Totally worth it, a.k.a. What not to do while passing through airport security

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to personally thank you for performing your civic duty..........of posting timely updates on FF.net.

Late but in!

Rhinos good. Serial killers bad.

I know, right?  Scary stuff.

The Rhino faces are so funny!

The bread service and soup look great. Sanaa is on my list of places I want to try someday. 

You definitely should go.  I'll for sure go back but just load up on lots of appetizers next time.

Great first day, and that rhino face is justification for a taser, or pepper spray! I'm sure he's really a nice kid, but someone has to take up the cause!

I almost didn't post that second picture for fear y'all wouldn't be able to look past that awefulness and believe him to be okay afterall. 

Ok, you might want him to stop with the faces, but those are seriously cracking me up.   :rofl3:

And I LOVE Indian food.  That all looks great....I'd be interested in trying all the dips and condiments that come with the naan.  

You have to go.  You have your choice of 5 or 9 of the dips and obviously we went with 9.  We tried them all.  None were bad at all and most were fabulous.  One was very spicy according to Ray, who really only likes spicy food.  I just took his word for it.

Another great update!  I agree those rhino faces are so funny.

Thanks! 

Hey, I know that napkin trick that rhino-boy taught you........

He was so proud of himself for that one. 

Far be it from me to pry into your personal business, but I would have called the Magical Express and arranged a pick up for that boy after seeing that rhino face and napkin bra.

TCD

I know.  But then we would have had to deal with a sullen 18-year-old missing rhino-boy, so we decided to let him stay.

To be fair, it looks more like the face melt guy on Raiders of the Lost Ark than a serial killer. Just sayin'.

You're right!  I looked it up.  He looks remarkably like the thin guy (not the one with glasses).  I was going to post a link to the youtube but can't find one that even the cover picture isn't pretty gross.  It's still a little early in the day and I don't want anyone to lose their breakfast.  Having said that, it reminded me of how much I used to love those movies.

More tonight!  Sorry for no update last night.  We had tickets to the local production of Les Mis, which was phenomenal but kept us out till after 11:00 - waaaaaay past my normal expiration time on a work night.

Time to get going again!

Wednesday morning came extra early, but we had fun stuff to wake up early for – breakfast at TE and the FW Segway tour!  To answer the question I had asked on FF.net a few days before our trip, it appears to be completely dependent on the cab driver as to whether they can/will drive passengers on down to the Settlement area of FW as opposed to dropping everyone off at the Outpost.  Ours had absolutely no interest in driving us on into FW and pretty much tossed us on our butts at the Outpost.  I thought about rummaging around the few golf carts that were there at that early hour to see if anyone had left their keys like Santa Shannon had suggested when I asked the question about how far we would be allowed to go in a cab, but wound up thinking the better of it.  Happily, we were able to jump on a Settlement - purple bus and made it down to the settlement and to TE just as they were opening.

Ray and Danielle waiting for our cab at OKW:

P1080821_zps6c6073dd.jpg

Ghosts must have made this hula hoop tower – no human being would stack hula hoops like that.  (Anyone else regularly watch Ghostbusters?)

P1080822_zps01d7db22.jpg

Danielle wanted someone to play checkers with her.

P1080823_zps0106e505.jpg

But she perked up at the thought of Mickey waffles.

P1080824_zpsbe5bc606.jpg

Man, I love the TE breakfast.  We were the first ones in the restaurant, but all the food was out, and it was hot and yummy.  I was happy to get to get a Mickey waffle too.  Patrick especially was impressed, and made a couple of impressive plates full for himself.  One of the several things I learned on this trip is that you have a much better chance of getting your money’s worth at a buffet with a teenage boy than with any age girl. 

P1080825_zpsc4a97972.jpg

P1080826_zps0c5f3c9d.jpg

Not really sure what this was about, but Danielle was all sugared up and ready to go.

P1080828_zps2b1fc677.jpg

P1080829_zps7a6f6594.jpg

Anyone recognize this view?

P1080830_zpsfbf3cc4b.jpg

After breakfast, we had to hoof it to the Bike Barn.  In hindsight, I might should have tried to get a bus, as Ray really doesn’t like fast walking, and that’s exactly what we had to do to make it there on time for our Segway tour.  But we made it just barely on time, all hot and sweaty from our brisk walk, only to find that they were running late themselves.  Oh well, no big shakes.  We still got to do the Segways!  And man, they were fun.  Ray and I had done the Epcot Segway tour in February 2013 and loved it, and we had a ball this time at FW.  We spent some time in what I think is normally the archery area learning how to drive them, then headed out!  We went through the 1400 loop, made a pit stop at their CS, went through 300 loop to a great picture taking spot that has appeared in other notable TRs, through the stables and TCD Ranch, and then headed down the walking path toward the WL.  We left the path several times for a more off-road experience, then wound up on a path that runs right next to the lake heading back toward River Country.

