GDF and Z Ditch Daddy and Dash to Disney

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great start to rope drop day! Z can't be tied down to just one lady. He's a young man still. :rofl2: I mean it's not his fault if the princesses can't resist him.....unless he gives them the smolder.

When we left off, we’d just ridden Barnstormer twice without exiting the ride. The next moment made me a little upset… Dumbo was a walk on. I asked Z if he wanted to ride, and he said NO. My boy is to

As always, what a fantastic trip report. I feel like I was there. Still more to come, yes?

Love so much about these updates!   The princesses (who look similar to but not quite the same as our A&E), tips on lunch at TE (which I've never done before but definitely will try to do now) and of course the balloon.  Very magical and special.

What a great time at the fort!

My father's birthday is August 8.  I just remembered that we were at WDW over his birthday in 1984.  I would love to start a tradition of launching a Disney balloon on his birthday every year.  He would love it. This will be his second birthday in heaven, and I still miss him so much.

I just realized Adam is too tall to ride a pony :(

Yeah... Bailey "outgrew" the pony rides last year...she is super bummed.  She's only 7.5, but the kid is big for her age...weight wise she's fine, but height she is now 50.5".  Wonder why they have a height limit and not just a weight limit?  It's the weight that a risk for the pony.

Nice pics Kelly...again, looks like you all had a great time :)  I agree with Yvonne, our God is amazing.  Awesome that your friend was able to continue her tradition.  So sorry that she's missing her daddy...tough, tough stuff.

On Elsa and Anna, looks fun but mercy, was the CM who played Anna 16 years old? :)   Not a bad thing, I'm just realizing that these characters are getting younger and younger...or am I just getting older and older? ;)

Ms. Josephine is a crack up.  She showed us her hulu hoop house a few months back...she was so proud that she had figured out how to make it (I guess a guest had shown her how to go up 2-stories).  Love her :)

It was a sad day in our house when we realized that Stella had outgrown the pony rides.  Here's a little known fact for you....that's the real reason we adopted Anna.  Stella had grown too big and I love the pony rides that much.  And the bonus is....Anna is so tiny she'll be able to ride them until she's 30.  

Dinner at CG was awesome, dh and I argued over who would get the steak and he won. I ended up with the pork and mine was actually a better dish than the steak. The only problem was we made a 9 pm reservation, were seated at 905pm and didn't finish dinner until after 11 pm because of the fireworks. It was a very late night for us with early church the next day. But I would go back in the winter for the early firework show.

I'll have to remember that flatbread next time we are there.  Looks similar to something we make at home.  

She loved it! I'm not sure about the regular crust size, but she couldn't finish her gluten free one. She REALLY tried. 

What an amazing God-incidence it was coming across the balloon.

Agreed. 

The balloon release is a nice touch.

Love the kids on the ponies.

Lastly, great minds think alike:

98A75630-A285-42EA-A6F2-F9AE55F2A198-369

Cheers!

Awwww.... sad day! That means he's already tall enough for Rockin Roller Coaster though. Crazy! 

Love so much about these updates!   The princesses (who look similar to but not quite the same as our A&E), tips on lunch at TE (which I've never done before but definitely will try to do now) and of course the balloon.  Very magical and special.

Do yourself a favor and have lunch at Trails End. Even if you're not staying at the Fort, it would be a good break on a MK day. 

Releasing the balloon was very special.  

Caught up!!!

Great pix!

Z is adorable as usual.

Great Fiend get together.

Love the Anna and Elsa pix.

Caught up! I'm impressed with you! When do we get Europe pics? 

What a great time at the fort!

My father's birthday is August 8.  I just remembered that we were at WDW over his birthday in 1984.  I would love to start a tradition of launching a Disney balloon on his birthday every year.  He would love it. This will be his second birthday in heaven, and I still miss him so much.

That would be great if you start that tradition! I know how much you miss him and can't imagine how hard it is. 

That is great that you were able to get a balloon for them.  It shows traditions can continue on where you are, you may have to modify it.  The beach seemed to be a perfect place, however the Rose Garden at the MK would not have been a bad spot.

Finding the balloon was just meant to be. The beach was nice because it was just us, quiet and peaceful. The Rose Garden is a construction site right now. :(

Yeah... Bailey "outgrew" the pony rides last year...she is super bummed.  She's only 7.5, but the kid is big for her age...weight wise she's fine, but height she is now 50.5".  Wonder why they have a height limit and not just a weight limit?  It's the weight that a risk for the pony.

Nice pics Kelly...again, looks like you all had a great time :)  I agree with Yvonne, our God is amazing.  Awesome that your friend was able to continue her tradition.  So sorry that she's missing her daddy...tough, tough stuff.

On Elsa and Anna, looks fun but mercy, was the CM who played Anna 16 years old? :)   Not a bad thing, I'm just realizing that these characters are getting younger and younger...or am I just getting older and older? ;)

Ms. Josephine is a crack up.  She showed us her hulu hoop house a few months back...she was so proud that she had figured out how to make it (I guess a guest had shown her how to go up 2-stories).  Love her :)

Z is 43 inches, but he only weighs 35 pounds. He won't weigh 80 until high school at this rate. I wish it was just a weight requirement too. 

