GDF and Z Ditch Daddy and Dash to Disney

OK, so we’re on the way to lunch, but we also have boys who have seen grown people with armloads of Frozen stuff. Of course, Disney helps you out by putting more Frozen stuff at carts in plain view.

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7709.jpg

They both wanted an Olaf. OK, we said. We also got them t-shirts and a coloring set too. As my aunt says, two of the same never complain. I left thinking it was probably good that we didn’t go into the full store.

We arrived at our lunch destination! And Dave guessed right.

IMG_7712.jpg

We checked in and they let us know that someone would be coming out about Elena’s allergy. Somehow when that person came out, we were seated right away (before other guests). Hmmm… OK. I’m not going to refuse.

I like the theming in this restaurant.

IMG_7713.jpg

Keeping with Frozen, they had a new Olaf milkshake. We ordered one and asked them to split it for the boys.

IMG_7714.jpg

I had a bit of a problem. I wasn’t hungry. As much as I wanted to try the fried chicken, I knew I couldn’t eat much of it. And since Elena is highly allergic to gluten, we couldn’t split it. I debated what to do, when the fried cheese appetizer caught my eye. I decided to order that and a PB&J milkshake.

Our waiter was hysterical. At one point, one of our boys said they didn’t like something. He sat down and asked them if they wanted to know what he didn’t like? They said yes, and he responded… CHILDREN! Their faces were so funny, and we all laughed hysterically.

The appetizer was delicious!

IMG_7716.jpg

While we were eating, Elena’s husband called, and she answered the phone. One of the servers came by and took her phone and told her husband there were no phones allowed at the dinner table.

IMG_7715.jpg

It was pretty funny, but I don’t think her husband was amused.

One word… YUM

IMG_7718.jpg

So I finally (kind of) ate at 50’s Prime Time. I really liked what I had, and we definitely need to go back when I can actually eat more. I’m debating go back to here or going to the Sci-Fi Diner in April.

At this point, the boys were pretty tired and cranky. We were getting paid back for keeping them up late the night before, so we headed back to the Fort. It had been raining on and off while we were there, but once we got back to the camper, it POURED. There was so much thunder and lightning. It was really intense. Z fell asleep anyway, but Elena, D, and I couldn’t.

After resting, we returned to DHS. It was wet.

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7723.jpg

IMG_7724.jpg

We had a bit of time to kill, so we went and met Lightning and Mater.

wd056wdw201418794827622.jpeg

Great pic

wd058wdw201418794827624.jpeg

wd059wdw201418794827625.jpeg

Before too long, it was time to check in to our VIP entrance. The boys were EXCITED!

IMG_7728.jpg

These were our tickets. I think they’re the same as the regular ones. It’s your lanyard that gets you into the reserved seating. Apparently the day before, they didn’t give the Premium Package folks tickets at all. You just picked when you wanted to go. The problem was that too many people were picking the same shows, so they started giving tickets.

IMG_7729.jpg

It was here that the CM working the line told us that sing-a-long was really a test and that the plan was for it to move to the American Idol stage once that closed. I think that’s a really good idea, and it will be a lot more popular that AI. If it happens, I’m guessing it will be a Tier 1 FP+. He also said that the whole production had been put together in 9 days.

Once we got into the theater, they let us know that the first two rows were reserved for wheelchair guests and their families and that the rows behind that were for us. That was OK. We sat down. We were row 3, center stage. That was good for a while.

IMG_7730.jpg

But then the tallest man with the biggest head in the universe and his tall family sat in front of us. Interestingly, no one in his party was in a wheelchair. What the Fort? I was mad again, but this time, I decided to do something about it. So a few minutes before the show started, I explained to the CM what happened at the parade and what had happened with the seating here. Our kids couldn’t see at all because the seats aren’t staggered. I asked very nicely if we could sit in the front row, so our kids could see. And he said OK. The giant and his family were not happy. Oh well.

Front row!

You can see the giant behind Z to the right.

IMG_7738.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_7732.jpg

He’s excited.

IMG_7734.jpg

I’m too close to the photo limit to include the whole show and don’t want to split it, so we’ll stop here for now.

Up next, the sing-a-long! 

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great start to rope drop day! Z can't be tied down to just one lady. He's a young man still. :rofl2: I mean it's not his fault if the princesses can't resist him.....unless he gives them the smolder.

When we left off, we’d just ridden Barnstormer twice without exiting the ride. The next moment made me a little upset… Dumbo was a walk on. I asked Z if he wanted to ride, and he said NO. My boy is to

As always, what a fantastic trip report. I feel like I was there. Still more to come, yes?

I am glad that you were able to sit up front.  I am also glad to see the show before I go.  This will depend on whether I go try to ride some rides or sit in on the show.  I will most likely sit through the show and hang out with my DD who has no clue about any of this yet.

