Thinking WAY in advance due to the bucket list discussion, but....

Where should Jason and I celebrate our 12th anniversary. Well OK, our anniversary is really on Easter, so on that day we'll hopefully be at `Ohana (or doing a Fiend potluck if any of you will get your butts to the Fort), but we'll have a date night some day that week. 

Stipulations.... I'd prefer it be out of a park or at Epcot. We will probable go on a "Fort" day, but we enjoy drinks in Epcot, so that's a possibility. 

Here was my bucket list....

My bucket list that I still haven't done.... 

Dine with an Imagineer

V&A  (can't do it on this trip unless I win the lottery)

California Grill

Artist Point

Monsieur Paul

Something at AKL... not sure which to try

Maybe Le Cellier... I want to try it, but it gets mixed reviews.

I should say that I did not include Narcoossee's as crossed off on my bucket list because it wasn't even on my radar until Carol (I think) suggested it for our 10th anniversary. That said, if dinner and fireworks there isn't on your bucket list, ADD IT!

I would reccomend Boma as your option at AKL.  It is cheaper than Jiko and is a buffet so you can taste little bits of everything to see what you really like.  AND, if you tell them it is your anniversary they bring you a dessert sampling.  Yum.....  Ok, now I am just hungry....

Horse and Carriage ride through the Fort ending behind the 300 loop to watch fireworks on the beach. The whole time drinking your favorite beer and eating a GAG. Could it get any better.

We did the carriage ride before our dinner at Narcoossee's for our 10th. (No GAG that night though.) :) 

Of the choices on your list, I suggest Artist Point.

I liked the quietness, rustic, yet elegant, ambience.

And if you can get a window side table, the views are great.

I'm from the San Juan Islands, in the Pacific NW, so Artist Point gets my vote as well! :)

I would only do California Grill if you stipulate seating in the wine room, which is a much quieter, more intimate experience. We have always loved Artist Point, for the food, service and atmosphere. V&A is excellent bucket list material! and we've seriously considered going back for our 25th. We've been to Le Cellier a couple of times and it has been excellent. We were bitterly disappointed by Chef de France last trip so we may have to try Monsieur Paul next time. You didn't mention Citricos, but it is high on our list and do it pretty much every trip.

These get my vote...

Artist Point

California Grill

I'll also second Citricos.  Time it so you can still get out by the lake to watch fireworks.  :)

Jiko at AKL is great - food and atmosphere.  Go a little early and enjoy drinks/snacks either at the Victoria Falls lounge upstairs (comfy couches), or in Jiko's bar, which is quieter.

Yachtsman is great for steak but I find it to be kind of loud and "busy" feeling.

Flying Fish at Boardwalk is also a good place for a nice dinner - especially if you like seafood.

And while I haven't been there yet, based on what I've read, I'd definitely put Monsieur Paul high on the list.

Yachtsman is great for steak but I find it to be kind of loud and "busy" feeling.

That's funny because I recommended it based upon my "poking my head inside" on Saturday evening, and it was quiet.  I've heard good reviews about the food, but have never eaten there and most likely never will as we're not steak people.  But if you have personal experience with the place that beats my head poking experience.   :rofl3:

That's funny because I recommended it based upon my "poking my head inside" on Saturday evening, and it was quiet.  I've heard good reviews about the food, but have never eaten there and most likely never will as we're not steak people.  But if you have personal experience with the place that beats my head poking experience.   :rofl3:

Or maybe it's just me - LOL!

Actually when I think back, one time DH and I ate their early and had a table for 2 that was tucked a bit out of the way.  It didn't seem so loud/busy that time.

The other times have been at more peak times and we were 4 people seated smack in the middle of the room.  Those times it seemed louder/busier.

You can ask Lou for a 2nd opinion, because he was there those times too!  8)

My two cents.

I'm sure V&A is really nice but I've never been.

But IMHO nothing beats the California Grill when they dim the lights, and begin piping on the music and the fireworks begin. Also if you can't get a rezzie at the time the fireworks begin done worry. They have a outside viewing area that you can go too. Just tell the hostess that you have a rezzie for later that veining or you had it earlier and you'd like to view the fireworks. Also when your upstairs ask a CM how to get to the catwalk on the other side of the restaraunt. It overlooks Bay Lake on one side and 7 seas lagoon on the other.

That's funny because I recommended it based upon my "poking my head inside" on Saturday evening, and it was quiet.  

Or maybe it's just me - LOL!

You can ask Lou for a 2nd opinion, because he was there those times too! 

It's our favorite steak restaurant and we go a couple of times a year, but it can be on the busy and noisy side at times.

I also think it lacks the ambience that you'd want for a anniversary dinner. Great food though.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been to Bluezoo? It looks trendy and "adult."

Jason looooooves dueling pianos (I like them too), so I think we want to end up at the Boardwalk. You guys have said Yachtsman is loud.... what else is around there. We like steak and seafood.