GDF and Z Ditch Daddy and Dash to Disney

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great start to rope drop day! Z can't be tied down to just one lady. He's a young man still. :rofl2: I mean it's not his fault if the princesses can't resist him.....unless he gives them the smolder.

When we left off, we’d just ridden Barnstormer twice without exiting the ride. The next moment made me a little upset… Dumbo was a walk on. I asked Z if he wanted to ride, and he said NO. My boy is to

As always, what a fantastic trip report. I feel like I was there. Still more to come, yes?

Love the pic of you two on the train... and the one of the cart parked by itself, that one cracked me up :)  Picture of Z by the Mickey at the Contemporary... making me miss Disney.  The rope drop?!  Man, I haven't done one of those in years!!  Last time I did one, it was at MGM and we stood back and laughed at watching grown adults in a full-out run towards Toy Story. I'm pretty sure a couple of them pulled a hamstring...serves them right for pushing past the people with strollers   ::)

Uh oh.  A kiss on his face before Ariel.  Not a good way to impress your wife.

Awesome job getting on the mine train.

Yeah, the kiss almost proved to be an issue, but it worked out. 

THAT's how you RD... not to brag or anything. :) 

Nice mine train selfie. 

Did Z get a talking to from his girl??

You'll see in the next update! (hopefully coming soon)

Awesome job getting there so early! What a great start to what I'm sure will be a great Fourth of July! And, it sounds like everyone remembered their shoes! :)

]

It was a great 4th, and luckily there were no shoe issues after the ride down. 

Rude people who try to push in front of someone pushing a stroller or wheelchair annoy me.

Love the Mine Train selfie!

Yeah, stroller moms get a lot of grief, but some without strollers are just as bad. 

You guys look so happy in the last picture, and how can you not be? A boat ride across Bay Lake, rope drop at MK, the Mine Train. I'm excited just reading it! :)

It was sooooooo much fun! Having a kid who loves Disney as much as I do ROCKS. I just hope our adventures continue like TCD has been able to do with his kids. 

Hey! I'm in! Page 4...about average for me! I might be late, but at least I'm consistent!

Better late than never! :)

Love the selfie!!

Thanks!

I'm glad you hit that jerk with your stroller - wish it was on purpose, though! :D Those sunrise pictures, from the boat, are awesome!

I didn't feel bad after hitting him. 

The sunrise was AMAZING! (Do you hear that, Norm?)

Awesome having the boat to yourselves.

I've never had that experience. It was very cool. 

Love the pic of you two on the train... and the one of the cart parked by itself, that one cracked me up :)  Picture of Z by the Mickey at the Contemporary... making me miss Disney.  The rope drop?!  Man, I haven't done one of those in years!!  Last time I did one, it was at MGM and we stood back and laughed at watching grown adults in a full-out run towards Toy Story. I'm pretty sure a couple of them pulled a hamstring...serves them right for pushing past the people with strollers   ::)

Ha ha ha! RD at the MK is very controlled. I just know one guy left with a sore ankle. 

Great TR Kelly! We did the same thing our last trip for mine train. We are up your way camping this weekend at Shady Grove. Very last minute trip!

Thanks! 

I hate it that you're right by my house, and I'm not there. We really need a GA GG. 

Great start to rope drop day!

Z can't be tied down to just one lady. He's a young man still. :rofl2:

I mean it's not his fault if the princesses can't resist him.....unless he gives them the smolder.

Then, it's at least partially his fault.

He has done the smolder. I have pictures. Now, when Rapunzel tried to teach it to him, he totally froze up. Funny kid. 

Loving this TR!  The boat ride looks so peaceful.  And at the Contemporary, it looks like Mickey is patting Z on the head!

Cab't wait for more!

Glad you are loving it. Hoping to give you a little more tonight. 

Very cool!!! I love that early boat ride to the Contemporary, don't do it very often any more, but still love it!

I do believe you are the one who gave me that tip! Worked like a charm. 

All caught up.

Good job on rope drop and SDMT.

I was pretty proud of pulling it off with a 5 year old. 

Following along :)  I wish I lived close enough to take off for a few days with one kiddo - what a fun experience for the both of you!

It was great and will definitely be done again. 