The loss of a parent is tough stuff for sure.

I think the characters are getting younger. We'll go with that anyway. LOL

We love Ms. Josephine too. She is a legend. 

It was a sad day in our house when we realized that Stella had outgrown the pony rides.  Here's a little known fact for you....that's the real reason we adopted Anna.  Stella had grown too big and I love the pony rides that much.  And the bonus is....Anna is so tiny she'll be able to ride them until she's 30.  

The secret is out now! 

Dinner at CG was awesome, dh and I argued over who would get the steak and he won. I ended up with the pork and mine was actually a better dish than the steak. The only problem was we made a 9 pm reservation, were seated at 905pm and didn't finish dinner until after 11 pm because of the fireworks. It was a very late night for us with early church the next day. But I would go back in the winter for the early firework show.

Thanks for the tips. Wishes is late when we'll be there in April as well. I'm OK with late nights though. 

IMG_7909.jpg

Red Solo Cup.  I Lift You Up.......

Nice that they're multipurpose, right? 

I realized the same thing about my youngest.  She will be 7.5 this month and she is 55" tall.  I found a height predictor chart online and it says she will be 6' tall, just like her sister.  We keep hoping Disney will make a movie with a tall princess so they could work there.  LOL

TCD’s favorite sign

IMG_7939.jpg

Nope.  That's not my favorite sign.  That one has the wrong font.  Look at my avatar photo.  That's the right one.  Did you know they were different?  Well, they are!

Other than that, what a great update!

What a cool memory Z is going to have of how he learned to hula hoop.

Good job on the tarp photo- that is very impressive.  I also couldn't help but notice all the matching storage tubs on that site.  OCD is my professional diagnosis.

TCD

We had dinner at CG for the wishes show and DD was asleep and missed it. The waitress us that we could have dinner early and then come back and watch the fireworks from the observation deck.

So if you can't get a rezzie during Wishes, don't worry just get one before.

I've heard you can do that. If we go for our anniversary, my dad will be watching Z back at the RV, so the late time doesn't matter quite as much. 

I realized the same thing about my youngest.  She will be 7.5 this month and she is 55" tall.  I found a height predictor chart online and it says she will be 6' tall, just like her sister.  We keep hoping Disney will make a movie with a tall princess so they could work there.  LOL

Wow! She's tall. 

Nope.  That's not my favorite sign.  That one has the wrong font.  Look at my avatar photo.  That's the right one.  Did you know they were different?  Well, they are!

Other than that, what a great update!

What a cool memory Z is going to have of how he learned to hula hoop.

Good job on the tarp photo- that is very impressive.  I also couldn't help but notice all the matching storage tubs on that site.  OCD is my professional diagnosis.

TCD

You are right; I didn't notice that the font is different.

The hula hoop memory is awesome! 

Isn't the tarp city impressive? I did notice the tubs too. Those people are serious. 

Haha... wonder if she'd like being known as a  "legend".   :)    I'm sure she'd tell us, that the CM are getting younger as well ;)

I think she loves being semi-famous! She's such a sweet lady. 

It was time to head to the MK!

Probably since it was midday, the dock wasn’t busy. We waited for the boat in the shade.

IMG_7949.jpg

We passed the shoe tree, which always excites Z.

IMG_7951-1.jpg

Once inside, we walked down Main Street.

We didn’t stop here. I’m still maintaining the boycott.

IMG_7952.jpg

The hub is still under construction.

IMG_7953.jpg

IMG_7954.jpg

It’s ugly now, but I do think it’s going to help with congestion.

We had FP+ for Buzz. Guess what? The FP+ return area has a roped queue just like BTMRR. I think they need these roped areas because people are idiots and don’t understand or at least they pretend not to understand how FP+ works.

IMG_7955.jpg

See this family, the whole line got to wait because they didn’t have FP+ for this ride and had to discuss it.

IMG_7956.jpg

Alright, since I like you guys, I’m going to post the funniest ride photo of myself I’ve ever seen. Are you ready? It’s good!

wd036wdw201418995500397.jpeg

Ha ha ha! I look like a total dork. Yay me. I figure if Dave can do the Harlem Shake, I can show that picture.

Seeing the picture made me forget how bad my score was. One of these days I’ll remember all the tips that are published and rock it.

Since it was a hot afternoon, we needed somewhere cool to wait until our next FP+. The Peoplemover was out because it’s being refurbished. That meant it was time for the COP!

IMG_7961.jpg

Oh yeah!

IMG_7962.jpg

IMG_7963.jpg

Behold, the future!

IMG_7964.jpg

I think it’s going to be a great big beautiful tomorrow. How about you?

Next up, we hit the actual carousel.

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7971.jpg

Then, we rode PP with FP+, but apparently, I don’t have any pictures of that.

And then Mickey’s Philharmagic. Z LOVES this show.

IMG_7972.jpg

It still wasn’t time to ride the Mine Train. I checked the MDE and TP app, and everything had a pretty long wait. Sooooo….

IMG_7975.jpg

We went shopping.