Still here and loving it! The only thing I don't love, is the fact that this won't be available in October :( Of course, another part of me say "whew"...as this mama is all but frozen' out! Having said that, if Disney extended, we would probably buy the tickets. How much were the tickets?

I am glad you spoke up.

Me too! I wasn't getting a crappy seat twice. 

I wonder how giant head guy was allowed in the 2nd row?  They are usually pretty strict about that wheelchair seating.  Maybe there is some sort of ADA allowance for giant heads. 

:rofl2:

I am glad that you were able to sit up front.  I am also glad to see the show before I go.  This will depend on whether I go try to ride some rides or sit in on the show.  I will most likely sit through the show and hang out with my DD who has no clue about any of this yet.

Awwwww.... I think you'll want to watch your DD's excitement. It will be worth it! We only rode 2 rides that day, but we could have ridden more. 

Double Post.

Are you trying to get your post count up?

Still here and loving it! The only thing I don't love, is the fact that this won't be available in October :( Of course, another part of me say "whew"...as this mama is all but frozen' out! Having said that, if Disney extended, we would probably buy the tickets. How much were the tickets?

I wonder if that show will still be around... it's really popular and add an attraction to a less visited park. I think the Premium Package was $59 for adults and $35 for kids. 

Sorry about your reserved seating experience.  It's reminiscent of my D23 days.

I was mad at the parade, but it worked out awesome at the sing-a-long. 

So basically, the show is a sing-a-long using a large screen; I’m sure it’s just clips from the sing-a-long movie that played in theaters. Two very funny actors come out and tell the history of Arendelle, basically of Anna and Elsa, and the songs are interspersed where they go in the story. Parent tip… Elsa doesn’t come out until the end. You might want to prepare your kids for this. Z wasn’t that amused by the actors’ jokes and just wanted to know when Elsa was coming out. I think the actors are funnier for the adults than for the kids. Anna does come out in the beginning.

Here are some pictures from the show.

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

The movie and words show on the screen.

IMG_7740.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

Some cool effects happen when the sing-a-long gets to Let it Go. I was expecting Elsa to come out and so was Z, but she doesn’t.

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_7745.jpg

The moment all the kids in the crowd were waiting for….

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_7746.jpg

IMG_7748.jpg

And yes, she sings that song you might know.

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_7750.jpg

So, my overall review of the sing-a-long…. It’s cute and has some funny parts. I think it adds to DHS and that they should keep it past the summer. It would be a way for more people to see the characters, even if they don’t get to meet them. We were a little let down that Elsa and Anna weren’t a bigger part of the show. For young Elsa fans, it was kind of like torture. I think it would be cute to have the characters lip sync even to the songs on the sides of the stage or something. The show is over 30 minutes, and I think Elsa is on stage 5. BUT, like I said, I think it’s one of the better shows currently at DHS. I give it a B.

I give the Premium seating an A, except the seats behind the giant get a D. The premium seating is in the first few rows, center stage. It was cool to be up that close.

Up next, we do something not related to Frozen and head to the fireworks dessert party. The dessert party is the only part of the package not available with general admission, and it’s what totally wins me over.  

I'm still reading along and loving it!

BTW, I last took family to WDW almost 4 years ago when the youngest was only 3yo.  She still remembers a lot of the things we did, esp. on our park day.  I am sure Z will remember a lot of your vacay as well!

Great updates!  :)  Really good info on the Elsa shortage at the show. I can picture my girls asking every two seconds where she is through the whole show.

As a side note, why do kids love Elsa so much?  Anna is so much cooler.  It has to be the dress, right? Whoever designed Elsa's blue dress deserves a major raise!

I'm still reading along and loving it!

BTW, I last took family to WDW almost 4 years ago when the youngest was only 3yo.  She still remembers a lot of the things we did, esp. on our park day.  I am sure Z will remember a lot of your vacay as well!

Z still remembers things we did when he was 2, but I'm sure those memories will fade. It's still fun though, and we have the pictures!

Great updates!   :)  Really good info on the Elsa shortage at the show. I can picture my girls asking every two seconds where she is through the whole show.

As a side note, why do kids love Elsa so much?  Anna is so much cooler.  It has to be the dress, right? Whoever designed Elsa's blue dress deserves a major raise!

Yes definitely do. Maybe just tell them it's a sing-a-long movie, and then they'll be shocked when they see them at all. 

I totally think it's the dress with Elsa. And the way she walks sexy at the end of Let it Go. 

Else's dress is pretty...but help me understand why it needs to have a slit halfway up her leg?

Sex appeal. Really. It's kind of sad when you think about it. 

Still loving your report.  Boy, we didn't spend enough time in HS when we were there.  We didn't do any of the Frozen stuff, so I'm so glad to get to read all about it from you.  Hopefully it will still be there next time.

