his land down the road from my office....where are the office parks, hotels and such have been going in south of Nashville. He refused to sell, but then he died and his kids sold the farm, which was around 100 acres, for an average price close to $500,000 per acre! That math will make your head spin....and makes me wish my Dad had been a farmer around here. LOL.

That's awesome and a shame depending on which side of the fence you're on.

Yeah, our economy is not really growing. :/

Extremely happy. No moisture, it is designed for the RV with "breathable" fabric and vents. I usually leave one of the sliding windows open to allow air in and out of the TT when stored, no moisture and well ventilated.

Since we just upgraded our TT to a larger one, I had to purchase bigger size, so I did not hesitate on buying the same brand. Amazon has the best prices on them of anywhere I have found.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I don't doubt that. I grew up on a 300 acre farm. My Dad sold it not too many years ago....for $1,000/acre.

The problem is, Nashville is one of the fastest growing economies in the country, and the area we are in is where all the rich folks, including the country music people, build their estates so they can have their horses and their 30,000 sq ft houses. The prices are jacked up. So there's no way we can afford land in our school zone.

Now, the old timers who owned the farms here have made out like bandits. There was one old farmer who had his land down the road from my office....where are the office parks, hotels and such have been going in south of Nashville. He refused to sell, but then he died and his kids sold the farm, which was around 100 acres, for an average price close to $500,000 per acre! That math will make your head spin....and makes me wish my Dad had been a farmer around here. LOL.

That's awesome and a shame depending on which side of the fence you're on.

Yeah, our economy is not really growing. :/

The problem is. ...and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I never wanted to live in Atlanta. And Nashville Is growing so fast that it's beginning to make me wonder.

Something in the concrete will leach moisture from the tires, making them dry rot more quickly.

Mmm...didn't know that.  Thanks!

No boards needed if you rotate the tires at least once a month........that implies going camping...rolling the tires down the road.....

Gotcha!

I guess I should post on topic, our trailer is small and easily stores next the the house on the level part of the driveway.  I cover it when not in use, and it is hooked into power at home so I run a little heater in it to keep it dry inside.  I've had no problems, but have thought about building a car port for it.

No boards needed if you rotate the tires at least once a month........that implies going camping...rolling the tires down the road.....

We camp somewhere at least once a month, with the exception of Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb. So maybe for those 4 months I should park on boards.

Thanks for the information. Does sealed concrete have the same leaching problem as non sealed?

In my "lower lot" (live on a hill like everyone else in East TN) - gravel drive but never covered.   That being said, after I get this beast washed and waxed I will probably buy my first cover.  24' foot wasn't too bad to wash and wax…42' is ridiculous. 

Been at the shop for past few weeks for some minor work and I can't get it home right now…..still 6" of snow in the drive…ARG!