I almost bought this shirt for my husband. I should have. He thought it was both true and funny.

IMG_7976.jpg

Then I got some Disney crack corn.

IMG_7977.jpg

Admit it, that picture made you drool. It’s OK.

And we went back to the Dumbo playground!

We had no intention of riding. We just wanted an air conditioned place to kill some time.

It was a little more crowded, but finding a seat wasn’t an issue.

IMG_7978.jpg

Elena and I sat and chatted while the boys played. A win-win for sure.

Before too long, we headed to the Mine Train!

But we had a problem. It looked like rain, and our last FP+ time was 15 minutes away. There were 2 people working the return line and no line, so I went to the side and explained our situation. It was our last day, and the boys were excited to ride, but it was about to rain. They said no problem and let us in. So there’s a tip for you in case you’re in a similar situation.

I’m glad we went through the regular line the first day because you miss a lot using the FP+ line, not enough to wait 90 or more minutes though!

IMG_7979.jpg

Mine Train 2nd ride!

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7981.jpg

IMG_7983.jpg

Great picture of Elena and D!

IMG_7985.jpg

And the part that Z hates. He was actually mad I took this picture.

IMG_7987.jpg

Remember, one of his favorite rides is the HM, but THIS witch is too scary.

With that, our 3 FP+ experiences were complete, so we were eligible for a 4th. Pooh only had a 20 minute wait… I say only. Usually, I wouldn’t wait that long for most rides, but we decided we’d split. I’d try to get the FPs, and Elena would take the boys there. It does have the interactive queue which kills time quickly. If possible, I’d join them in line.

I had never done this before, so I wasn’t sure how it would work. I took all the bands just in case.

IMG_7990.jpg

Not sure what was going on with the people in front of me. They needed the kiosk and a handheld. Complicated.

Just to clarify what was confirmed here, if you’re all linked, you only need 1 band.

I was hoping for Splash, but knew it was a long shot. And I was right… nope. Elena would be happy. I was trying to drag her there.

BTMRR was available, but for very late at night. HM was available immediately. Yay! Z loves it, and D had asked to ride. Can you believe Elena had never ridden? She has 2 teen boys, plus D, and said she was always the one who had to wait with the kid who was too scared. I figured I could change it if D wasn’t up for it. I didn’t want to take too much time in line and knew I could adjust it on the app.

Luckily, I was able join them in the Pooh line without too much trouble.

IMG_7991.jpg

And we rode.

IMG_7992.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

There’s no way drugs weren’t involved in the creation of this part.

IMG_7994.jpg

Photo limit! We’ll head to the Haunted Mansion next. 

I have never ridden the Pooh ride, though Pooh is my favorite character.  So thank you for the pictures. They have whetted my appetite. :)

I hope D liked HM!

If Pooh is your favorite, it's a "must ride."

Z doesn't like that witch because she is mean to Dave's girlfriend. That's what I think anyways.

That could be it. I think he would like Dave, and he's just defending him. 

Are you kidding?  That witch is my personal hero.  I'd kiss her if I could.  

Oh, and I knew the font was different.  

Sure.... we all know you have a major crush on Snow. It's OK to admit. And don't kiss the witch. INC is much prettier. 

We’ve almost reached the end of this report, but I’m tired, so you’re getting a mini update.

We were heading to the HM with our newly acquired FP+. Remember, I had just gotten it about 15 minutes before this. I can’t read the wait time very well, but I seem to remember it was about 40 minutes. Why would you wait that long when you can just get a 4th FP+? I’m not sure, but people do.

IMG_7997.jpg

You can also see a lot of confusion around the FP+ return area. People are smart.

Murse.

IMG_7998.jpg

Here we go… D’s first time at the HM!

I don’t have pictures, but y’all know to stand next to the lady with the umbrella, right?

TCD like light fixtures, so I took this for him.

IMG_8001.jpg

Something a little unusual happened. The ride broke down twice. The 2nd time was in the attic, and Z looked a little worried. I calmed him down though.

Z likes this scary looking bride. I should probably be worried about that.

IMG_8003.jpg

Two boys who were NOT scared of the HM… they swear.

IMG_8005.jpg

Hey, we can get another FP+! Let’s head to another kiosk.

IMG_8006.jpg

This line didn’t move so fast, probably because all the choices stink.

I was able to get BTMRR, but it was at a time where it was doubtful we’d still be in the park.

We went over to the Hall of Presidents… One of my goals for this trip was to visit attractions I hadn’t seen in a while. I like HoP though.

IMG_8007.jpg

Did you notice the sky? Not good.

I was confused when the rope was across the door.

IMG_8008.jpg

Apparently that’s because they had just closed to door to the show.

So we had some time to wait.

IMG_8009.jpg

We looked around.

IMG_8010.jpg

The boys weren’t tired, but they pretended they were.

IMG_8011.jpg

Z’s favorite face

IMG_8013.jpg

When the show ended, we had 15 minutes to get to dinner. But there was a problem. It was POURING. I mean like a monsoon. What did we do? We threw on ponchos and walked… FAST. Next update, dinner and wrap up.