Frozen Summer at DHS Extended until Sept 28

Kenny the Pirate is writing about the likelihood that the Frozen summer events will be extended, at least until the end of September. One piece pointing to this is the ice rink company's current ad looking for guards through the end of September. 

There is some speculation that some parts might continue even longer.

http://kennythepirate.com/2014/08/05/will-frozen-summer-fun-be-extended-beyond-september-1 

Hmmm...  We are planning to be at DHS on 9/26.  It would be nice for my girls if this was still going on, but I would need to rearrange some touring plans.  At this point, I am waiting for an official announcement before I get worried.

Hmmm...  We are planning to be at DHS on 9/26.  It would be nice for my girls if this was still going on, but I would need to rearrange some touring plans.  At this point, I am waiting for an official announcement before I get worried.

Don't worry. I was able to get all the FP+ times I wanted a week before we went on July 6th. I'm sure that was one of the busiest days for this. 

I hope this is true, we arrive one month from today and DD (8) was devastated when she found out that it was just for the summer months and she was going to miss it. We were at epcot in May and the line to meet Anna and Elsa was over 3 hours long and it was raining at the time. Child was upset to say the least but no way were we standing 3 hours in the rain to meet them.

No longer a rumor.  From the Disney Parks Blog...

Since last month’s debut of “Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios,” Olaf the snowman has really been enjoying his very first summer vacation. Our guests have been having an icy blast, too, being part of Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome, singing along during “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration,” and ice skating and playing in the snow at Wandering Oaken’s Frozen Funland!

MFF807742-613x408.jpg

This popular special event was originally set to melt away September 1, but who says summer has to end on Labor Day? After all, it’s warm and sunny much of the year in Central Florida! Now Olaf – and many of you – will be pleased to hear that due to popular demand, “Frozen Summer Fun” is being extended through September 28!

You can enjoy everything “Frozen Summer Fun” has to offer for an additional four weeks. Most entertainment and other features will continue daily, while the “Frozen Fireworks” Spectacular will be presented each night through September 1, and then switch to Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, September 5-28.

Who else is excited for one more month of “Frozen Summer Fun”? Let us know in the comments what you’re most looking forward to doing – or doing again – when you visit.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/08/keeping-the-frozen-summer-fun-going-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Wow, I just talked to Twin #2 about this last night, and she didn't know.

Twin #2 has been working at Wandering Oaken's Trading Post all week, and the rumors about the extension of Frozen Summer Fun were being openly discussed there.  She said every day, a parade of suits came in to look around. Even the president of Hollywood Studios, who stopped and chatted with her.  The way managers were talking, she thought the store would definitely be staying open, but she didn't know about all the other stuff. 

Now we know.

TCD

"After all, it’s warm and sunny much of the year in Central Florida! Now Olaf – and many of you – will be pleased to hear that due to popular demand, “Frozen Summer Fun” is being extended through September 28!"

And then on October 1, "Frozen Winter Fun" begins!   Cash cow. 

LOL.  As long as the money is coming in, Frozen ain't going nowhere.

TCD

"You can enjoy everything “Frozen Summer Fun” has to offer for an additional four weeks"

I'm jumping for joy.

"Who else is excited for one more month of “Frozen Summer Fun”

I can't tell you how excited I am.

"Let us know in the comments what you’re most looking forward to doing"

I'll be too busy reclassifying my ping pong ball collection.

Actually, I may have to work one of those. It's one of the events that is staffed by PEO(Park Event Operations).

"You can enjoy everything “Frozen Summer Fun” has to offer for an additional four weeks"

I'm jumping for joy.

Actually, I may have to work one of those. It's one of the events that is staffed by PEO(Park Event Operations).

I'll look for you on the skating rink!  :hah:

Okay, so how exactly might I work this into our touring plan?  