Z is way too cute! No wonder the ladies love him! When my son was in preschool he won an award for being the "Ladies Man". Looks like he has some tough competition!!

Also have to say how glad I am to be part of a community that stops what they are doing to help another member set up for vacation! Jason and Rennie rock!!

Ahh the lips! Him and Noah need to go on tour! They know how to charm the princesses! Can't wait to see what happens with Ariel!

I think it's clear the princesses dig Georgia boys. I feel bad for those other states and teams. 

Player.  

Don't hate the playa; hate the game!

It's 'Playa' Dave! LOL! 

Thanks for helping him out. 

I'm melting from the cuteness of this! Can't wait to see Ariel's reaction. Poor boy torn between two ladies!

What would Eugene and Eric say if they knew?

Z doesn't seem concerned with their men. Well, he was Eugene for Halloween and was super cute, so I guess he thinks he replaced him.

Oh my gosh... love those pictures and love how sensitive he was about Ariel seeing the kiss on his head **melt**.  Sweet, sweet boy...

p.s. now that you're the beach, you're slacking on this TR!  Come on girl, you have a reputation to keep up ;)

It's true. I'm currently on "Tybee Time." But at least I'm updating! Sad thing is I'm also forgetting details.... I met a lot of Fiends... trying to remember all the meetings....

Z is way too cute! No wonder the ladies love him! When my son was in preschool he won an award for being the "Ladies Man". Looks like he has some tough competition!!

Also have to say how glad I am to be part of a community that stops what they are doing to help another member set up for vacation! Jason and Rennie rock!!

The Fiend boys are good with the ladies, and Fiends in general are super helpful. I found that out early in my life as a Fiend, and it still rings true. We're a great group of folks, even if we are snarky. 

Time for a late night update!

After our time with Rapunzel and Cinderella it was time to hit part of the newer section of Fantasyland. And yes, Z was nervous about seeing Ariel with his Rapunzel kiss. #playaprobz  I reminded him that HE didn’t kiss Rapunzel, she kissed him. He couldn’t help it because he’s so cute. And then he relaxed.

Doesn’t “feel crowded.”

IMG_7466.jpg

And we went to meet his #1. He loves Rapunzel and her hair, and he loves some Elsa (which you’ll see later), but he and Ariel have something special.

They always have a lot to talk about.

wd004wdw201418593861376.jpeg

Uh oh! She sees the kiss!

wd006wdw201418593861378.jpeg

He let her know that Rapunzel kissed him BUT he didn’t kiss her back and he ONLY likes them.

She seemed OK with that.

wd007wdw201418593861379.jpeg

I see nervous…

wd008wdw201418593861380.jpeg

Posing

wd010wdw201418593861382.jpeg

Family photo

wd012wdw201418593861384.jpeg

Uh oh!

wd016wdw201418593861389.jpeg

Now he’s got a kiss on BOTH sides…

IMG_7471.jpg

Once the swelling in his head went down, we rode Dave’s favorite ride.

See how it says there’s a 20 minute wait? It was a walk on. Why do they lie?

IMG_7472.jpg

IMG_7473.jpg

IMG_7474.jpg

From there, we head to the circus area. I love what they’ve done. We’d never done the character meets there, but we were way ahead of my plans and there was no wait, so we did.

wd019wdw201418593864657.jpeg

wd020wdw201418593864658.jpeg

Love it!

wd022wdw201418593864660.jpeg

Dave, this shirt is dedicated to you!

wd024wdw201418593864683.jpeg

wd026wdw201418593865374.jpeg

wd028wdw201418593865376.jpeg

wd030wdw201418593865378.jpeg

Donald is one of Z’s favorites… can you tell?!?!?!

wd032wdw201418593865694.jpeg

wd033wdw201418593865831.jpeg

wd038wdw201418593865697.jpeg

wd039wdw201418593865836.jpeg

From there, we headed to Barnstormer…

5 minutes means... another walk on

IMG_7477.jpg

Selfie in the front row!

IMG_7478.jpg

After the ride, Z said he wanted to ride again, and there still wasn’t a line, soooooooooooooo…. They said we could change cars and ride again!

IMG_7479.jpg

It’s only 9 AM, and we’ve met 7 characters and ridden 3 rides (and one of them twice), aren’t we doing great?

We head out of Fantasyland in the next update!