It Does Exist....or Momof3Kids and Family going camping on the Mountain for the 4th

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love local camping. And long distance camping. And tent camping. And hammock camping. I like all camping! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Patience is a virtue Catch it if you can Seldom found in woman Never found in man   Nancy Phillips taught me that at girl scout camp

It's always 5:00 when you are camping.

:rofl3: My hubby would agree with you there...especially after setting up (which takes a while as we're still learning). 

I have learned that this is necessary with DH.  Of course it only took me about 20 years to figure it out.   :rofl3:

Yay... I feel ahead of the curve, I've learned this after only (almost) 18 years :)

Looks like a lot of fun!  Excited to see how it goes!!

I'm in.  Looks like a great campsite.

Welcome! Welcome!  I really liked the site. 

I'm in.

Page two baby!

Family, camper, and site look great.

Loving the pictures.

Ready for more.

Bout time you showed up.   :rofl3: More will be coming up shortly.

Looks like a nice site! I could really use a nap in a hammock right now. Looks comfy.

I got to try out the hammock a bit later.  We have had it for a few years.  Found it at the Unclaimed Baggage Store here in Alabama. 

I'm in! That campsite looks fantastic and I love the beer can lights.

DH found the lights at Walmart. 

More, more, more!!

(I am not known for my patience)

As I often tell my children...Patience is a virtue.

Throughout the day our neighbors were joking around with us asking if the food was ready yet.  After awhile it finally was.  Now there is something you need to know.  It was just four of us.  My husband, my two girls and myself.  My son had gone to a friends lake house at Smith Lake.  Steve has always prepared food as if he is cooking for about three times the amount of people that will be there.  My mom has been known to ask who else is coming to dinner when she has been here for Christmas or Thanksgiving.  It is just the way Steve is.  He would rather have the leftovers then have someone feel guilty for taking the last of something.

So for dinner that night he had smoked the pork butt, also smoked some ribs, grilled some Italian sausage and grilled up a couple of skewers of chicken breasts.  

7p2JACd.jpg

53KzPSi.jpg

j7bldFS.jpg

While he was doing this I slaved over making potato salad, macaroni salad and fruit salad.  

KznGP4V.jpg

Ignore the containers.  My salads are so good that WalMart purchases them from me.   :rofl2:

After dinner I decided to relax and enjoy another drink by the fire.

6iHyVny.jpg

Our beer can lights all lit up.

UN9rtvc.jpg

The tiki lights

wGqGxJP.jpg

Jessica posing in the hammock.

jXBUUUK.jpg

Mv63Z2L.jpg

eF9FmBm.jpg

Rachel trying to avoid the camera.

ibcjrbk.jpg

qCqsNAO.jpg

We had talked about where we were going to see try and see the fireworks.  I went to check up at the store and found out that there was no where here at the campground where we could see them. We could drive to one of the scenic overlooks, but Steve thought that would be too crowded.  So in the end we ended up listening to them, but not watching any.  

Steve did come out of his comfort level though and actually interacted more with our neighbors.  He took them over some of the pork and ribs.  He had also made some BBQ sauce that he took for them to try.  They really liked it.  We ended up hanging out over there talking for a bit.  It ended up we knew some of the same people.  

Before long we called it a night. 

I forgot to mention that before heading in for the night Steve got the other pig butt he had picked up for the next day ready to put in the smoker.  Our son and his friend were going to be there the next day.  

The next morning I asked Steve if he had heard from our son and if he knew what time he would be there.  Looks like plans changed.  He was now not going to come after all.  It seems his friend and him rode to the other friend's lake house with that friend.  It would mean that friend driving them back and then turning around and going back.  We were not really happy with the way this came about and I sent DS a text message stating this as well as saying something too him when we were all at home.  We had no problem with him staying, but just the fact he waited to say anything to us.  Steve had already cooked the meat.  

I decided to go for a walk around the loop we were in and had the girls go with me.  Jessica decided she would rather ride her bike.

SZ0HmYw.jpg

Caught a quick picture of Rachel.

ZRw1Ylv.jpg

This way to the Primitive camping area.

fZywdW0.jpg

Here was the site Carol had stayed on during her trip.  Jessica and I had gone up to visit her for a bit one evening.

XxYb53Q.jpg

This campground does not have much to offer in terms of activities, but I love the peacefulness of it.

PJE7zCu.jpg

We got back to the site and relaxed for a bit. 

qCNpCpo.jpg

Before we went on our little walk I had Steve look at the trail map to find a trail for us to go hiking. Before long we headed out.  

aZJou3q.jpg

3wDMotA.jpg

Our first stop The Japanese Garden.  

nUzh77z.jpg

Then we continued on and saw this.

4L8FENV.jpg

We reached the Classroom on the Lake

e5flU4g.jpg

iWhlDez.jpg

yW9618V.jpg

Bzig3Jx.jpg

Some historical markers

MCDHwdg.jpg

fv8VH79.jpg

The cabins that you can rent.  

kNVNyUM.jpg

JSmAxx8.jpg

Then we were back at the campsite.  

The girls headed into the camper for a bit and Steve headed back to the house to check on somethings there.  He was going to have Drew do it before he came up, but like I said his plans had changed.  I was sitting outside and realized that I could do something I had not done yet.  In fact I had never done it at all.

clN5YuH.jpg