Here is the plan from before:

Planning to get to DHS by 1:00pm

1. If arrive soon enough, may do Animation Academy (ask CM at entrance about wait)
2. Ride Toy Story Mania with FP+, 1:30pm – 2:00pm (FP+ 1:20pm-2:20pm)
3. Wander down Sunset Boulevard, eating late lunch – BLT’s
4. Watch Beauty and the Beast 3:00pm – 3:30pm
5. Potty break
6. Find seats for Indiana Jones and eat snack 3:40pm – 4:00pm
7. Watch Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular 4:00pm – 4:30pm
8. Ride Star Tours 4:40pm – 5:00pm (FP+ 4:00pm – 5:00pm)
9. Muppet Vision 3D 5:10pm – 5:30pm
10. Ride Tower of Terror 5:50pm – 6:15pm (5:35pm – 6:35pm) (Ride Photo!)
11. Ride Rockin’ Roller Coaster 6:20pm – 7:05pm (Ride photo!)
12. Find seats for Fantasmic and have dinner. – Turkey and cheese wraps
13. Watch Fantasmic.
14. Maybe, just maybe, hop to Epcot to ride Malestorm before it closes.

I'm jumping for joy.

Geez how long does it take you to arrange those ping pong balls? Seems like you're always doing that.

Okay, so how exactly might I work this into our touring plan?  

Here is the plan from before:

Planning to get to DHS by 1:00pm

1. If arrive soon enough, may do Animation Academy (ask CM at entrance about wait)
2. Ride Toy Story Mania with FP+, 1:30pm – 2:00pm (FP+ 1:20pm-2:20pm)
3. Wander down Sunset Boulevard, eating late lunch – BLT’s
4. Watch Beauty and the Beast 3:00pm – 3:30pm
5. Potty break
6. Find seats for Indiana Jones and eat snack 3:40pm – 4:00pm
7. Watch Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular 4:00pm – 4:30pm
8. Ride Star Tours 4:40pm – 5:00pm (FP+ 4:00pm – 5:00pm)
9. Muppet Vision 3D 5:10pm – 5:30pm
10. Ride Tower of Terror 5:50pm – 6:15pm (5:35pm – 6:35pm) (Ride Photo!)
11. Ride Rockin’ Roller Coaster 6:20pm – 7:05pm (Ride photo!)
12. Find seats for Fantasmic and have dinner. – Turkey and cheese wraps
13. Watch Fantasmic.
14. Maybe, just maybe, hop to Epcot to ride Malestorm before it closes.

I'm not sure what the situation with sing-a-long passes are, but the sing-a-long is better than Indiana Jones and Muppets. I move your Star Tours time to try to fit the sing-a-long in. Then you could possibly do Fantasmic and then watch the fireworks, but I'm not sure where you could watch them from out that way. Maybe TCD can help? 

What time are you expecting to get out of Fantismic?

Fantasmic is scheduled to start at 8pm and from what I have read is 25 minutes long.  Given crowds and such, hoping to get out of that by 8:45 and be on our way (under the old plan) to Epcot (only if Maelstorm rumors are true) by 9:00pm.  Epcot is open until 10pm that night so I thought we may just squeak in under the wire.

Kelly, this is where I start to tear my hair out because if rumors are true, then Indiana Jones is on its way out also, and we really wanted to see it before it is gone.  I know three of my gang would love the Sing-along.  Do you remember what time that starts?

My jigsaw puzzle of what rides to ride when is starting to fall apart.   :panic:

Another option would be to change our Epcot day to Saturday (again, if the Maelstorm rumors are true), but that woud mean trying to do everything we want to at Epcot on a Saturday during F&W.   :banghead:

I know this will all work out and I am over thinking.  At least, i keep trying to tell myself that.  

Thanks to those who read my ramblings and try to help! :heart:

Another option would be to change our Epcot day to Saturday (again, if the Maelstorm rumors are true), but that woud mean trying to do everything we want to at Epcot on a Saturday during F&W.   :banghead:

I've never been then, but if what you are trying to do has nothing to do with F&W, you might be OK. What are your plans in Epcot. 

People say there tired of Frozen which has not even been out one year yet. But what about the other princess that people have been swooning over for decades. People have been dreaming of seeing Cinderellas castle for years. And look how long Dave chased Snow White she made him go crazy and get hooked on cinnamon rolls. Plus Snow White had her own ride for years.