Huge DHS Rumor-mill Fodder and Epcot, Wilderness Lodge, and Universal

That's most of Disney.

Correction, it's all of WDW.

I don't understand it, but people are spending the money on the events below. And some of those prices don't include tax or tip.

They'll pay those ridiculous prices, but they'll complain about ticket prices.

Harambe Nights $119

Illuminations Dessert Party $49

Epcot Wind Down $35

Frozen Summer Fun $69

Ice Skating $10

Eat to the Beat Dining Pkg.$50/80

Food & Wine Festival Premium Package $199

Epcot Late Nights Street Party $79

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, I don't know about that.  Jar Jar is quite marketable, and quite tasty.  

They have to!  

Here is a link for a podcast from Jim Hill and Len Testa: http://superfluffybunny.com/UnofficialGuideDisneyDish-WDWsNext5Years-Ep62.mp3 And here are the notes I jotted down so you dont have to waste 9

I don't understand it, but people are spending the money on the events below. And some of those prices don't include tax or tip.

Harambe Nights $119

Epcot Wind Down $35

Frozen Summer Fun $69

Ice Skating $10

But some of those include "free" alcohol.  

:rofl3:

Here is a link for a podcast from Jim Hill and Len Testa:

http://superfluffybunny.com/UnofficialGuideDisneyDish-WDWsNext5Years-Ep62.mp3

And here are the notes I jotted down so you dont have to waste 90 minutes of your life like I did:

DHS 5-year plus build

-Star Wars Land first component to begin building as early as January 2015

-Echo lake goes away for most part and becomes Tatooine and connects via street to Star Tours-complex of buildings and side streets

There will be 10-15 Use the Force vignettes like using your wand at Diagon Alley--you can be talked into switching to the dark side

-SW Jedi Academy goes indoors to Sounds Dangerous

-x-wing spinner dumbo ride....button to open the x-wings

-cantina restaurant

-American Idol becomes part of "Star Tours Land" after being used temporarily as frozen singalong

-speederbike coaster ride?

-Hollywood and Vine stays

Indiana Jones staying due to corporate parties/cheerleading groups booked through 2018

-Indy was going to be speeder-bikes ride in initial plans

-New Rides from a lot of spinners, B tix, C tix. And a few D, E-ticket rides

Jim said there will be a lot of pushback from the Star Wars geeks when the plans are revealed

-Osbourne lights will remain but will be renamed and become related to ABC show "Great Christmas Light Fight" The champion will get to decorate part of the streets of America

-Possible Frozen area?

-Ride Tech from Ratatouille ride in paris is coming to DHS but not Ratatouille themed ride

-Great Movie Ride going away but one of the last things to get done bc of dinners at wizard of oz scene booked for next 3 years/"something very cool" is going in there-work begin fall 2017

-BAH? Will be staying in "some form". Stage shows are popular so even if the hat went, the stage would stay

Sunset Blvd-possibly Tangled stage show to replace Beauty and the beast?

They are hesitating to switch to Tangled before they see how popular the New Beauty and the Beast live action movie will be

Maelstrom-becomes Frozen ride and opens in 2016

Epcot-Illuminations replacement show is in full development

Have had Meetings about the "Yeti" problem when deciding what to do at Shanghai/Pandora floating mountains, are now building cat walks into those type of rides/features so they can be more easily fixed

Iger wants to stay until Pandora is open in 2017 at AK

DVC changeout at wilderness lodge

300-400 rooms to be moved to DVC inventory

Goal to be done with everything by 2021 for WDW 50th anniversary

Take it for what it's worth. I am still waiting for the Monsters Inc Coaster. LOL

Whew... that's a lot of info :)   It will be interesting to see, just how much of it actually happens!

Harambe Nights $119

Epcot Wind Down $35

Frozen Summer Fun $69

Ice Skating $10

If people really are complaining about ticket prices but still buying into the extras, then they're just being silly and looking to complain about something.  No one is making them spend the extra money. Heck, no one is making them go at all!

Personally I think some of the extras are worth the money - not all, but some.  If I feel I'm really getting significantly more than I can on my normal park ticket, for a price that works in our budget, then I don't have a problem with it at all. 

For example, we've done the F&W dessert party and felt it was definitely worth it and practically a deal by WDW standards.  It cost us about as much as a really nice meal would anyway, and we felt like we got more out of it than we would have with just a dinner.

I'm also seriously considering the Wild Africa Trek for our upcoming trip.  Sure it's pricey, but it sounds like a lot of fun and very interesting, and if I can make it work for the budget, I will. We may definitely take a whack at Epcot After Hours if it's still being offered, and I'd also consider Harambe Nights if I can make that work, although that's lower down the list.

I think part of the reason people pay for this stuff, at least the way it works for us, is that going to WDW is something we do once a year (for the most part) and is our one big vacation.  That makes us more inclined to consider working in some extras if the budget allows.

Are all of these worth the money?  Totally a personal decision. (or as FWG would say "No")

Are they for everyone?  Definitely not. 

But judging by the fact that these things are offered more and more, test runs keep getting extended, and some of them sell out very quickly, I'd say Disney is hitting the mark for some people, even if others think they're nuts.  8)

even if others think they're nuts. 

That would be me.

We're certainly not on a budget, but we won't pay those prices for any of those offerings. In fact, unless it's a special circumstance, we never eat at any of the WDW restaurants unless I'm able to get the CM discount.

Let's take the Sparkling Dessert Party for $49 as an example.