P1080831_zps83770cc8.jpg

P1080833_zps8f37a6bb.jpg

P1080836_zpsf3b5070e.jpg

P1080837_zps489c7c77.jpg

The BABH!

P1080838_zps9af3f29b.jpg

P1080839_zps78815bd2.jpg

P1080841_zpsa6fe7ea6.jpg

P1080842_zpsf89562f6.jpg

P1080844_zps77917168.jpg

P1080847_zps7a733621.jpg

P1080848_zps7659b9ba.jpg

P1080849_zpsfa7c392f.jpg

Our fearless guide.  He was fun.

P1080851_zpsabeee25a.jpg

We spent some time in the stable.  I think they act like it’s just for everyone to get to see the horses and such, but I think it’s actually designed to let everyone get their legs back after being on the Segways for a little bit.

P1080852_zpsad073405.jpg

P1080854_zps3a38b62d.jpg

Back on again:

P1080858_zpsdf9f98a1.jpg

P1080859_zpsef852c32.jpg

P1080860_zps5efd582e.jpg

Along the way, we would periodically stop for pictures and fun, and even got subjected to got to enjoy some Disney trivia and a serenade by one of our guides.   Despite all my wishing and hoping, we did not get to go close enough to River Country to see anything or go snooping around.  But, it really was so much fun and I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

P1080861_zps6cb6ef50.jpg

P1080863_zps8f3022d1.jpg

He even sang to us:

P1080864_zps3f13d27b.jpg

P1080867_zpsf24b5f48.jpg

Here's where things got funny with Patrick again.  We were at the end of this wonderful tour, all 4 of us having successfully navigated our Segways all around FW with no trouble at all.  But when we were all but done - entering the 1400 loop to make it back to the bike barn, it was as if Patrick lost his mind.  He left our little straight line of tourists on Segways, crossed the street and almost ran into a fence.  The guide was thoroughly miffed and hollered at him to stop, which thankfully he did.  So what in the world made him lost his mind and apparently his ability to drive?  A "crunchy leaf".  Seriously.  His eyes spotted a particular leaf that he just then had to go run over with his Segway, thus evoking the Segway CM wrath.  And what did he have to say for himself afterward?

"Totally worth it."

Ugh.  Crazy boy.  

More tomorrow!  Y'all have a good Wednesday night!

Your son-in-law...oopps, did I just type that?!  That "BOY" traveling with you guys looks to be a HOOT to travel with....  He seems to have fun at everything he does....

We stayed at OKW once, and absolutely fell in love with that large balcony, especially the ones that look out over the golf course, and I'm not even a golfer.

Really enjoying the TR... Especially traveling with a "BOY"... Ashleigh is already pumping us to allow her to bring her "friend boy" as she calls him when we come down in October... I am holding out at "NO" at the moment.

Your son-in-law...oopps, did I just type that?! That "BOY" traveling with you guys looks to be a HOOT to travel with.... He seems to have fun at everything he does....

My parents took my boyfriend at the time to Disney with us and now he's my DH so you never know!!! Actually Brian has never been to Disney without my parents. Twice dating and 3 times married.

And the same goes for my brother and his wife. My parents took us all together DH and I were 19ish and my brother and his then GF was 20ish.

And my dad and Brian went fishing in Alaska for 10 days when we were dating (We had known him for about 5 years).

My parents took my boyfriend at the time to Disney with us and now he's my DH so you never know!!! Actually Brian has never been to Disney without my parents. Twice dating and 3 times married.

And the same goes for my brother and his wife. My parents took us all together DH and I were 19ish and my brother and his then GF was 20ish.

And my dad and Brian went fishing in Alaska for 10 days when we were dating (We had known him for about 5 years).

Was it not you that told us your parents like your hubby more then they like you, maybe it's you they let still hang around but that's just because of the 2 wonderful grand kids you gave them :rofl2:  :rofl2:

Those Segways must throw your equilibrium off.  The pictures you posted after riding those are all crooked.

I'd say you were right, except the deal is that you're not supposed to take pictures while moving.  I try to be a rule follower, and in most of my life I am, but I was having too much fun to not take pictures.  But on the fly like that, something had to give, and the straightness of the pictures is what it was.

I'm beginning to wonder about Crunchy Leaf Rhino Boy.

Me too.

I am noticing in some of these pictures Patrick is standing or sitting very close to Danielle. Did you not remind them to leave room for the Holy Spirit?

I think they need another reminder!  ::)

Good one!

Great pictures & great report!

Thanks!

Your son-in-law...oopps, did I just type that?!  That "BOY" traveling with you guys looks to be a HOOT to travel with....  He seems to have fun at everything he does....

We stayed at OKW once, and absolutely fell in love with that large balcony, especially the ones that look out over the golf course, and I'm not even a golfer.

