1) Is 30 minutes per country in World Showcase enough time to get a good overview. (I mostly need reassurance about this, as I am not sure where to find more time!) I have made the younger two passports that I am hoping the CM's will stamp and autograph.

2) We were planning to spend some time at AK just looking at the Tree of Life. Will this be inaccessible due to construction walls? (We will be in AK 9/26/14)

1) Is 30 minutes per country in World Showcase enough time to get a good overview. (I mostly need reassurance about this, as I am not sure where to find more time!) I have made the younger two passports that I am hoping the CM's will stamp and autograph.

Marty, it depends on the country.

Mexico, yes.  But be sure the kids have time to watch the artisans at work.

Norway, yes, since Maelstrom and the accompanying film are going away.  Check out the chapel if it's open again.  Otherwise just eating and shopping.

China, no.  Browse the tomb warriors area and see the film.

Germany, yes, especially since you won't be eating there.  But let the kids see the Black Forest clocks and, of course, the caramel store.

Italy, yes.  Be sure and catch the street performers if they are out while you're there.  Otherwise just eating and shopping. 

American Adventure, no.  The Voices of America are wonderful, and so is the show.  Plan on spending an hour there.

Japan, yes.  Especially since Miyuki is no longer performing.  Basically just eating and shopping.

Morocco, yes.  But take the kids into the Moroccan museum.

France, no.  Please watch the film.

United Kingdom, yes.  But don't miss the gardens.

Canada, no.  Taking the time to see the film is worth it.  And the area on the way to the film is breathtaking.

Just my $.02.

The chapel in Norway is open, saw it a couple days ago.  Disney explains how they researched Norway to use it in Frozen. 

You will be at Epcot before Maelstrom closes..ride it!

We have FP+ for Maelstrom!  :banana:

Gwen, great info - Thanks! :heartsmiley:

The chapel in Norway is open, saw it a couple days ago.  Disney explains how they researched Norway to use it in Frozen. 

You will be at Epcot before Maelstrom closes..ride it!

Yes, please ride it!  You will be one of the last Fiends to experience it!

20120303EPCOTNorway01.jpg

Anybody know about the walls at AK?

Glad you asked. I have the inside scoop.

They're 8 feet high, mostly plywood, hopefully exterior grade. They're painted 2 shades of puke green, and have signs about every 30 feet that I'm guessing, have that silly message about putting up an ugly wall so that you might enjoy that space in the future.

Here's some behind the scenes info about something you can't see, they're being weighed down with cement blocks.

Glad you asked. I have the inside scoop.

They're 8 feet high, mostly plywood, hopefully exterior grade. They're painted 2 shades of puke green, and have signs about every 30 feet that I'm guessing, have that silly message about putting up an ugly wall so that you might enjoy that space in the future.

Here's some behind the scenes info that you can't see, they're being weighed down with cement blocks.

Thanks Lou. I have been dying to know how those were built. The cement block info is the kind of stuff you can only find here on Fort Fiends.  :rofl2:

p.s. you get an up arrow for that. 

Thanks for all that detailed information.  Knowing about the cement blocks is particularly helpful.

By the way, do they completely block off any walking paths around the Tree of Life?

Thanks Lou. I have been dying to know how those were built. The cement block info is the kind of stuff you can only find here on Fort Fiends.  :rofl2:

p.s. you get an up arrow for that. 

I'm here for you guys and thanks for the arrow Jason.

Oh, I almost forgot. There's a rumor, which I am able to confirm at this time, that when they're done building whatever they're building back there, wait for it, the walls will magically disappear. Those Disney Imagineers are something else.

Marty-

I'm not sure, but I don't think that all of the paths are blocked off.

Even if they are, you can get a very good look at the Tree of Life and all of the carvings on it from the path between the Flights of Wonder show and Harambe Village.

I've marked the area where you can get a great view on this map:

TOL_zpsce8c3bee.jpg

TCD

You brought out the purple crayon just for me!   :heartsmiley:

Does Epcot still have the outdoor model train layout?  If so you have to spend time there, and does Japan still have the drummers?  That is a great show.

Last time we were there was during a flower/garden show and there was a playground near the trains.  Again another expert can tell you if it's still there.

Yes on the train set. 

Yes on the drummers https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/epcot/matsuriza/

Yes on the special playgrounds for the Flower and Garden Festival.  Big ones too.  But, those come down when the Festival is over.

TCD

Yes on the train set. 

Yes on the drummers https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/epcot/matsuriza/

Yes on the special playgrounds for the Flower and Garden Festival.  Big ones too.  But, those come down when the Festival is over.

TCD

Thanks.

I remember the big playgrounds off the walkway between World Showcase and Imaginations, then they had the smaller one back by the train area.  I knew the big ones were just for the flower show but wasnt sure about the smaller one. 

Glad the drummers are still around.