GDF and Z Ditch Daddy and Dash to Disney

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great start to rope drop day! Z can't be tied down to just one lady. He's a young man still. :rofl2: I mean it's not his fault if the princesses can't resist him.....unless he gives them the smolder.

When we left off, we’d just ridden Barnstormer twice without exiting the ride. The next moment made me a little upset… Dumbo was a walk on. I asked Z if he wanted to ride, and he said NO. My boy is to

As always, what a fantastic trip report. I feel like I was there. Still more to come, yes?

To help you with your memory, we had a lot of threatening clouds, but only some very light drizzles on the afternoon and evening of July 5.

I am surprised to see no mention of big tour groups during your Epcot visit. The Land Pavilion was packed with them when we were there, and we ran into several on our way out of the park. And they were all chanting! Loudly!

TCD

Loving all the updates!  

I had the child's portion of the Mongolian Beef and it was delicious.  However, the grapes I chose as a side were not yummy.  I would avoid them in the future.

The theme of the homeschool days Disney Student Seminars this Fall is Healthy Living and the main seminar is meeting at the Living with the Land ride.  I am looking forward to it!

Note to self: must go to La Cava in the fall on our adults only trip.

Thank you for posting it, I never knew it existed but it looks great!

La Cava is a must do for me every trip! It's yummy. A lot of people don't notice it. It's inside the Mexican pavilion on the right. 

Good job at the Karamel Kuche!

Great pics in front of DJD.

Looking forward to your LB concert stalking update!

That was a fun night on FF.net!!!!!

That was a fun night! It was exciting to be a part of. 

That was. How nice of the luckows to entertain i

Us even if we were hundreds of miles apart.

And those of us there! Seeing one of my favorite singers at my favorite place was awesome!

To help you with your memory, we had a lot of threatening clouds, but only some very light drizzles on the afternoon and evening of July 5.

I am surprised to see no mention of big tour groups during your Epcot visit. The Land Pavilion was packed with them when we were there, and we ran into several on our way out of the park. And they were all chanting! Loudly!

TCD

Thanks for helping my memory! Now that it's been a few weeks, and I've gone on another trip, I'm losing the details. One day it stormed like crazy. I'm remembering that was the 6th though. How are you going to be able to finally write your report?!?! I hope you have notes or a VERY good memory. 

Oh gosh... you got some really great pictures from that day!  Looks like y'all have a great, GREAT time :)

We had a blast!

mmmmmm, salted caramels.

They are so good!

Loving all the updates!  

I had the child's portion of the Mongolian Beef and it was delicious.  However, the grapes I chose as a side were not yummy.  I would avoid them in the future.

The theme of the homeschool days Disney Student Seminars this Fall is Healthy Living and the main seminar is meeting at the Living with the Land ride.  I am looking forward to it!

I should have gotten a kid's portion. I was so hungry but still couldn't finish the adult meal.

Will you get to go "backstage" during the home school presentation? Either way, the program sounds really interesting. 

Back at the camper, the boys laid down. Z slept a bit.

When he woke up, they played in the dirt like kids love to do.

IMG_7674.jpg

Then, it was time for dinner. We headed to the Settlement to see what was going on and get some food. We had a bit of an issue. We wanted to stay up and see the Luke Bryan show and fireworks, but we had the Frozen premium package booked for the next day. We had to be at DHS at 10:00 AM. We decided we’d just see how the boys were doing and stay as long as they were in a good mood. We could always nap the next day.

I would have ordered a GAG, but the boys wanted pizza. Here it is.

IMG_7677.jpg

This was my first time ever having pizza at the Fort, and I am 100% convinced it’s DiGiorno. It wasn’t great, but it was edible.

IMG_7678.jpg

When I went to the bathroom, there were some guys dressed as cowboys near Pioneer hall.

IMG_7681.jpg

A little later, I was back on the porch, and some cowboys on horses came by followed by the Luckow family.

IMG_7683.jpg

They went into Pioneer Hall.

I think around this time was when Todd (4Brians) posted on the thread that he was on the porch. Funny, we were too, so I went over and met him before we headed to the playground.

The boys decided that the area where the wagon goes was a horse pen, and they were horses.

IMG_7684.jpg

Back on the playground, the bunny incident I wrote about before happened. These kids were torturing this poor, baby bunny. And the parents didn’t care. I screamed at them and made them leave, but they went back after we left. What’s wrong with people?!?!?!

IMG_7686.jpg

While the boys played, I’d go check things out from time to time. On several of those missions, I ran into TCD and a few other Fiends who were also looking around. That was a fun night! The thread was hopping, and I was getting info from there as well as from exploring.