Really enjoying the TR... Especially traveling with a "BOY"... Ashleigh is already pumping us to allow her to bring her "friend boy" as she calls him when we come down in October... I am holding out at "NO" at the moment.

Good luck!  I'm afraid that now that we have taken Patrick, we may have boys more regularly on these trips.  Almost all of Jodi's best friends are boys so she's already making noise about taking one of them next time.  We'll see...

Ghostbusters is coming back to theatres....

"The flowers are still standing!"

Well done!  I saw this yesterday on FB and thought it was awesome:

dana_zpse9ce4f43.jpg

Very interesting!  We (hopefully) have a looooong time before anyone goes from dating to anything further than that in our family.  But that really is super that your dad and husband are so close!

The segway tour looks like so much fun!  How long did it last?

Right at 2 hours.  It was definitely lots and lots of fun.  Well worth the time and expense.

Wow!  It's so nice that they are that close.

I agree.

We took a boyfriend to Disneyland once. That was the end of that relationship.

I worried about an ending like that.   Traveling with someone provides lots of opportunities to really get to know someone better - good, bad and ugly.  :whew:

Continuing on with Wednesday.  We had just finished up the Segway tour.  Y'all will have to forgive the probably-way-too-many-pictures-of-Danielle this installment, especially with the Frozen girls.  Danielle leaves in just 3 weeks for college way far away.  I'm so excited for her but really going to miss her terribly.  And this summer has just been a wonderful one with her.  So, I kind of went overboard in pictures with her and princesses, but I just loved that they brought out the little girl in my big girl again.

So anyway, the Segway tour was from 8:30 to 10:30, and concluded right on time.  The next issue was that our first FP+ reservations were from 10:30-11:30 and it was definitely a can’t miss, at least for Danielle – meeting Anna and Elsa.  (I bet you thought that since she was 18, we wouldn’t necessarily have to go see them, right?  Wrong.)  So, we all got to briskly walk again, this time back to the Settlement to catch the MK boat.  Thankfully, one was just arriving when we got there and we made it to the MK in enough time to get to meet the Frozen girls.  We also got there just in time for another Biblical rain storm to hit.  But we poncho’d up on the boat in another batch of $1 ponchos and made it to Anna and Elsa, who seemingly were waiting just for our arrival.  Danielle, the high school graduate that she is, really enjoyed it about as much as the little girls I saw there.  It was a lot of fun.  Even Ray and Patrick tolerated the princess time nicely.

I call this “Shipwreck in Rain”.

P1080868_zpsde55d3d7.jpg

P1080869_zps57c352f1.jpg

Beautiful sky, huh?

P1080870_zps1ee836b0.jpg

But who cares about the weather when you get to meet these girls inside!

wd008wdw201419798167575_zpsda0643d0.jpeg

wd010wdw201419798167577_zps687cb96e.jpeg

wd011wdw201419798167578_zpsac4490be.jpeg

wd013wdw201419798167580_zps03f4965b.jpeg

wd014wdw201419798167701_zpse624b3e4.jpeg

wd015wdw201419798167703_zpse4abbdaa.jpeg

wd017wdw201419798168245_zpsefa65bfb.jpeg

wd022wdw201419798168250_zps758e48ea.jpeg

wd025wdw201419798168253_zps965c6ecf.jpeg

wd027wdw201419798168255_zpsf9d24200.jpeg

The running joke with both Anna and Elsa was that Danielle had Sven on her shirt, which she loved.  Both princesses were cute, but Anna was just adorable.

After meeting the Frozen girls, it was still pouring rain, so we tried to figure out what to do.  We had 7DMT FP+, but it was down due to the storm.  As best I can recall, Ray and I split from Danielle and Patrick for a little bit, but eventually all made our way back to OKW for some well deserved naptime.

It was much cooler than normal that afternoon, so after napping, Ray and I headed out for a run and accomplished what I had been wanting to do since staying at OKW in March 2013 – run from OKW to SSR.  I have no idea why that intrigued me so much (other than the fact that I tried once before and got lost), but it did.  We found the path and had a fun run.  We also found the SSR Treehouses, which I really want to stay at sometime.  They look like they would be great for a big group like we generally have on our trips these days.  Upon seeing them in person, I still definitely think that they look like a great option for us sometime.

IMG_2942_zps3130296d.jpg

That's it for tonight - I'm actually going to try to get most of a full night's sleep tonight!  TGIF tomorrow though!

With a bigger group you should like the Treehouses.  The extra bedroom makes a huge difference.  Also, since your children are older, those steps are not so bad.  Even though I hated those steps with strollers and carrying a little one up and down, I really enjoyed the treehouse.

Love the Jackson Hole T-shirt.

The Segway CMs are the same ones that do the archery class.  One claims to be an Olympic archer.  I guess on your tour, the other claims to be an Oylmpic Segway master.......

Rain SMB.