My fiancée and I are planning on returning to The Fort in September. We have APs but are thinking this time that we will spend more time hopping around the resorts and checking them out as we never really do that. My question is, what would be the best way to do this? Drive our TV around? Hop on a bus, go to a park, pick a resort to go to, then when we're done there, go back to a park and do it for another resort? Thanks for your help with this.

Cody

You drink, she drives. :rofl3:

Have you been talking to Brian?

Monorail resorts are easy - just hop a boat to Contemporary.

Driving is the easiest way to other resorts.  Otherwise you have to switch buses somewhere - either at an open park or DTD.

But I'm with the consensus above, if adult beverages are involved, let Disney do the driving.

Best bang for the resort hopping bus = monorail resorts, but you can also visit a bunch if you hop on over to the Epcot resorts - Boardwalk, Swalphin, Yacht/Beach.. plus a stroll around the lake can be nice.

Even though it's a bit far, I'd put AKL on the list.  There are 3 bar/lounge areas where you can get beverages and food - Sanaa, Jiko and Victoria Falls (located above Boma) and the resort itself is great to explore.

But don't discount the moderates and even the value resorts. They all have something worth seeing.

If you want whimsy and gigantic Disney characters, All-Stars, Pop Century, and the Art of Animation are fun places to visit.

Agreed!  I've got AoA on the List of Fun for November.

But don't discount the moderates and even the value resorts. They all have something worth seeing.

If you want whimsy and gigantic Disney characters, All-Stars, Pop Century, and the Art of Animation are fun places to visit.

Yes!  Art of Animation, especially the "Cars" section, is amazing!  

On our July trip we did a lot of resort hopping since we only did the parks for 1 day. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Did just what Mo said, monorail for Poly, GF & Contemporary. Then another day took bus to HS then walked to the Epcot resorts. Also ate a lot on the Boardwalk that day too. Beaches & cream & The Bakery. Other days took buses to Port Orleans & Coronado Springs. I highly recommend this for a change.

AKL is well worth the trip, especially if you have kids. Lots of activites for them. Also, they have a campfire nightly and they provide everything for free including wipes when you are done.

If you do the Epcot resorts I think,someone mentioned that you can take the HS bus. There is a short path along the boat canal from the park entrance over to the side of the Grand Floridian. Hardly anyone uses it, it's a really nice place to take a leisurely stroll.

What is this 4pm tour you speak of?

The tour Beckers posted the link to is at 3:45 and is the Culinary tour, but there are two Cultural tours at 4:00.

There are others as well at different times.

Seeing this, I bet Mo posts the AKL activities page.

"3:45pm Culinary Tour - Boma - Flavors of Africa followed by Jiko - The Cooking Place

Join one of our Cultural Representatives as they take you on a tour, sharing history and cuisine of our African-inspired restaurants.

4:00pm Cultural Tour of Sanaa

Discover the inspiration behind this unique location through the eyes of one of our Cultural Representatives.

4:00pm African-Inspired, Disney Designed

Take a tour led by one of our Cultural Representatives to learn the story behind the design of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge."

If you do the Epcot resorts I think,someone mentioned that you can take the HS bus. There is a short path along the boat canal from the park entrance over to the side of the Grand Floridian. Hardly anyone uses it, it's a really nice place to take a leisurely stroll.

The DHS bus takes you to DHS, then you can take the boat or make the 15 minute, more or less, walk to the Epcot Resorts area.

I'm confused by the Grand Floridian part. It's no where near the Epcot resorts.

The tour Beckers posted the link to is at 3:45 and is the Culinary tour, but there are two Cultural tours at 4:00.

There are others as well at different times.

Seeing this, I bet Mo posts the AKL activities page.

"3:45pm Culinary Tour - Boma - Flavors of Africa followed by Jiko - The Cooking Place

Join one of our Cultural Representatives as they take you on a tour, sharing history and cuisine of our African-inspired restaurants.

4:00pm Cultural Tour of Sanaa

Discover the inspiration behind this unique location through the eyes of one of our Cultural Representatives.

4:00pm African-Inspired, Disney Designed

Take a tour led by one of our Cultural Representatives to learn the story behind the design of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge."

The DHS bus takes you to DHS, then you can take the boat or make the 15 minute, more or less, walk to the Epcot Resorts area.

I'm confused by the Grand Floridian part. It's no where near the Epcot resorts.

Meant Boardwalk...big fancy hotels all look the same to me... :rofl3:

we use disney transportation when we resort hop.  for one-we don't have a vehicle.  but, we're on vacation - let them do the driving!  we always go to the contemp, poly and lodge.  but, we love to go to all of them.  those are just the easiest to get to.  

Here's the August Activities Schedule for Animal Kingdom Lodge...

I've always wondered...which activites are open to all and which are just for folks staying at that particular resort?  We like to resort hop to trade pins in the gift shops and have always wondered about the other programs. I know you can't just plop your self down at any pool you want...but what about the educational programs for kids???

There is a thread somewhere on here about it but I can't find it. This article is a little dated but a blogger I follow on IG just took the tour last week.

http://www.chipandco.com/animal-kingdom-lodges-free-culinary-tour-149084/

That's one thing about FF.Net, everyone can learn something new.

The Boma/Jiko tour was awesome. My Mom and I did it last year. The tour guide we had was from Africa, and they give you a lot of information about the design and décor of the restaurants and also give you free samples of some of the food at both restaurants.

If you stick around AKL when it's dark, they also have night vision glasses viewing of the animals. That was a neat experience too.

I've always wondered...which activites are open to all and which are just for folks staying at that particular resort?  We like to resort hop to trade pins in the gift shops and have always wondered about the other programs. I know you can't just plop your self down at any pool you want...but what about the educational programs for kids???

Our grandkids have done cookie decorating, rubbings, the campfire, and used the craft room at AKL without any issues.  They have also used the playground.  One time they both got picked as the Ambassadors of the Day.

And thats just some of the kid activities.