RUMOR: Backlot Tour closing for Pixar Place expansion

The rumor is back... based on the operating schedule for things in that section ending Oct. 11th. I'm not saying it's likely. I'm just sharing. 

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2014/09/bye-bye-backlot-tour-hollywood-studios-pixar-place-expansion-coming-many-current-attractions-closing-soon/

We can hope.  The backlot tour has been a snooze for many years now, IMO.  I say get the bulldozer warmed up. 

We can hope, but would they tackle this at the same time as the reimagined Frozen ride and AK expansion? Doubtful. But pretty much anything would be an improvement. 

I hope they keep the plane on display some where.

Also wondering where all those props will be sold

I would love to see a much larger version of One Man's Dream built somewhere on WDW property that included the full story of the history and development of WDW.  It would include the plane, a rebuilt Progress City model, all the mementos and displays from OMD at HS, history on the Buena Vista shopping village, items from the Preview Center that existed while WDW was being built, etc.  Like a museum of sorts that pulled the entire history together.  

Ok. I guess in the only one that likes the Backlot Tour.

It's a great way to kill an 1/2 hour. And I get to sit down for a while. I always wanted to be picked for the opening PT boat scene.

And I like driving thru the costuming department.

Or maybe I just don't like change.

You and me both Ray.

I hate change. Maelstrom and Backlot Tour in one week?

I don't know if I can handle that.

The changes better be good.

Cody

I thought the backlot tour was closed when the stunt show was built. We just realized last month when we were there it was still open. I'm glad we went on it since its closing it was funny walking through the prop room. It was like walking back in time for me since I don't think one thing in those cages were added since at least 1992 (the last time I have been on it. Catastrophe canyon is a cool thing but you can see how it has shown its age. Half the views you should see while the tram goes through the seamstress shop are blacked out. It's a shame this attraction got shortened and forgot about. I hate to see it go, but it's time.

It's a great way to kill an 1/2 hour. And I get to sit down for a while. I always wanted to be picked for the opening PT boat scene.

And I like driving thru the costuming department.

I'm with you Ray