We had both our Smart car and a golf cart this summer at the Fort, I think the golf cart was bigger. I did see someone come in with what looked like a Smart car but he said it was a  Chinese knock off, it was electric and street legal, he took the license plate off and put a Fort Wilderness license plate on it and used it as a golf cart.

What are all the truck passengers going to do with a Smart Car?

TCD

My thoughts exactly

I've seen custom builders online that will do it.  Pretty pricey though! 

Guy around the corner from me has a lifted chevy 2500 HD with the 3 rows of seats, claims it was over $100K to have built

I think it's more like a lifeboat on a cruise ship, in case that big ugly truck runs out of fuel.

I have seen several vehicles like this being used as a golf cart at the fort so you might get away with it if you drive carefully.

324016457_748_zps9j0nzulj.jpg

Uh, no.

You can drive a Gem car to and from your site, but not like a golf cart.

The rules specifically prohibit them:

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/golf-cart-rentals-disney-fort-wilderness-and-r100

GolfCartRules-1012a.jpg

GolfCartRules-1012b.jpg

But, then again, the rules specifically prohibit skateboards, and I don't think I've ever been to the Fort where I haven't seen skateboards in use.

TCD

That may be true but I've seen them parked in the cart lot at the boat dock many times. Also seen several UTVs at the fort including an electric Polaris.

I have not seen many GEM cars parked in the golf cart parking areas- this is one thing that the Rangers seem to enforce.  When they feel like it.

I'm not sure what a UTV is, but if that's what a Polaris is, then I agree with you there.

I've seen the occasional motorcycle in the Settlement golf cart parking area.  There's nobody there to stop them.

TCD