Curious if when you store your camper, is it covered?  Tell me how and where (state) you store yours.  Originally our plan was to store our camper in the driveway with a a tarp over it... but I'm wondering, is the the tarp really necessary?  Does it provide good protection or is that protection not needed if I keep the trailer waxed and roof conditioned?

We live in Georgia...so lots of rain, sun and humidity.

Thoughts fiends?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, when we lived in Atlanta we found the mountains of western North Carolina and decided that would be our retirement home.  So, we found 3 acres with 450' on a native trout stream and built a home

We replace the camper tires every four years, period.....   Of course, I can do that for around $200 on mine, so it's cheap insurance

I have never covered any of the rv's we have owned, but if you ask my wife she will tell you that I am anal on keeping it clean and maintained. I wash and inspect the roof a few times each year and hand wax the whole unit at least once or twice a year. If you will not use it a lot a cover would be ok but get a good one, don't use the blue type tarps as I have heard they don't allow air to circulate and can be more harm then good. Not sure how hard the covers are to put on and take off something else to consider.

Nacole,  we are in central NC and store our camper in the backyard uncovered.  It does sit under the trees, so it is shaded and not in the direct sunlight.

Curious if when you store your camper, is it covered?  Tell me how and where (state) you store yours.  Originally our plan was to store our camper in the driveway with a a tarp over it... but I'm wondering, is the the tarp really necessary?  Does it provide good protection or is that protection not needed if I keep the trailer waxed and roof conditioned?

We live in Georgia...so lots of rain, sun and humidity.

Thoughts fiends?

We pay for outdoor storage a few miles up the road from the house. I don't cover ours with anything, but I try my best to keep it washed\waxed.

I can't stand to leave ours outside if we are not using it. Storing inside or under a cover definitely prolongs the life and cuts down on maintenance.

IMG_20120918_194823_zpsd929c680.jpg

JEALOUS! 

We have stored at both Three-way campers and now Allatoona Landing Marina and Campground.  We have never covered ours and it shows.  Of course, the crappy decals Keystone uses and refused to honor their responsibility for doesn't help with the appearances.

I like Allatoona because it is on pavement and I can get to it 24/7.  They do have some security but not as good as Three-Way.  I didn't like trying to get to it there after hours although I could have them pull it out for me and put in parking lot and then we could just drop in lot and they would return it to it's slot.

I would love to have I'm Down With Disney's deal......

I can't stand to leave ours outside if we are not using it. Storing inside or under a cover definitely prolongs the life and cuts down on maintenance.

Totally agree.  My last rv baked in the Texas sun while sitting in my driveway.  The new fiver has stayed in a buidling at my house when not in use since we brought it home. 

Thanks fiends.  Looks like cover if, if you have a nice bldg (or some sort of structure) to cover it.  

We are in Maryland and have to pay for a storage site that is outside. We do not cover it but I think we will start to cover the tires. We are starting to see some weather damage on them. It is a grass area.

I've seen the tire covers advertised... but it doesn't look like the cover the bottom of the tires??

Totally agree.  My last rv baked in the Texas sun while sitting in my driveway.  The new fiver has stayed in a buidling at my house when not in use since we brought it home. 

...and bake they will in the summer in Texas.

I had a cement pad added beside the driveway behind two large arborvitae.  The camper gets morning sun but is in the shade from early afternoon on.  I tried closing it up (it's a hard-sided popup) and covering it with a tarp during hail season but water got trapped between the camper and the tarp.   I only cover it now if a big hail storm is imminent.