Disneyland or California Adventure.

There's a slim, a very slim chance , i will be going to Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure on Thursday the 25th of September. My DS is graduating from BMW's advance training in Rancho Cucamonga California on the 26th. I'm flying in Wednesday night and staying with my mother that night and then I'll have Thursday free until about 7:00 pm on Thursday. So I'll be about 30 miles from Disneyland. So what the heck I'm going to do all day? I'll only have one day and I don't want to park hop. Which park would you go to and why?

I'm in San Diego and I'm an annual pass holder. I go all the time and I'd say it all depends on whether or not you want to see the original concept for what became The Magic Kingdom or if you want to see a really awesome version of Hollywood Studios with cooler stuff.

Disneyland is awesome. It's sweeter, more charming and easier to manage in a day than MK and has The Matterhorn-the first tubular steel roller coaster and the first Disney roller coaster. CaAdv has the exact same Sorin' (they lifted it and slapped down in Epcot), a cool roller coaster, a truncated Tower of Terror and the amazing Cars Land.

Either way, there will be a bunch of closures due to it bring off-season. But, you'd still have a wonderful time regardless which park you pick.

But, me? I'd go to Disneyland.

I would do CA, as Carol said it has the newer attractions. We were disappointed in DL when we were there in May despite making monthly visits in the early 70's. It was probably due to the fact we are at WDW so much and since it is so much larger.

I'm in San Diego and I'm an annual pass holder. I go all the time and I'd say it all depends on whether or not you want to see the original concept for what became The Magic Kingdom or if you want to see a really awesome version of Hollywood Studios with cooler stuff. Disneyland is awesome. It's sweeter, more charming and easier to manage in a day than MK and has The Matterhorn-the first tubular steel roller coaster and the first Disney roller coaster. CaAdv has the exact same Sorin' (they lifted it and slapped down in Epcot), a cool roller coaster, a truncated Tower of Terror and the amazing Cars Land. Either way, there will be a bunch of closures due to it bring off-season. But, you'd still have a wonderful time regardless which park you pick. But, me? I'd go to Disneyland.

What do you mean by "there will be a bunch of closures due to it bring off-season."

Do they close down attractions when it's slow?  Which ones?

As for your question, Ray, I'd definitely go to DL first, since I've never been.  I know you've been to both parks before, so if I were you, I'd pick whichever park has the most new stuff that I've never seen.

TCD

I'm having mixed emotions. My DW and DD will not be able to go to California. For ours son graduation.

Just now my DS texted me that he is going to have to be in class Thursday all day to make up for two days the instructor was gone or they won't graduate. Now I'm not going to have anything to do on Thursday from 8:00 am to about 7:00 pm and I'll be 30 miles from Disneyland.

What should I do?

You wouldn't be asking if you didn't want to go.

You feel like you need permission to go.

So, go.

I give you permission.

Have fun, and take a lot of pictures.

And don't you dare feel guilty about it.

TCD

x2!!!

You wouldn't be asking if you didn't want to go.

You feel like you need permission to go.

So, go.

I give you permission.

Have fun, and take a lot of pictures.

And don't you dare feel guilty about it.

TCD

Thanks. Now I can go. I just know DW and DD are going to be so jealous.

But hey it's not my fault DW wanted to be in education and DD wants to do well in school.

Ok. Now that I've decided to go I need some of planners to help me with a strategy for getting the most out of my day at California Adventure.

Why CA you ask? Well I haven't been to the new cars land.

So here's my idea. Hit rope drop and run to Cars land to ride Radiator Springs Racers. And then do what ever.

What would you do?

I'm going solo so I can use the single rider lines and I'll get a DAS. Which will help a lot.

Ok give me your ideas!!!