Huge DHS Rumor-mill Fodder and Epcot, Wilderness Lodge, and Universal

Here is a link for a podcast from Jim Hill and Len Testa:

http://superfluffybunny.com/UnofficialGuideDisneyDish-WDWsNext5Years-Ep62.mp3

And here are the notes I jotted down so you dont have to waste 90 minutes of your life like I did:

DHS 5-year plus build

-Star Wars Land first component to begin building as early as January 2015

-Echo lake goes away for most part and becomes Tatooine and connects via street to Star Tours-complex of buildings and side streets

There will be 10-15 Use the Force vignettes like using your wand at Diagon Alley--you can be talked into switching to the dark side

-SW Jedi Academy goes indoors to Sounds Dangerous

-x-wing spinner dumbo ride....button to open the x-wings

-cantina restaurant

-American Idol becomes part of "Star Tours Land" after being used temporarily as frozen singalong

-speederbike coaster ride?

-Hollywood and Vine stays

Indiana Jones staying due to corporate parties/cheerleading groups booked through 2018

-Indy was going to be speeder-bikes ride in initial plans

-New Rides from a lot of spinners, B tix, C tix. And a few D, E-ticket rides

Jim said there will be a lot of pushback from the Star Wars geeks when the plans are revealed

-Osbourne lights will remain but will be renamed and become related to ABC show "Great Christmas Light Fight" The champion will get to decorate part of the streets of America

-Possible Frozen area?

-Ride Tech from Ratatouille ride in paris is coming to DHS but not Ratatouille themed ride

-Great Movie Ride going away but one of the last things to get done bc of dinners at wizard of oz scene booked for next 3 years/"something very cool" is going in there-work begin fall 2017

-BAH? Will be staying in "some form". Stage shows are popular so even if the hat went, the stage would stay

Sunset Blvd-possibly Tangled stage show to replace Beauty and the beast?

They are hesitating to switch to Tangled before they see how popular the New Beauty and the Beast live action movie will be

Maelstrom-becomes Frozen ride and opens in 2016

Epcot-Illuminations replacement show is in full development

Have had Meetings about the "Yeti" problem when deciding what to do at Shanghai/Pandora floating mountains, are now building cat walks into those type of rides/features so they can be more easily fixed

Iger wants to stay until Pandora is open in 2017 at AK

DVC changeout at wilderness lodge

300-400 rooms to be moved to DVC inventory

Goal to be done with everything by 2021 for WDW 50th anniversary

Take it for what it's worth. I am still waiting for the Monsters Inc Coaster. LOL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, I don't know about that.  Jar Jar is quite marketable, and quite tasty.  

They have to!  

Here is a link for a podcast from Jim Hill and Len Testa: http://superfluffybunny.com/UnofficialGuideDisneyDish-WDWsNext5Years-Ep62.mp3 And here are the notes I jotted down so you dont have to waste 9

Woof!  That's a whole lotta stuff.  Thanks for taking one for team and summarizing, Aaron!

Yes, Jim Hill has "reported" on a bunch of stuff in the past that never amounted to anything.  That said, a lot of this would make sense and we do know that Iger announced last week that a Star Wars themed land was coming to *A* park.

I guess time will tell...

The key to a site that thrives on rumors is to make up as many as you can, so that you later can claim that you accurately predicted something, while ignoring all the things you were wrong about.

There's no doubt that at some point, Disney will be trying to milk more money out of the Star Wars franchise. So, it's hardly a bold prediction to say that Star Wars stuff will be added to a park.

A Dumbo style spinner? Why not?

Some expanded themed area? Sure.

More DVC rooms? Wow- who saw that coming?

This is much ado about nothing.

TCD

Rumors, rumors. I like some if not most of the rumors.

But my question is what is the dinner at the Wizard of Oz all about?

They usually host an expensive Tables in Wonderland dinner inside the Great Movie Ride once or twice a year. They move all the cars out of the way, and you have drinks and appetizers in one room, the main course in another room, and I think dessert and after dinner drinks in the Wizard of Oz room.

They usually host an expensive Tables in Wonderland dinner inside the Great Movie Ride once or twice a year. They move all the cars out of the way, and you have drinks and appetizers in one room, the main course in another room, and I think dessert and after dinner drinks in the Wizard of Oz room.

I'd like that... But wouldn't like the price tag.