New here but big fans of the Fort

We have camped the fort in tents and a pop up over the past few years and have just recently upgraded to a new to us 35Ft Winnebago Brave.

We have been camping in it at least 2 weekends a month since we got it in February but this Sept will be our first with it to Fort Wilderness. 

We are very excited and next year we plan to sell the house and move in the motorhome full time.  Will any Fiends be at the fort Sept 6-12th  when we (DH, DD (8) and I) will be there?  We would love to hear anyone's tips or tricks for getting site discounts, we only live about 3 hours away and want to stay at the fort as often as possible.

anyway, thanks for letting me join, you all seem like a great group!

Deb

(laughing hysterically to herself) you are thanking us to join?  oh no...we thank you for joining our insanity that is our family of Fiends...

enjoy, laugh, have fun and most of all gather up as much information and ask as many questions as you want.

we just can't guarantee what happens after you get a legitimate answer...all bets are off after that

We have camped the fort in tents and a pop up over the past few years and have just recently upgraded to a new to us 35Ft Winnebago Brave.

We have been camping in it at least 2 weekends a month since we got it in February but this Sept will be our first with it to Fort Wilderness.

We are very excited and next year we plan to sell the house and move in the motorhome full time. Will any Fiends be at the fort Sept 6-12th when we (DH, DD (8) and I) will be there? We would love to hear anyone's tips or tricks for getting site discounts, we only live about 3 hours away and want to stay at the fort as often as possible.

anyway, thanks for letting me join, you all seem like a great group!

Deb

Welcome!! The best discount I have been able to get for my clients has been a AAA rate.

Thanks for all the welcome messages and for the tips.  Just got an email from Disney that it is time to make our fast pass selections so looks like we will be there in Just 60 days!

We already get any Pass holder and FL res discounts, would it be worth it to join AAA too?  Do you happen to know how much the discount is?  Only reason we haven't joined is that we already have Good Sam roadside and Geico Roadside but I guess if we join AAA too we could always just stop buying gas for the MH and get towed everywhere we want to go.

When it comes to campsite discounts, AAA has been the best bet for a while now. Levels and availability aren't guaranteed, but last year we were able to get 20% in October/November.

Mo is correct. Generally run around 20% when available. For my clients who do not have it yet I call and use ours to check availability and savings. Then they can decide if the savings is worth the cost. It usually is especially when you consider other discounts available at say Earl of Sandwich or hotels if you need one.

We are very excited and next year we plan to sell the house and move in the motorhome full time.  

You must be geezers, I can relate.

Will any Fiends be at the fort Sept 6-12th

I guarantee that there will be one or two.

We would love to hear anyone's tips or tricks for getting site discounts, we only live about 3 hours away and want to stay at the fort as often as possible.

Become a part time or seasonal cast member.

you all seem like a great group!

You're obviously a poor judge of character.

Well, Katman1356...Jason you are hired as my new travel agent!  we are already booked for Sept but need reservations for Nov 5-12 give or take a day or two on either end.  DD is going to be in a ballroom dance competition in Orlando that weekend and her dance teacher just arranged for the group to perform at downtown Disney that weekend.

We planed to come for Halloween this year, we did last year and it was the best tric- or- treat ever but I kept holding off on reservations because I wasn't sure if we would still be in the pop up or have a motorhome at that point.  By the time we got the motorhome in February it was sold out for Halloween.

We are very excited and next year we plan to sell the house and move in the motorhome full time.  

You must be geezers, I can relate.

my husband is, but don't tell him I said that.  He has almost 30 years on me.

Become a part time or seasonal cast member.

Great Idea, we will have to look into that when the time comes.