It's only about a 90 minute experience. The deserts are fine, but how many desserts can you really eat. And as for the Champagne they offer, not exactly the top of the line. Ok, you get VIP fireworks viewing, so what? The thousands of other guests that watch it for free seem to like it just fine.

When we did the F&W dessert party they had much more than just desserts, and they offered a pretty big variety of wines, champagnes and liquers that were actually very good.  And it was nice to get viewing for Illuminations in a great spot that you really can't any longer, as it's used for reserved seating now, without having to stake out a spot ahead of time or fight the crowds.

So for us it was worth it and we'd definitely do it again.  We did the F&W tequila tasting that year as well and enjoyed that also.  It was a relatively cheaper offering by WDW standards, but for us it was worth the money.

But then we also enjoy eating at WDW restaurants also... even with just our TiW discount.  :)

To each his own. 

If you stop by the Outback in the 3000 loop and I am out grilling I will throw a burger on for you and mix you up a Kungaloosh for nuthin'.

If you stop by the Outback in the 3000 loop and I am out grilling I will throw a burger on for you and mix you up a Kungaloosh for nuthin'.

Jim, speaking of the 3000 loop, I have a question for you.  I got your confirmation email for my site reservation at Christmas in 3000.  The per night site fee of $450 is as we discussed, but what is with the $50/night "corkage" fee?  And what is with the $30/night "blackberry brandy tax"? 

Please advise. 

I'm hoping the current discount extends into the fall, but even if it doesn't, I think I need to make this happen. :)

Book a few nights at the AKL. We loved the fact every time we stepped out on the balcony we saw wildlife. I know it's not the same but there's a really nice pool and rocking chairs off of the main lobby to enjoy the view.

Jim, speaking of the 3000 loop, I have a question for you.  I got your confirmation email for my site reservation at Christmas in 3000.  The per night site fee of $450 is as we discussed, but what is with the $50/night "corkage" fee?  And what is with the $30/night "blackberry brandy tax"? 

Please advise.

You gotta pay for quality.

Mo, wouldn't it be easier to list the one or two things that you don't want to do?

LOL!  Well there are 2 lists.  The more realistic "some day" list, and the "if I win the lottery" list.

They're actually both about the same length because there are plenty of things where I say "oh that sounds fun" and then see the price and say "not THAT fun!"

• 6 months later...

Adding more fuel to the Star Wars Land rumor mill...

Everyone knows that Disney is working on new Star Wars attractions for all of their theme parks. But I don’t think anyone expected to see something as soon as next year.

At the Indiana Jones Adventure 20th Anniversary panel that was recently held for Annual Passholders, Tony Baxter mentioned he always liked Indy more than Han. When no one applauded at that, he said:

“You’ll look forward to next year’s treat”

As he was obviously talking about Star Wars, he could have just confirmed that they do have some kind of theme park plans for Star Wars next year. 2015 is the 60th Anniversary of Disneyland, and as they don’t want construction walls all over the place this year, the most realistic thing would be new destinations on Star Tours featuring Episode VII planets. Adding new planets to that ride doesn’t require any major downtime, so it could be a quick addition.

You can watch Tony Baxter’s presentation here via Skywalking Through Neverland the comments start at 5:11:

http://youtu.be/yT6NuGKWrV4

http://furiousfanboys.com/2015/03/did-disney-just-confirm-a-new-star-wars-attraction-in-2016/

• 3 weeks later...

From WDW News Today. Purple bolding is mine...

50 Cent’s SMS Audio Announces Disney Parks Partnership, Set to Sponsor Star Tours
From Twice.com:

Delray Beach, Fla. — SMS Audio, the audio manufacturer helmed by rapper 50 Cent, announced it is has entered into a strategic alliance with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

As part of the agreement, SMS Audio is now the official headphones of Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, as well as of the Official Disney Fan Club. It will also be a sponsor of “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue” attraction at Hollywood Studios, and a sponsor of the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend and Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend at Disneyland Resort.

SMS Audio’s products are currently sold throughout the resorts, and the new Second Edition Star Wars collection will be available later this spring. Products will also be featured at Disney’s annual Star Wars Weekends, and SMS will participate in the D23 Expo 2015: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event, held this summer at California’s Anaheim Convention Center.

Brian Nohe, SMS Audio president, said in a statement that the company plans to build upon the partnership even further. SMS’s first Lucasfilms- (and thus Disney-) licensed products became available in May 2014. Nohe noted to TWICE a few months later: “A lot people questioned why we’d do that, and the reason is there’s a lot of Star Wars fans. They really appreciate quality product. … We sold out of our first couple runs of Star Wars products, and it’s doing fabulous.”

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/03/50-cents-sms-audio-announces-disney-parks-partnership-set-to-sponsor-star-tours/

The key to a site that thrives on rumors is to make up as many as you can, so that you later can claim that you accurately predicted something, while ignoring all the things you were wrong about.

Kind of like miracles.

There's no doubt that at some point, Disney will be trying to milk more money out of the Star Wars franchise. So, it's hardly a bold prediction to say that Star Wars stuff will be added to a park.

A Dumbo style spinner? Why not?

Some expanded themed area? Sure.

More DVC rooms? Wow- who saw that coming?

This is much ado about nothing.

Agree. The Star Wars Land makes a lot of sense, though. But it's a no brainer. They paid for it, might as well cash in on it. My hope above all hopes is that Disney fixes Star Wars by retconning the awful prequel movies. But I doubt that'll happen. Although I don't know why not. Very few, if any, of the prequel characters are marketable.