Lake Louisa State Park, Clermont, FL

Even though we live in Clermont, my wife and I took our camper there for a nice weekend.  Given the $24 a night charge, and the proximity to Disney, I figured I'd post some pictures:

Here is the camp site itself.  The site we had was near the bath house, and had water and electric.  The bath houses were surprisingly nice and the showers large. There are several full hook up sites and the dump station is very nice and easy to use.

IMAG1536_zps1bc3b0dc.jpg

It is a decent size campground with 60 sites.

IMAG1553_zps0b0fedfb.jpg

We hiked about 8 miles, and only hit less than half of the trails.  Here are some pictures:

IMAG1548_zps515f6c99.jpg

IMAG1547_zps9d178832.jpg

IMAG1549_zps41aea542.jpg

IMAG1550_zpsa30af7da.jpg

IMAG1544_zps4d40605b.jpg

There are two lakes near the campground.  Both have nice boardwalks leading out into the lakes.

IMAG1554_zpsfc564401.jpg

IMAG1538_zpsb198c21b.jpg

IMAG1556_zpsdf6d545d.jpg

IMAG1540_zps607d5b7d.jpg

The park is a great place to stay, whether you are from the area or coming a distance.  If you have a gap to fill before or after a stay at Fort Wilderness, this is nearby and well worth the $24.

This looks really nice.  Did you by any chance take pictures of the bath houses for those of us that are definite "cupcke" campers.

No, unfortunately I did not.  The bath houses were large.  Plenty of toilets and a decent size sink area.  Each bath house had 3 showers, one was handicap and the other two were a bit bigger than the showers at the comfort stations at Fort Wilderness.  They were also clean.  All of the hot water is solar heated, and was plenty hot.  Did not run out.  There are several bath houses, so there is one convenient to every camp site.

They also have some nice cabins available as well:

IMAG1558_zps8929d428.jpg

Senior Citizen Rate is half that.  Thanks for the pictures.  It looks a lot better on the ground than it does on Google Earth.

Good point on the senior citizen rate.  We live about 10 miles from the park, and I was really pleasantly surprised at how nice it is.  We had it right in our back yard and never checked it out until now.

Do they have any sites with sewer hookups?

There are 11 sites with full hook ups.  On some weekends, they are taken, but for example, there are still a couple of full hook ups available for the last weekend in June.

• 8 months later...

How far is this property from Disney?

I commonly camp at the Thousand Trails campground 7 miles from Lake Louisa. We usually plan an hour to get to most things Disney related (once you factor in traffic on 192, getting through the gates, parking and then walking into the park). You know, basically what we would plan for a bus from a resort to our destination. :)

That said, it looks like there is a more "back way" into Disney from Lake Louisa that would avoid most of the hectic traffic on 192 and possibly through the main gate. I'm not sure how it's traffic is.

Thanks.  I can't imagine going to Disney and not staying at the Fort.... but we're really hoping to get 2 or 3 trips in next year (gotta use those APs! :) ) and, as we all know, the Fort can get very expensive... very fast.  Still, it is the Fort so...

Thanks.  I can't imagine going to Disney and not staying at the Fort.... but we're really hoping to get 2 or 3 trips in next year (gotta use those APs! :) ) and, as we all know, the Fort can get very expensive... very fast.  Still, it is the Fort so...

That's truthfully why we typically stay at the Thousand Trails park. My 7 night stay at the Fort coming this June is $800-ish. My yearly dues for Thousand Trails which include up to 50 nights of usage is just under $400 (my dues and usage are atypical of the average Thousand Trails member, but still). The same stay at Lake Louisa is $168 + tax. And, I think Bill Frederick at Turkey Lake is slightly cheaper. While it's The Fort and on-property, there's definitely a cost factor that is hard to turn down.

That's truthfully why we typically stay at the Thousand Trails park. My 7 night stay at the Fort coming this June is $800-ish. My yearly dues for Thousand Trails which include up to 50 nights of usage is just under $400 (my dues and usage are atypical of the average Thousand Trails member, but still). The same stay at Lake Louisa is $168 + tax. And, I think Bill Frederick at Turkey Lake is slightly cheaper. While it's The Fort and on-property, there's definitely a cost factor that is hard to turn down.

Yes... it can be painful to pay for the Fort.  It's a true love/hate kind-of thing  :lol:

That said, it looks like there is a more "back way" into Disney from Lake Louisa that would avoid most of the hectic traffic on 192 and possibly through the main gate. I'm not sure how it's traffic is.

the best "back way" into Disney would be go south on 27 onto 192, then turn left onto Avalon Road (at the traffic light with the WaWa).  Then turn right onto Hartzog Road and follow that to Western Way.  Western Way will bring you out at Coronado Springs.  Just WATCH YOUR SPEED.  The speed limit is not clearly marked.  Heading into Disney, the only sign says 40MPH until you get near Western Way where it drops to 30.  Heading away from Disney, the only sign says 30MPH.  The police love it back there.

the best "back way" into Disney would be go south on 27 onto 192, then turn left onto Avalon Road (at the traffic light with the WaWa).  Then turn right onto Hartzog Road and follow that to Western Way.  Western Way will bring you out at Coronado Springs.  Just WATCH YOUR SPEED.  The speed limit is not clearly marked.  Heading into Disney, the only sign says 40MPH until you get near Western Way where it drops to 30.  Heading away from Disney, the only sign says 30MPH.  The police love it back there.

Hate those type of roads.  Tom got a ticket several years on a similar stretch of road in Georgia; ironically he too was on his way to Disney (mtg us as we have driven ahead b/c he had to stay and work a couple of extra days).  The ticket was ugly, ugly, UGLY.  Personally, I think if roads are not well marked, then it should be illegal to give out a ticket.    

Nice! That'll help me when I'm at the Thousand Trails park.