As it neared time for the concert, we tried to decide where we should watch. We went around to where the pony rides are and got stopped part of the way down the path. We figured that was an OK spot. I ended up next to a lady who asked how I knew about concert. I told her FF.net…. not sure if that was a good idea though. Later, she told me that her husband organizes all the Luckow’s events. She was worried that some of the family members would have seen it online too. Apparently only a few knew that Luke Bryan was going to be the performer. She also said the fireworks later were going to be the most expensive Disney had ever done. I’m guessing she meant for a private event.

This was our view once the concert started.

IMG_7687.jpg

I’ve seen Luke in concert before, but this was really cool, even though we didn’t have a great view.

We got to stay for about half of it before the boys let us know they were tired. We figured we better head back. Bummer! I was hoping we’d get to see the fireworks but knew it was a long shot for the boys to last that long.

We put the boys to bed and stayed up chatting. But then we heard fireworks, so we went to the back of our campsite. We had a great view of them! But I didn’t take pictures. Fail. Luckily, you’ve probably seen the videos posted. I was surprised how close they looked. It was quite a show!

After the fireworks, we went to bed. It had been a long day, and we had an exciting day planned tomorrow. Up next, our day at DHS complete with my review of the Frozen events, including the premium package. 

Great update. The night of July 5 was a lot of fun. There were Fiends all around. It was fun chatting with you and Todd (4Brians) on the porch. I also ran into Jason and Sil and Rennie on the beach for the fireworks. I'm glad you got to see them. If you thought they were close from the 1500 loop, you should have seen them from the beach. Not only could you see them, you could feel them as well. It is something I'll never forget.

TCD

Great update. The night of July 5 was a lot of fun. There were Fiends all around. It was fun chatting with you and Todd (4Brians) on the porch. I also ran into Jason and Sil and Rennie on the beach for the fireworks. I'm glad you got to see them. If you thought they were close from the 1500 loop, you should have seen them from the beach. Not only could you see them, you could feel them as well. It is something I'll never forget.

TCD

I kept worrying I was gonna have to shield Silvia they were so close. I have been at a fireworks accident before and I am amazed they set them off that close to people. 

Well I must be totally out of the loop, this is the first I've read about Luke Bryan. So he performed at the Fort?

Yep. Private party. They took over a whole showing of the HDDR, then moved to the Pavillion for the Concert, then to the beach for the private fireworks. 

Yup. A wealthy family had a private party at the pavilion with a concert by Luke, followed by an amazing fireworks show on Clementine's Beach. It was awesome.

TCD

That truly must be one wealthy family.

Will you get to go "backstage" during the home school presentation? Either way, the program sounds really interesting. 

Not sure, but I will let you know in my TR!

Very cool reading about the concert and fireworks again.  I'm sure it was amazing for those at the Fort, but it was fun for us at home as well. :D

My son and his friends are on their way to the Luke Bryan concert here in Birmingham. Jessica is quite upset that she was not invited to go along. She decided he should bring Luke home for her as a souvenir.

Sorry, he's mine. 

TCD

While the beach view would have been cool, I'm not sure how much closer I would have wanted to be. They were huge and right over the campground! 

Great updates, Kelly!

Thanks!

I kept worrying I was gonna have to shield Silvia they were so close. I have been at a fireworks accident before and I am amazed they set them off that close to people. 

Ack! 

They were phenomenal though

Agreed. 

Well I must be totally out of the loop, this is the first I've read about Luke Bryan. So he performed at the Fort?

Yep! You missed quite a thread. Here you go. http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/13138-private-party-on-clementines-beach-saturday-night/?hl=%20luke%20%20bryan

Yep. Private party. They took over a whole showing of the HDDR, then moved to the Pavillion for the Concert, then to the beach for the private fireworks. 

Do you think the HDDR would be as fun with so few people? 

Yup. A wealthy family had a private party at the pavilion with a concert by Luke, followed by an amazing fireworks show on Clementine's Beach. It was awesome.

TCD

Yes, it was!

Great update Kelly!

Thanks!

That truly must be one wealthy family.

Seriously!!!!

No doubt. They also had a private party at Diagon Alley, and a custom wrapped tour bus, among other things. CM's were saying they spent $8 million on this trip.

TCD

I believe it. I'm sure Luke doesn't come cheap, and those fireworks looked quite expensive. 

Not sure, but I will let you know in my TR!

Very cool reading about the concert and fireworks again.  I'm sure it was amazing for those at the Fort, but it was fun for us at home as well. :D

Can't wait to read about it! 

All the detective work was a hoot. Good times. 

And we were blowing up ff with a thread of live reports, Instagram stalking, speculations, etc. tons of fun!

Nothing gets by FF.net. 

Okay... Luke Bryan wouldn't do much for our family (even though I actually like country music).  The fireworks would have been nice...but the Frozen premium package?!!  Okay.. I have to admit that I don't even know what that is, but anything Frozen would be a HUGE hit at our household as in it resides princess Bailey :)   Even our 2 year old son sings "Let it go" ...haha :)

Looking forward to the next update!