It ends sometime in September. It was better than I initially thought it would be, but unless you are a huge Frozen fan, don't worry about it. Well, except the dessert party and fireworks. Those were both awesome! I'll be writing about that event sometime today. Apparently, my family needs groceries, so I have to take care of that first. 

As always, what a fantastic trip report. I feel like I was there. Still more to come, yes?

The Troll lives! I've missed your reports and rants. You need to come out more often. 

And yes, I'm about to post another update, and then there are 2 days after that. 

Nice.  Kelly got the Troll to crawl out from under his bridge and comment.  

I know! I feel honored!

OK, so we left the sing-a-long, and it was time to cash in our FP+ for TSMM. See these people in front of us?

IMG_7753.jpg

Yeah, there was one of 2 of them in front of us. Then, they brought their whole family in basically running over Z and D. And then, you’ll never guess what happened… well, TCD will guess… they didn’t actually have FP+ for this ride. Shocking. We saw scenes similar to these several times on our trip.

Oddly empty line.

IMG_7754.jpg

IMG_7755.jpg

They’re ready!

IMG_7756.jpg

Selfie #1,000

IMG_7758.jpg

My score was terrible as usual, but it was fun.

Now it was time to head to the dessert party. Thankfully the area roped off for this is MUCH bigger than for the parade. It was basically the whole left, front side when you are looking at the stage/hat.

The dance party was still going on, but before we get to pictures of that, you want to see the desserts, right?

Cookies, cake pops, iced rice crispy treats.

IMG_7759.jpg

Push up desserts. I didn’t try them, but the boys were fans. Also some chocolate something.

IMG_7760.jpg

I don’t remember what these were.

IMG_7762.jpg

The Elsa cupcakes they’re selling elsewhere.

IMG_7764.jpg

Fondue area

IMG_7772.jpg

Thankfully, an attendant does the dipping.

IMG_7773.jpg

Drink station

IMG_7774.jpg

Ice cream cart!

IMG_7784.jpg

This was the view from our table.

IMG_7767.jpg

Let’s get sugared up!

IMG_7771.jpg

Once we got the boys settled, I told Elena I’d go buy some adult beverages for us. But imagine by surprise when….

IMG_7775.jpg

They were included! Winning!

IMG_7776.jpg

The boys were eating and dancing.

IMG_7778.jpg

IMG_7781.jpg

Some of the other tables

IMG_7782.jpg

The band came on. Is it Mulch… whoever? I never usually watch them, so I’m not sure.

IMG_7783.jpg

Mickey bars!

IMG_7785.jpg

IMG_7787.jpg

More dancing!

IMG_7788.jpg

And yes, a popsicle

IMG_7790.jpg

IMG_7791.jpg

I let Z go order his own drink (no booze, of course). He likes to do big boy things like that these days.

IMG_7792.jpg

The band left before the fireworks started.

IMG_7793.jpg

And the stage show that goes with the fireworks began.

IMG_7796.jpg

IMG_7798.jpg

They show some of the pictures people post on social media with the hashtag.

IMG_7799.jpg

And then the fireworks start. They go off to the songs from the movie. I really enjoyed the show.

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7807.jpg

IMG_7812.jpg

IMG_7818.jpg

IMG_7809.jpg

After it ended, we took the kids to the restroom, and that gave the crowd a bit of time to move out.

Here are the tables with no one around.

IMG_7821.jpg

IMG_7822.jpg

Just behind the crowd.

IMG_7823.jpg

The dessert party really won me over for the premium package. The desserts were as good or better than the MK dessert party. There were even Mickey bars! Plus, the drink selection was much better. In addition to the juice stands and bar (actually there were bars) that I showed, there were bottled water and Coke bins. And let’s face it, alcoholic drinks at Disney are about $10 each, so a few of those over the couple of hours would add up.

So do I think it was a good choice to buy the premium package? Yes! Even though our parade seating wasn’t ideal, we had a great view of the stage. Then, we sat in the front row for the sing-a-long, AND the dessert party was awesome! There was so much energy and dancing. The kids ate as much sugar as they wanted, which has only happened a couple of times in Z’s life. Elena and I really enjoyed ourselves too.

That’s all for July 6th, but it’s not all for the Frozen sisters. We’re going to meet them tomorrow! 

Sugar, booze, fireworks, and Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars?  

Totally worth it.  

:rofl3:

Haha... I had to laugh when I read your last update Kelly.  I was thinking, the kids were sugared up and the mommies were liquored up... I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall at the end of that night :)   Looks like a lot of fun!  Very "sweet"   :)

Your parade post had me guessing what you were getting with the premium package.  Seemed like a total waste of money.

After your posts of the dessert party and what you get, it looks so totally worth it.